Windows 10: Difference between these drivers

Discus and support Difference between these drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tinkered with the built-in Realtek drivers of my newly bought laptop. After getting things mixed up, I uninstalled them from my PC and installed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Comfy_Yuru_Camper, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Difference between these drivers

I tinkered with the built-in Realtek drivers of my newly bought laptop. After getting things mixed up, I uninstalled them from my PC and installed the one from the device support. (Just choose win10 64bit)

Then to my surprise, the PC never produced any sound until I downloaded the codec driver which seems similar to this one.

So that got me thinking. What's the difference between these drivers? I couldn't get any satisfactory answer in the web so I thought of asking here. Also just in case, there was no problem before all this tinkering. And for some reason, the Realtek folder appeared in the Program Files after downloading the codec driver (the one from techspot) even though it was never there before, not even when it was first working. And what is an ALCxxx?

submitted by /u/Comfy_Yuru_Camper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Comfy_Yuru_Camper, Apr 1, 2020

2. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Difference between these drivers 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Difference between these drivers 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Why are UIs different sizes?

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if they help:

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Sincerely,

Ankit Rajput, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Difference between these drivers

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Difference between these drivers

1. Difference between these drivers - Similar Threads - Difference between drivers

2. Difference between different partitions ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between different partitions ?: Need some answers. Please help.What is the difference between Physical and Logical partition in Windows ?Is it possible to create a Physical partition in laptops where the Windows is OEM installed , like HP laptops ?Why does the warranty void if a Physical partition created...
  3. Difference between different partitions ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference between different partitions ?: Need some answers. Please help.What is the difference between Physical and Logical partition in Windows ?Is it possible to create a Physical partition in laptops where the Windows is OEM installed , like HP laptops ?Why does the warranty void if a Physical partition created...
  4. Difference Between Browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference Between Browsers: What is the perfmance difference between the various browsers such as Chrome, Edge, Bing and others? Speed, search ability. How / why should I pick one over the others? * Changed to a discussion and moved from Community Center...
  5. Difference Between Browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference Between Browsers: What is the perfmance difference between the various browsers such as Chrome, Edge, Bing and others? Speed, search ability. How / why should I pick one over the others? * Changed to a discussion and moved from Community Center...
  6. Difference between made in difference country.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Difference between made in difference country.: I want to know what is the difference between made in the USA vs. made in Vietnam windows 10 pro original. is there any difference in the specification or something else?...
  7. Difference between

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Difference between: Is there a significant difference between the 14" Pavilion Laptop and the 14" Stream Laptop? Thanks. Sean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between/c649a7f5-03d2-4ee9-9dab-d71a780e228f
  8. difference between ati driver and laptop official site one?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    difference between ati driver and laptop official site one?: hi guys. i want to know the difference between ati driver on their website and the driver on laptop official site. latest ati driver size for example 398 or 420 MB. but on Hp or Dell site it has 600 MB? when i use ati official one on Hp BS series, drivers model becomes 520...
  9. and Difference between

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    and Difference between: What is the difference between defender definition updates KB915597 and KB2267602? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/and-difference-between/090c74ba-f728-4424-ab7c-759bf9453aaf
  10. Difference between ISO's?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difference between ISO's?: If I download a new ISO with the MediaCreation tool from MS today, will the ISO be different from launch day? Meaning, does it contain all updates and fixes that has been sent out since launch? 26015