Windows 10: Different accounts on the same pc

Discus and support Different accounts on the same pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys! So my sister and I share a desktop computer that we just bought. We both have our own accounts and they're admin accounts. I was wondering if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nesaes29, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Different accounts on the same pc

Hi guys! So my sister and I share a desktop computer that we just bought. We both have our own accounts and they're admin accounts. I was wondering if there is a way that we can't access to each other's stuff (programs, documents, photos). Something like having "two" separate computers. Is that possible?

submitted by /u/nesaes29
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nesaes29, Oct 2, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Different accounts on the same pc

"Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Different accounts on the same pc

1. Different accounts on the same pc - Similar Threads - Different accounts same

2. Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?: Hi,I bought Minecraft on my laptop for my kiddo--required a "Microsoft Account", which I made.When to download the installer, and it forced me to open the "Xbox App". Went to sign in there, and it said "Sign in with Microsoft Account?" I chose "Yes", and it now says that SAME...
  3. Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?: Hi,I bought Minecraft on my laptop for my kiddo--required a "Microsoft Account", which I made.When to download the installer, and it forced me to open the "Xbox App". Went to sign in there, and it said "Sign in with Microsoft Account?" I chose "Yes", and it now says that SAME...
  4. Local and distant sessions on 2 differents account with the same PC ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local and distant sessions on 2 differents account with the same PC ?: Hi,My wife and me have to work from home. She use my desktop Win11 Pro and I work from my SurfaceBook 1 Win10 Pro.Some of my stuff and apps are installed on my desktop only and I would like to open a remote desktop from my SurfaceBook to my account on my desktop while my wife...
  5. Local and distant sessions on 2 differents account with the same PC ?

Local and distant sessions on 2 differents account with the same PC ?: Hi,My wife and me have to work from home. She use my desktop Win11 Pro and I work from my SurfaceBook 1 Win10 Pro.Some of my stuff and apps are installed on my desktop only and I would like to open a remote desktop from my SurfaceBook to my account on my desktop while my wife...
  6. Different email same Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Different email same Microsoft account: I changed my email in my Microsoft account, and now i cant log in to my laptop. Cant find the option to change the user or email in the start screen before singing in. I tried the option of reseting the password in the laptop but it goes back to the old user when i have to...
  7. Different email same Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different email same Microsoft account: I changed my email in my Microsoft account, and now i cant log in to my laptop. Cant find the option to change the user or email in the start screen before singing in. I tried the option of reseting the password in the laptop but it goes back to the old user when i have to...
  8. Different email same Microsoft account

9. Remote into different account on same computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote into different account on same computer: Is there any way to control (as in, remote login-esk way to use) second account on same computer? I have several different user accounts on my computer, one is for game servers (killing floor, minecraft, etc), I'd like to be able to control it in a window from my main...
  10. Same pdf layout differ on different PC

Same pdf layout differ on different PC: Sorry. Will post again after thoroughly checking 83099