Windows 10: Different applications crashing upon launch on Windows 10

Discus and support Different applications crashing upon launch on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Apps will exit automatically upon launch. Apps affected: Spotify, Webull, Windows Settings, most apps including installation file, and windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FelixWong4, May 4, 2021.

1. Different applications crashing upon launch on Windows 10

Apps will exit automatically upon launch. Apps affected: Spotify, Webull, Windows Settings, most apps including installation file, and windows update tool.Apps not affected: Chrome, cmd.Ran sfc, DISM scan restore and component cleanup... didn't help. If anyone knows anything, please kindly help.Thank you all.

:)

FelixWong4, May 4, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 4, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 4, 2021
  4. K2DLS Win User

Different applications crashing upon launch on Windows 10

Launching Application Loads MSI for a Different App

The following issue did not occur on Windows 7 and has occured since upgrading to Windows 10.

I have 2 applications that when launched, first load an MSI for a different program that is already installed. When I get to the prompt stating to insert the disk or browse for the source, I click cancel. I get an Error 1706, no valid source message, click
    ok, the MSI rollsback and then the original application runs.

Checking the shortcuts, both applications are pointing to the right place. I also get the error if I navigate to the Program Files directory and run the exe directly.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Regards,

Dan

K2DLS, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Different applications crashing upon launch on Windows 10

1. Different applications crashing upon launch on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Different applications crashing

2. Application Crashing Upon Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Application Crashing Upon Windows 10 Update: Hello everyone,I'm seeking assistance regarding an issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, one of my essential applications consistently crashes upon launch, making it impossible for me to use it effectively.Before the...
  3. Application Crashing Upon Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Crashing Upon Windows 10 Update: Hello everyone,I'm seeking assistance regarding an issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, one of my essential applications consistently crashes upon launch, making it impossible for me to use it effectively.Before the...
  4. Application Crashing Upon Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error 0xc0000005 upon launching an Application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc0000005 upon launching an Application: Hello,Upon trying to launch a few specific applications 3, they close themself without something popping up. On Event Viewer I say an Error with the Errorcode: 0xc0000005This is only for a few specific applications, nearly all other programs work fine.Name der fehlerhaften...
  6. Error 0xc0000005 upon launching an Application

Error 0xc0000005 upon launching an Application: Hello,Upon trying to launch a few specific applications 3, they close themself without something popping up. On Event Viewer I say an Error with the Errorcode: 0xc0000005This is only for a few specific applications, nearly all other programs work fine.Name der fehlerhaften...
  7. Photos application crashes on launch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos application crashes on launch.: Title says the whole context.Error Discovery:In application "Movies & TV", and selecting "Edit in Photos" > "Save photo from video". Proceeding event launches the photos application to launch briefly and show a dark start-up display then crashes within a few seconds.Attempted...
  8. Adobe XD crashed upon launch

Adobe XD crashed upon launch: Hi, I tried to launch adobe XD but it keeps crashing and the event viewer shows this error Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 6/18/2020 1:46:40 AM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100 Level: Error Keywords: Classic...
  9. Roblox App Crashes upon Launching on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Roblox App Crashes upon Launching on Windows 10: This has been an ongoing problem since about last month. Before January of this year, the app would launch fine and as intended. However, now I am running into issues with it. Each time I try to launch the Windows Store App version of ROBLOX, it crashes within 1-3 seconds....
  10. Explorer Crashing Upon Launch.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Crashing Upon Launch.: Hi I have an issue where on one of our laptops, when user opens their file explorer, it would spin for a second then crashes. It only happens under her profile, if I log in, I can run File Explorer just fine. If I use Internet Explore then go the address bar and type...