Windows 10: Difference between "Turn off screen" and "sleep" on Surface Pro?

Discus and support Difference between "Turn off screen" and "sleep" on Surface Pro? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On computers with Connected Standby enabled (Surface Pro, various supported tablets and ultrabooks…), you can set a separate time for "Turn screen off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Brunni, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Brunni Win User

Difference between "Turn off screen" and "sleep" on Surface Pro?

On computers with Connected Standby enabled (Surface Pro, various supported tablets and ultrabooks…), you can set a separate time for "Turn screen off after" and "PC goes sleep after" from PC Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep. However only the first parameter seems to be taken in account.

For instance, if I set "turn off after 3 min" and "go to sleep after 5 min" I'd expect my screen to turn off after 3 minutes and my workstation to lock and enter connected standby after 5 minutes. But connected standby will enter after 3 minutes, and you will have to input your password again.

It's particularly annoying since Windows 10 removed the option to "dim display after" a user-defined delay. Let's consider the following use case: using a Surface Pro to take notes in a conference. You might want the screen to dim as quickly as possible to not keep you disturbing (1 minute), but you don't want your remote desktop connection to cut, and having to re-input your password (or Windows to try its best to recognize your face) every minute.

Am I missing something?

:)

Brunni, Nov 5, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

hi, thank you. I followed your advice but just worked for turn off and turn on and I am still encountering the screen not on after sleep. look forward to any further assistance for this screen not on after sleep. Thank you

SokthearithYi, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Difference between "Turn off screen" and "sleep" on Surface Pro?

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Hold the power button down 20-30 seconds.
    • Hold the volume rocker up and power on for almost 15 seconds.
    • After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
    • Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

Also, refer the post by Josh_F from the link provided below:

Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Difference between "Turn off screen" and "sleep" on Surface Pro?

1. Difference between "Turn off screen" and "sleep" on Surface Pro? - Similar Threads - Difference between Turn

2. What is the difference between sleep mode and your screen turning off. For laptops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference between sleep mode and your screen turning off. For laptops.: I have an HP laptop and I have the Steam store installed. I have set up Steam Link, so I can play some of my Steam games on my phone if I am out of town. I know I have to have my computer on for it to work while I am away. I see in my setting showing Screen off after so long...
  3. What is the difference between sleep mode and your screen turning off. For laptops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the difference between sleep mode and your screen turning off. For laptops.: I have an HP laptop and I have the Steam store installed. I have set up Steam Link, so I can play some of my Steam games on my phone if I am out of town. I know I have to have my computer on for it to work while I am away. I see in my setting showing Screen off after so long...
  4. What is the difference between sleep mode and your screen turning off. For laptops.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen won't turn off or sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen won't turn off or sleep: My screen won't turn off or sleep even though the settings are set. It does occasionally turn off after 5 mins as set, but randomly comes back on. It will rarely sleep unless I use the power button and manually send it to sleep....
  6. What is difference in power options between turning off screen and sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is difference in power options between turning off screen and sleep: Hello, While I understand the distinction between battery and plug, I don't, precisely, understand the difference between "Screen" and "Sleep." I would appreciate an explanation. I also have a pin on my laptop and am hoping that one of the -- either "Screen" or "Sleep" will...
  7. Surface Pro 4 keyboard turning on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 keyboard turning on and off: I have a surface pro four, and the keyboard it came with that I've been using since I got it suddenly started acting up, about an hour ago. It's been turning on and off, at seemingly random intervals, even though I've done what others have suggested for simmilar problems...
  8. Surface pro screen turns black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro screen turns black: My surface pro x has been crashing a lot lately, even after i deleted any suspicious files. The screen turns black but the audio is still running, and I’ve even restarted it but its still happening. Its very annoying, and I dont know what to do...
  9. Difference between "sleep" & "hibernate" 7 "turn off display

Difference between "sleep" & "hibernate" 7 "turn off display: I would like to know what exactly happens when I chose one of the above Thanks Mike https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-sleep-hibernate-7-turn-off/62c6d613-1350-44db-88c0-bcd5cd95923b
  10. Surface Pro 4 sleeping while using (Sleep is OFF)

Surface Pro 4 sleeping while using (Sleep is OFF): So i just got my Surface Pro 4 replaced under warranty. I take my replacement out of the box, excited to finally have it back. (It had been broken for a couple of months before I realised it was still under warranty.) So as I boot it up, get through the setup, and start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. difference between screen turn off and sleep

2. difference between screen and sleep

3. difference between sleep and screen off

4. windows surface screen off sleep,
  5. power and sleep difference screen and sleep,
  6. difference between scree and sleep in power options,
  7. difference betweet sleep and turn,
  8. turn off display vs sleep,
  9. turn screen off vs sleep windows 10,
  10. turn display off vs sleep,
  11. whats the difference between screen off and sleep pc,