Windows 10: difference in size of same iso files downloading from diferent platform.

Discus and support difference in size of same iso files downloading from diferent platform. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; why there is size difference in windows 10 .iso file when downloading from windows media tool 3.87gb and android phone 4.9gb? why 1 gb difference? Same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aayush 16, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Aayush 16 Win User

difference in size of same iso files downloading from diferent platform.

why there is size difference in windows 10 .iso file when downloading from windows media tool 3.87gb and android phone 4.9gb? why 1 gb difference? Same architecture x64.

:)

Aayush 16, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Luka KLLP Win User

Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, Jun 28, 2020
  3. What is the difference between ISOs downloaded from Media Creation Tool and direct from Microsoft?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

If I understand you correctly you are willing to know the reason why the size of Windows 10 differs if downloaded from the same website but on different platform.

I want to inform you that if Windows 10 ISO is downloaded on Windows system then the size is 3.1GB but if it is downloaded on non Windows Operating system then the size is 3.8GB.

This is because if we upgrade from Windows computer many settings, personalization just upgrade but if we download ISO on non windows system then all of these settings and personalization need to be downloaded and install.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 28, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

Thema:

1. difference in size of same iso files downloading from diferent platform. - Similar Threads - difference size same

2. These two files are the same image downloaded from the same place, just at different times...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    These two files are the same image downloaded from the same place, just at different times...: These files have been downloaded from the same place at a different time. One I downloaded back in July and the other I downloaded a couple days ago. For some reason, these two files have a different file size, and both of them were downloaded from here:...
  3. These two files are the same image downloaded from the same place, just at different times...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    These two files are the same image downloaded from the same place, just at different times...: These files have been downloaded from the same place at a different time. One I downloaded back in July and the other I downloaded a couple days ago. For some reason, these two files have a different file size, and both of them were downloaded from here:...
  4. Verify Size and Hash of ISO Downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verify Size and Hash of ISO Downloaded: Hello, I had previously downloaded the Windows 10 21H2 ISO in Jan-2022. And burned it in USB Stick and clean installed windows then. It was 5.47GB in size. At present, I would like to clean install the windows in one of my other laptop. I downloaded using the media creation...
  5. Verify Size and Hash of ISO Downloaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verify Size and Hash of ISO Downloaded: Hello, I had previously downloaded the Windows 10 21H2 ISO in Jan-2022. And burned it in USB Stick and clean installed windows then. It was 5.47GB in size. At present, I would like to clean install the windows in one of my other laptop. I downloaded using the media creation...
  6. Verify Size and Hash of ISO Downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Same folder, big difference in size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Same folder, big difference in size: [IMG] Hi, I have a question about this. I have a COMPUTER folder and the original is storaged in a Hard External Disk left and I tried to copied to another folder where is located in the Desktop of a Laptop right. It passed aprox. 3 hours and 30 minuted to complete the...
  8. Screens are same size but different resolution.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screens are same size but different resolution.: I have 2 screens, my main monitor that is 1440p, and a TV above it that is 1080p. They are identical in size, but due to their different resolutions windows detects the TV as being smaller. This means trying to move the mouse from the top right side of the monitor hits an...
  9. Icons of the same size appearing differently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of the same size appearing differently: All of these icons were created with the same oldtv file, in the same manner but with different logo pngs. They have all of the same properties (size, resolution [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] They originally all appeared as the larger size for months but recently have...
  10. Dual displays Same size different resolutions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual displays Same size different resolutions: I have a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both 27' and when i go to customize display settings they show up as different sizes. which makes things appear weird when going across the two monitors. Windows 10 thinks the 1080 is smaller. So i was hoping there was a...