Windows 10: ~ Difference Reset & Refresh in Recovery ? ~

Discus and support ~ Difference Reset & Refresh in Recovery ? ~ in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ~ Difference Reset & Refresh in Recovery ? ~ Recovery - Reset this PC vs Fresh Start ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Win 8.1 needs Help, Sep 7, 2018.

1. ~ Difference Reset & Refresh in Recovery ? ~

~ Difference Reset & Refresh in Recovery ? ~

Recovery - Reset this PC vs Fresh Start ?

:)

Win 8.1 needs Help, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

No option to refresh

Hello gallicbear, *Smile

The tutorial below can help show you how to "refresh" Windows 10. Both "reset" and "refresh" is done through the "reset" option. The difference is that when you select "Keep my files" at step 4 below, it will do a "refresh".

Refresh Windows 10

Brink, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Nik_2296 Win User

Query about refreshing, resetting, and recovery on windows 10

I upgraded to windows 10 today. What i want to know is, if i refresh or reset or recover my laptop, will i retain windows 10 or will i go back to windows 8?

P.S. - When i went to recovery options from outside of windows, under refresh, reset and recovery, the target operating system was shown as windows 10.

Nik_2296, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. ~ Difference Reset & Refresh in Recovery ? ~ - Similar Threads - Difference Reset Refresh

2. "Refresh and Recovery" in Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Refresh and Recovery" in Windows 10: Split from this thread. Hi Chandy, I seem to be going from one subject to another! I am a little confused between "Refresh and Recovery" in Windows 10. I seem to think I did something like this about 2 years ago. At the time I was having various problems with certain apps. I...
  3. "Refresh and Recovery" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Refresh and Recovery" in Windows 10: Split from this thread. Hi Chandy, I seem to be going from one subject to another! I am a little confused between "Refresh and Recovery" in Windows 10. I seem to think I did something like this about 2 years ago. At the time I was having various problems with certain apps. I...
  4. "Refresh and Recovery" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. It is Reset or Refresh feature?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It is Reset or Refresh feature?: Hello, It is Reset and Refresh feature? or both of these are Reset feature and we cannot refresh within Control Panel in Windows? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-is-reset-or-refresh-feature/276c61e2-9ee7-4f91-8473-627ee104bed6
  6. Different refresh rates for monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different refresh rates for monitors: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7h9bnu/psafor_people_with_dual_monitors_with_different/ Has this even been fixed yet? Needs to be fixed especially for G-sync users "It's because of windows desktop manager. It always runs in vsync. On windows 7 you could...
  7. Windows 10 -Resetting or Refreshing

Windows 10 -Resetting or Refreshing: My computer originally came with Windows 8 and then converted to Windows 10. Something happened to computer, so when I do resetting or refreshing, it does not complete it and begin to undo all changes. Is there way to reset or how to get a Windows 10 from Microsoft? Thank...
  8. Refresh or Reset PC

Refresh or Reset PC: Refresh or Reset Windows 10 removes files in Drive C. or only the partition where the Windows 10 OS is installed? 17825
  9. Insert media for reset or refresh

Insert media for reset or refresh: A few of my apps disappeared, and I can't open the app store. I tried using a restore point, which it said it could not complete. Tried a different date, same result. Tried a powershell command I found on another tech site. No good. Now I'm looking at doing a reset or...
  10. Recovery - Refresh 9879

Recovery - Refresh 9879: Has anyone been able to "Refresh" on build 9879? Part of testing this out is all the functionality. I changed some things in the system and was going to do a "Refresh" to correct but to my surprise it goes through the process, reboots and then tells you there were problems,...