Windows 10: Differences between MPC-HC and MPC-BE

Discus and support Differences between MPC-HC and MPC-BE in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There seem to be two popular and regularly updated forks of Media Player Classic, the Black Edition (BE) and the Home Cinema (HC) editions. Are there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bamajon1974, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Differences between MPC-HC and MPC-BE

There seem to be two popular and regularly updated forks of Media Player Classic, the Black Edition (BE) and the Home Cinema (HC) editions. Are there any real differences between these two forks? Any advantages or disadvantages over the two editions? Thanks in advance!

:)

bamajon1974, Apr 4, 2020
  2. tonygoffe Win User

even tho I have installed mpc-hc, its not available as default choice ..why ?

What is happening, is that Win 10 is picking up not the executable desktop MPC -HC , but rather the "Uninstall" that comes with MPC-HC. ...so, what happens is that when I do as you recommend,, and click on the icon, in the SETTINGS list, I get an "uninstall
    MPC-HC" query, rather than Win10 opening the player screen ...Frustrated.

To me, the simplest thing for MS to have done is INCLUDE all the popular free-source vid players (eg. MPC-HC, VLC..) in its OEM "store".

Your response has been timely and though not solving the problem, has moved the solution process forward. Baby steps.

tonygoffe, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Rickkins Win User
    Mpc-hc causing problems...9879

Seems that mpc-hc causes issues on the task bar, and the start menu.

Anyone else..??

Rickkins, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

Differences between MPC-HC and MPC-BE

even tho I have installed mpc-hc, its not available as default choice ..why ?

Hi Tony,

When you see the Other Apps default apps in the Modern User interface or when you right click on the media file select More options/other programs and then navigate through the location where mpc-hc is installed, run the program
    and then check if the application appears in default list.

You can also set mpc-hc as default application to open the media file from your computer, To do this
    Right click on the media file > Properties > Open with > Select mpc-hc from it’s location> Apply > Ok.

Hope this helps, Get back to us if you require more help on this query.

Darshan J, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Differences between MPC-HC and MPC-BE

1. Differences between MPC-HC and MPC-BE - Similar Threads - Differences between MPC

2. Mpc-hc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mpc-hc: Anyone been using MPC-HC ? > Releases . clsid2/mpc-hc . GitHub It has region free dvd playback feature and even play blu-ray movie. One of the best media player. 181328
  3. Resume video MPC-HC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resume video MPC-HC: Hi, i know vlc player continues video playback from where i stopped it, can mpc-hc do the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resume-video-mpc-hc/e9d4460c-6a6a-42c8-acd9-f75efe95c932
  4. Have I been hacked thru old MPC-HC ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Have I been hacked thru old MPC-HC ?: Hello, I had a strange situation.I'm using newest windows 10 pro 19042. I was watching drm-free mp4 offline file from HDD downloaded from big TV broadcaster polsatsport.pl. I paused my clip on MPC-HC 1.7.13 discontinued in 2017 ,turn off monitor and left for 15 minutes....
  5. I have been hacked thru old MPC-HC on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have been hacked thru old MPC-HC on Windows 10: Hello, I had a strange situation.I'm using newest windows 10 pro 19042. I was watching drm-free mp4 offline file from HDD downloaded from big TV broadcaster polsatsport.pl. I paused my clip on MPC-HC 1.7.13 discontinued in 2017 ,turn off monitor and left for 15 minutes....
  6. No audio in mpc hc after latest critical 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No audio in mpc hc after latest critical 1903 update: My pc restarted without my consent the other day to install that latest critical exploit that was fixed, but that in the process caused mpc hc to lose all audio. Sound card is realtek hd audio on the msi z370 krait gaming board. All other audio works fine, but my main movie...
  7. MPC-BE settings keep resetting

MPC-BE settings keep resetting: i use MPC-BE version 1.5.3 Build 4428 Beta and is there a way to keep it from resetting settings as i use it to watch movies and other videos on it. 127516
  8. Edge Browser Hijacked by MPC Safe Navigation - search MPC

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser Hijacked by MPC Safe Navigation - search MPC: Edge Browser Hijacked by MPC Safe Navigation - search MPC. I tried a few of the suggestions for removal I found on-line. Most ask me to check "services" or "background service" but I could not find the program anywhere. Apparently it does have it's own uninstaller, if you...
  9. Why does MPC-HC have such a low quality video?

Why does MPC-HC have such a low quality video?: [img] [img] It looks, like MPC is missing antialiasing. I switched to VLC because of this, but I like MPC's GUI more. Is there a way to fix this or it is just a design flaw? I remember MPC to play videos normally years ago. EDIT: Using MPC-BE now, it has got...
  10. Mpc-hc causing problems...9879

Mpc-hc causing problems...9879: Seems that mpc-hc causes issues on the task bar, and the start menu. Anyone else..?? 3019

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media player classic home cinema vs black edition