Windows 10: Different Background Colors for Folders in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Different Background Colors for Folders in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I work a lot with remote repositories and local copies which often have the same structure, equal filenames etc. So it is often really hard to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jürgen Haring, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Different Background Colors for Folders in Windows Explorer

Hi,

I work a lot with remote repositories and local copies which often have the same structure, equal filenames etc.
    So it is often really hard to see which path i am currently in.

I would like to have the option to color a folder in a specific color and have all its children inherit this color best would be background color i think so that i can see on the first glance where the subtree i am currently in is located.

:)

Jürgen Haring, Nov 13, 2020

2. Folder Background colors

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I completely understand the way you feel at the moment. You may try the below suggested steps to change the look of the File explorer.

Are the computers connected to any Domain Network?

Kevin, you can only change the background color of File Explorer to black and the only way to do this is to go to
    Settings > Personalization > Colors > Under
    Choose your default app mode, choose Dark. Once you change this setting, you will experience the entire user interface of File Explorer, Context menu, Save and open dialog, Settings application with the blackish color.

If you want to change the background of Outlook, then I suggest you to refer
    Change the look and feel of Office with themes
    and check if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Screen background color

Hi,

You can try these steps in changing the
    Background color:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left-side of the window, select
      Colors.

• Then
      Choose a Color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 13, 2020
  4. Different Background Colors for Folders in Windows Explorer

Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: Change your desktop background image

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

Different Background Colors for Folders in Windows Explorer

1. Different Background Colors for Folders in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Different Background Colors

2. Different color background after snipping or screen print

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different color background after snipping or screen print: Why does snipping tool or screen print capture images with an almost orange background? See below:On my screen, before capturing the image, it does not appear like this. The background is white. But, once I snip or screen capture I get this......
  3. Windows Explorer background color

Windows Explorer background color: I'm using Windows Explorer in my work a lot. Problem is that contrast is very high on both Light Mode and Dark Mode. I have been circumventing that with programs like Vista Style Builder or QTTabBar. Parts of Windows Explorer that bring huge bleach are Folder pane and...
  4. Change Folder Background colors

Change Folder Background colors: How do I change the 'Folder Background colors' to something other than bright white?Very irritating to eyes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-folder-background-colors/b42adbd7-01cc-4b17-b5df-727d9e3ceba7
  5. Explorer ribbon's background color problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer ribbon's background color problem: I'm having a problem with Explorer ribbon's background color. The background color of the ribbon should be grey but sometimes it switches to white for some parts of the ribbon while the rest is grey as expected. Any idea how to fix that? Windows 10 v2004 (x64) [img] 165690
  6. Wanted feature: folders with customized color / Background color

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wanted feature: folders with customized color / Background color: I think it would be nice to be able to change the color of individual folders/ folder background so as to quickly select them by color instead of name. Does anyone know if this is possible in Win10?...
  7. Folder Icon Background Color

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Icon Background Color: Hello there, I was wondering, is there an option in Windows 10 to change the background color of the folder icons? I searched but couldn't find anything on this topic. Thank you in advance!...
  8. background color in file explorer

background color in file explorer: OS = Win 10. In my Settings>Color, I set the color to dark. All information in File Explorer comes up with a black background. Is there a way I can get a white background in File Explorer, while keeping a black background for the main program information box that comes up...
  9. Folder Background colors

Folder Background colors: We have several employees that have documented eye strain issues with, and the white folder background is making the problem worse. We need a way to make the folders have a different color other than White. We will also need a way to change the folder background in a remote...
  10. folder background color

folder background color: Change background color on Windows Explorer in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/folder-background-color/61b017af-ddb8-483c-b62c-0f4d3e88545e