Windows 10: difference in drive size

Discus and support difference in drive size in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; windows explorer shows 67.1 Gb free for C: drive as below. [img] But dual boot mint shows as below [img] why such a difference? 118561 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lvgandhi, Sep 25, 2018.

1. lvgandhi Win User

difference in drive size

windows explorer shows 67.1 Gb free for C: drive as below.

difference in drive size [​IMG]

But dual boot mint shows as below

difference in drive size [​IMG]

why such a difference?

:)

lvgandhi, Sep 25, 2018

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 25, 2018
  3. little cat, Sep 25, 2018
  4. difference in drive size

Showing difference in the size of the files and drive on Windows 10 computer

Hello Kofi,

We realize your concern in this regard. Let us know few things to analyze the issue.

• Are you referring system partition drive?
    • How exactly you're concluding size of the files?
    • Did you really notice the files missing from the drives?
    • In case, are you talking about external hard drive?
    Give us these details to assist you better.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

difference in drive size

1. difference in drive size - Similar Threads - difference drive size

2. How to combine hard drives of different sizes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to combine hard drives of different sizes?: HiI have a myriad of hard drives accumulated over the years, of sizes: 2 of 1TB, 1 of 2TB, 2 of 4TB.The optimal setup would be using 3 drives of 4TB in RAID5, using a spanned drive of the 1TB and 2TB drives.Is that possible somehow?I'm using build 23493 of windows 11...
  3. How to combine hard drives of different sizes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to combine hard drives of different sizes?: HiI have a myriad of hard drives accumulated over the years, of sizes: 2 of 1TB, 1 of 2TB, 2 of 4TB.The optimal setup would be using 3 drives of 4TB in RAID5, using a spanned drive of the 1TB and 2TB drives.Is that possible somehow?I'm using build 23493 of windows 11...
  4. Thumbnail Size Difference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail Size Difference: I was wondering why the thumbnail image is bigger than others.. I am new at making my own icons, etc and the only thing I can say is that they are all the same dimensions. They are all kb in size. I'm not sure why it bothers me, but it does. Any ideas to fix it? Some larger...
  5. Thumbnail Size Difference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnail Size Difference: I was wondering why the thumbnail image is bigger than others.. I am new at making my own icons, etc and the only thing I can say is that they are all the same dimensions. They are all kb in size. I'm not sure why it bothers me, but it does. Any ideas to fix it? Some larger...
  6. size of used area in drive D is different from the total size of folders and files in drive D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    size of used area in drive D is different from the total size of folders and files in drive D: size of used area in drive D is different from the total size of folders and files in drive D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-of-used-area-in-drive-d-is-different-from-the/6428c832-58b4-41cb-b3e0-10c1e8228074
  7. Font size different

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size different: Hi,The size of the view menu bar is smaller than that of icons. How can I fix this problem? I mean to make the size of view bar biggerBest regards,Jiao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size-different/2970b447-e0eb-4079-950f-97ce96867ee4
  8. Storage Spaces with hard drives of different size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces with hard drives of different size: I have read a lot about storage spaces and I do use it since it has been available to bundle my hard drives. Now I want to reduce the amount of drives, but I'm not sure whether I need to do it all at once creating a new pool with a new drive and moive the files or if I could...
  9. Different Display Size for Different Programs

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Different Display Size for Different Programs: OK, since I started using my SP4 with Win 10, I've noticed a number of things - particularly Java-based (but not all Java based)- appear at about half the size I'd like them to, and can't be adjusted. Now here's a new one. I have one piece of software that now appears...
  10. Different size of recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Different size of recovery drive?: I'm active in SeniorNet. We have helped about 20 persons to upgrade to Windows 10. One peculiar thing we noticed is that different PC´s demand different size for the USB Recvery disk after the uppgrade. We had a range from 4GB to 32GB. A majority used 16GB....