Windows 10: Difference in files/folders from backup of files

Discus and support Difference in files/folders from backup of files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I copied the contents from my main hard drive to a backup hard drive and want to verify if I am missing any files. I copied my files with teracopy and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CampNowhere, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Difference in files/folders from backup of files

I copied the contents from my main hard drive to a backup hard drive and want to verify if I am missing any files.

I copied my files with teracopy and verified that all files transferred and were successful. When I click on the root folder from both drives they have a difference of 16 folders and a couple dozen files. When i go inside the root folder and select all the contents then click on properties windows says I have the same exact files/folders on both drives. It even shows the exact same amount of bytes.

Am I missing files/folders? Why does windows display a different amount of files/folder when viewing the properties of the root folder then it does when I go inside the folder and select all the files/folders manually and view the properties?

:)

CampNowhere, Nov 2, 2018
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Nov 2, 2018
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 2, 2018
  4. GSquadron Win User

Difference in files/folders from backup of files

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Nov 2, 2018
Thema:

Difference in files/folders from backup of files

1. Difference in files/folders from backup of files - Similar Threads - Difference files folders

2. Are 'Backup' & 'File History' Two Different Backup Options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are 'Backup' & 'File History' Two Different Backup Options?: Apologies if this has been asked before...As I see there are three ways one can backup their files using the default options provided by windows...1. Backup and Restore Windows 7 - goodness know why this still exists or hasn't been updates since windows 7 2. 'Backup using...
  3. Are 'Backup' & 'File History' Two Different Backup Options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are 'Backup' & 'File History' Two Different Backup Options?: Apologies if this has been asked before...As I see there are three ways one can backup their files using the default options provided by windows...1. Backup and Restore Windows 7 - goodness know why this still exists or hasn't been updates since windows 7 2. 'Backup using...
  4. Are 'Backup' & 'File History' Two Different Backup Options?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. backup files/folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    backup files/folders: I need to recover files/folders from backups performed by previous versions of Windows. I presently use Windows 10, and when I click on to select a folder, I get a message that the files/folders are not partitioned etc., and need to be fixed first. On Settings, it shows that...
  6. Backup my files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup my files and folders: Can someone Please explain to me in Layman's Terms the easiest way to backup my files and folders, I am 71 years old and find it difficult to sometimes grasp or follow windows instructions. I'm sure I need to be able to carry out this Task to keep myself safe from loosing my...
  7. File and Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File and Folder Backup: Whenever I turn on my computer, I get messages: "file and folder backup missed a scheduled backup," "file and folder backup will start in [x] seconds," then "job cannot run because of invalid destination." How can I disable this whole process, so that I don't get these...
  8. File search from folders located on different drives

in Windows 10 Support
    File search from folders located on different drives: How to run single file name text string search with Windows File manager (explorer) from folders located on different drives? Search result may be 0-100 files. Any ideas? Perhaps it's possible to link folders somehow to look like one? 141827
  9. Backup single file in folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup single file in folder: Hi Is there any simple way, not involving 3rd party software to get File History to backup a single file in a folder? I'm trying to backup the Google Chrome bookmarks file, the file itself is about 1k but it's in a folder with 1Gb of files and I don't need to backup any...
  10. Restore Files from Backup of Different PC ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Files from Backup of Different PC ?: I have an external hard drive that has two sets of backups (using Win 7 Backup & Restore). One set of backups is for my current PC (running Win10 after upgrade from Win 7) and another set of backups is for my previous PC (running Win 7). I'd like to look for something in the...