Windows 10: Difference In Turning Off Wifi

Discus and support Difference In Turning Off Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there any difference between turning off wifi with the quick action button vs disconnecting? 97301 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jrolson, Nov 4, 2017.

1. jrolson Win User

Difference In Turning Off Wifi

Is there any difference between turning off wifi with the quick action button vs disconnecting?

:)

jrolson, Nov 4, 2017
  2. jonitis Win User

Can't connect Nokia Lumina 630 phone to home wi fi hub after software update to 8.1

Same issue with Lumia 830 after Denim update. This happens occasionally with at least 3 different WiFi network access points. Turning phone off/on always helped. Turning on/off WiFi or plane mode never helped.

jonitis, Nov 4, 2017
  3. OS internet doesn't work any more

Do you have wifi turned on? If so turn it off and see if that makes a difference.

I've found when I'm out and about and not connecting to wifi, but the wifi is turned on that this seems to confuse the phone and then I can't connect to certain things like facebook on my data connection. Most of the time when I turn off wifi on the phone,
    this clears the problem up for me. So now when I know I'm not going to be using wifi, I'll turn it off. Then I'll get a clearer data connection signal and better battery life too!

Julie fka profjulie, Nov 4, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Turning off wifi means you cannot connect to any wifi broadcasts, or use wifi direct.

Disconnecting just disconnects current broadcast, and you can connect to any other broadcast, and use wifi direct e.g. miracasting

cereberus, Nov 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Difference In Turning Off Wifi - Similar Threads - Difference Turning Off

2. WiFi Disappeared/Turned Off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Disappeared/Turned Off: Went to get on my laptop today and randomly, the Wi-Fi was completely gone. The network settings didn't even show Wi-Fi, show a control to toggle it on or off, etc. I tried the Windows troubleshooter which had a "turn on Wi-Fi" button, but that did nothing when pressed. I...
  3. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  4. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  5. Wifi turns on and off

6. Wifi turning off and on

Wifi turning off and on: Hi. I tend to have a problem with my lenovo thinkbook, and this never happened since some update like a few weeks ago. So sometimes my wi-fi just shuts itself off for a few seconds and then it turns on again. It is very annoying and I don't know that to do. I tried...
  7. Wifi Automatically Turns off

Wifi Automatically Turns off: Hi,I am facing this problem since 1-2 months.When the computer goes to sleeps,it's Wifi turns off.Everytime I need to manually turn it on.I then browsed and found that I need to go to Device Manager and check the Properties and all.I did as written.Though it did solve the...
  8. wifi turns off automatically

wifi turns off automatically: My laptop wifi automatically turns off whenever any system work is being done such as turning on the blue-tooth connection or installing a virtual OS box. Is it any fault of the software or should I check up on my laptop hardwares?...
  9. Wifi turned off

Wifi turned off: <p>Hi there.</p><p>I am using a Dell Latitude E5540 and updated my Windows to ''Windows 10, version 1803."</p><p></p><p>Now my wifi keeps turning off every time I restart my computer. I try to turn it on manually, but it doesn't work.&nbsp;</p><p></p><p>Also, my Airplane mode...
  10. Wifi Keeps Turning Off

Wifi Keeps Turning Off: Guys, all of a sudden for the past week, my wifi keeps turning off everytime I connect to a wireless network. I've tried numerous things to fix such as disabling the power off option for the adapter and doing a system restore to last month when I remember it working. I even...