Windows 10: Differences between Logons in Event History

Discus and support Differences between Logons in Event History in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My monitor was waking up at random intervals. By using a camera in the room, I recorded the times that the monitor wakes up and compared the events in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IMayNeed, Jun 21, 2021.

1. IMayNeed Win User

Differences between Logons in Event History

My monitor was waking up at random intervals. By using a camera in the room, I recorded the times that the monitor wakes up and compared the events in Event History. I realized that the wake up times corresponded to Logons in Windows Logs - Security Events. There were other Logons and Special Logons which did not wake the system up, but some of these were waking the monitor up for some reason. I did not see any difference in the Logon information that did not wake the system up, and did wake the system up. Code: Subject: Security ID:SYSTEM Account Name:"""Computer Name""" Account Domain:"""Domain Name""" Logon ID:0x3E7 Logon Information: Logon Type:5 Restricted Admin Mode:- Virtual Account:No Elevated Token:Yes Impersonation Level:Impersonation New Logon: Security ID:SYSTEM Account Name:SYSTEM Account Domain:NT AUTHORITY Logon ID:0x3E7 Linked Logon ID:0x0 Network Account Name:- Network Account Domain:- Logon GUID:{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} Process Information: Process ID:0x230 Process Name:C:\Windows\System32\services.exe Network Information: Workstation Name:- Source Network Address:- Source Port:- Detailed Authentication Information: Logon Process:Advapi Authentication Package:Negotiate Transited Services:- Package Name (NTLM only):- Key Length:0 Why are some logons waking up my system and some others are not? How can I make sure that my system is secure and no one is seeing my monitor? (For example, Teamviewer is installed on my computer, but it is to see other computers, not this one. This one has no random password on it, it is disabled. There is nothing in teamviewer logs, or in Event History logs). How can I find out which process is waking up the computer? Is there any good network monitor that can log every in/out connection to the computer? (I tried Network Limiter, unfortunately, it does only show current connections, not the ips of past connections. I need a network monitor, that can show me the ip addresses (and machine addresses if possible) in a certain time period I specify. ) As an extra information, I checked and compared all of the logs in the Event History, and nothing matched up except some Logons. I checked the system with Windows and third party tools, nothing found. Only programs installed on the computer are known programs, such as TeamViewer. I am just not able to figure out why some Logons are waking the computer up. And I am not able to find a network monitor that can show me past connections with ip addresses. Thanks.

:)

IMayNeed, Jun 21, 2021
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you on a domain network?
    2. May I know the make and the model number of your system?

The event logs you have provided seems to be the security logs that is generated when you login to your system. For more information on the event that was generated, you can check
    4672(S): Special privileges assigned to new logon.

The Windows error logs will be located at Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System.

Please follow the step below and check if it works for you.

Step: Improve Windows 10 Performance.

Try some of the following suggestions to help
    make your Windows 10 PC run better
    . The steps are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Note: The last step on the article contains Windows Reset, I suggest you not to perform Windows reset, as there is a change your data and applications will be wiped and also
    the OS will reverted back to previous version you upgraded from.

If the issue still persists, please reply to this post with more information so that we can identify the root cause of this issue and assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 21, 2021
  3. File History won't restore error message ‘'File History is saving Copies of your files for the first time’.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• Have you tried the option to restore the file or files to a different location?

Method A: Follow these steps:

1. Open "Settings" app.
    2. Open "Update and Security".
    3. Select "Backup" category.
    4. Click "More options" under Backup using File History.
    5. Scroll down to "Back up to a different drive".
    6. Click "Stop using drive".
    7. Go back to the main Backup window.
    8. Click "Add a drive".
    9. Select the new drive.

Method B: Instead of deleting the complete File History folder, suggest you to delete or empty the configuration folder under File History to check if that helps.

The File History configuration is located in the following location: ‘C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration folder’.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check the File History status.

Method C: There are chances that a file/files may be corrupt or damaged in the backup. Hence getting the error. The Windows Event Viewer shows a log of application and system messages, including errors, information messages, and warnings. It’s a useful
    tool for troubleshooting all kinds of different Windows problems.

Events are placed in different categories, each of which is related to a log that Windows keeps on events regarding that category. While there are a lot of categories, the vast amount of troubleshooting you might want to do pertains to three of them:

Application: The Application log records events related to Windows system components, such as drivers and built-in interface elements.

System: The System log records events related to programs installed on the system.

Security: When security logging is enabled (it’s off by default in Windows), this log records events related to security, such as logon attempts and resource access.

Press Windows key + X and click on Event Viewer.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 21, 2021
  4. JSApps Win User

I want to lookover the logon history of workstation including logon and logout times for all user accounts as the event viewer was lock by server administrator

- logon history of workstation including logon and logout times for all user accounts

- the event viewer was lock by server administrator

-control panel was lock by administor

JSApps, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Differences between Logons in Event History - Similar Threads - Differences between Logons

2. Difference between different partitions ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between different partitions ?: Need some answers. Please help.What is the difference between Physical and Logical partition in Windows ?Is it possible to create a Physical partition in laptops where the Windows is OEM installed , like HP laptops ?Why does the warranty void if a Physical partition created...
  3. Difference between different partitions ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference between different partitions ?: Need some answers. Please help.What is the difference between Physical and Logical partition in Windows ?Is it possible to create a Physical partition in laptops where the Windows is OEM installed , like HP laptops ?Why does the warranty void if a Physical partition created...
  4. Difference between

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Difference between: Is there a significant difference between the 14" Pavilion Laptop and the 14" Stream Laptop? Thanks. Sean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between/c649a7f5-03d2-4ee9-9dab-d71a780e228f
  5. Logon Event IDs Explanations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logon Event IDs Explanations: Hi, I'm a non-dev person and would like some answers regarding Event Viewer in Windows 10. I wanted to keep tabs on if my PC was logged in during my absence. I found that Event ID 4624 shows the successful logins. But when I filter the ID, it turns out that several events...
  6. Event 4672, Special Logon

Event 4672, Special Logon: Why would this event be shown in my logs. No one else has had access or been given access to my pc. I will attach the event records: Log Name: Security Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Date: 12/3/2019 3:55:00 AM Event ID: 4672...
  7. Difference between File History and Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difference between File History and Backup and Restore: I want a complete backup of my laptop. I want EVERY file to be backed up. Which option is better: File History OR Backup and Restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-file-history-and-backup-and/eb00ff8f-d696-4e1a-8851-2326a88eeecd
  8. Logon event

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logon event: Hello, can someone help me to get out what kind of event is above? I can't understand who or what trying to connect into 192.168.10.50 server. A logon was attempted using explicit credentials. Subject: Security ID: SYSTEM Account Name: PC-1074-050917$ Account Domain: test...
  9. and Difference between

and Difference between: What is the difference between defender definition updates KB915597 and KB2267602? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/and-difference-between/090c74ba-f728-4424-ab7c-759bf9453aaf
  10. Difference between ISO's?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difference between ISO's?: If I download a new ISO with the MediaCreation tool from MS today, will the ISO be different from launch day? Meaning, does it contain all updates and fixes that has been sent out since launch? 26015