Windows 10: Different accounts when moving HDD to another PC

Discus and support Different accounts when moving HDD to another PC in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi All, I have just moved the main HDD of my PC to a second PC, and I have noticed that when I start the second PC the Windows 10 accounts are... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SimoneCroci, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Different accounts when moving HDD to another PC

Hi All,

I have just moved the main HDD of my PC to a second PC, and I have noticed that when I start the second PC the Windows 10 accounts are different. Why? where can I find the old accounts?

Best regards,

Simone

:)

SimoneCroci, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Suman_B Win User

Move Game to a different account.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To isolate your concern with the Game, we would need some information.

1. May I know from where did you purchase this Game?
    2. Is this an Xbox or a PC Game?
    3. What is the name of the Game you want to move?

If the game is linked to an incorrect Microsoft account, suggest you to contact

Microsoft accounts and billing support
    - contact number:
    (855) 425-8761.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Johankaan Win User

Different accounts when moving HDD to another PC

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Different accounts when moving HDD to another PC

1. Different accounts when moving HDD to another PC - Similar Threads - Different accounts moving

2. Different licence on another laptop and another different licence on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different licence on another laptop and another different licence on pc: Hi, so whenever im trying to install windows 10 or 11 on another of my laptop Asus X409MA using this account that has pro version for both that im using right now. After i install windows on my laptop, i'll just head to the windows settings to change some things and when i...
  3. Different licence on another laptop and another different licence on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different licence on another laptop and another different licence on pc: Hi, so whenever im trying to install windows 10 or 11 on another of my laptop Asus X409MA using this account that has pro version for both that im using right now. After i install windows on my laptop, i'll just head to the windows settings to change some things and when i...
  4. Refunding or moving a purchase to another account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Refunding or moving a purchase to another account: I recently purchased the Sea of Thieves Plunder Pass on the wrong account. Is there a way I can refund it and rebuy it on the correct account OR transfer it to the new account?This should be easy, but it's stupidly hard and I've already spent two hours trying to figure this...
  5. how to access another PC's HDD when the remote pc is using a microsoft account for login...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to access another PC's HDD when the remote pc is using a microsoft account for login...: I want to access some files from my family PC downstairs from my work Laptop upstairs. I now use my Microsoft account credentials to login to the family PC, previously i would have gone to familypc\user and then password however putting in familypc\*** Email address is...
  6. Moving an account to another user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving an account to another user: I rebuilt a computer for my girlfriend and I and when I loaded two new copies of windows 10 on each computer I used my account to set them up. Is there a way I can move the windows key on her computer to her windows account after the fact?...
  7. Move Game to a different account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Move Game to a different account.: I have an account where I accidentally activated the game key and my main account. Is it possible to connect it somehow or move this game? I want to delete the old but I will lose game. * Original title: Is it possible to mix 2 accounts?...
  8. Moving storage to different accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving storage to different accounts: I was signed into an account of mine and it was an email I was no longer using. So I signed using my current email and all my files were gone (ex: Pictures or Netflix and stuff). I don't have much storage, a little under 500gb so I was wondering if there was a way to move...
  9. VM's. Moving to different HDD's and Digital Licences

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM's. Moving to different HDD's and Digital Licences: Hi there Just a note to people who perhaps have upgraded to W10 from say W7 and then move to a different HDD when they upgraded from W7 to a W10 VM. KEEP the original W7 image . You can always create a new licensed W10 system from that if everything goes pear shaped....
  10. Moving Current HDD with Win10 to another PC (different motherboard)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving Current HDD with Win10 to another PC (different motherboard): Hello, I am in the process of moving from Europe to Canada and because of the ridiculous cost of shipping a PC across the ocean I will only move some parts (leaving mobo, case, power supply). I thought I could carelessly put my old hard drive in a new mobo but after some...