Windows 10: Different backgrounds in virtual desktops for Windows 10

Discus and support Different backgrounds in virtual desktops for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I am unable to set different wallpapers in virtual desktops for Windows 10. For others, they get an option to set for different desktops, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PanktiGaur, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Different backgrounds in virtual desktops for Windows 10

Hello. I am unable to set different wallpapers in virtual desktops for Windows 10. For others, they get an option to set for different desktops, but I don't.Please help!

:)

PanktiGaur, Jun 15, 2020

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Different Background for Multiple Desktops

No, there is currently no built-in support for a different background for each virtual desktop. Upvoting feedback upon that is a good plan.

zachd [MSFT], Jun 15, 2020
  4. Different backgrounds in virtual desktops for Windows 10

Different taskbar for different virtual desktops.

I have a issue with virtual desktops in Windows 10. When I use virtual desktops, there is a single taskbar that is shared between all of them, for eg : say I have Task Manager open on "virtual desktop 1" and Windows explorer on "virtual desktop 2" and I
    am currently on "virtual desktop 1", then in taskbar I see both Explorer and Manager open whereas on "virtual desktop 1" I can only use Task Manager.

The problem with this is that when I have multiple programs and many different Chrome windows open on different virtual desktops, the taskbar gets cluttered and almost defeats the purpose of multiple desktops.

So what I want is different "local" taskbar for each virtual desktop - like if I have Task Manager on virtual desktop 1, then I should only be able to see that in my taskbar when I am using that desktop. Is this possible ?

Sorry for my bad English Different backgrounds in virtual desktops for Windows 10 :)).

Please Help Me :)), Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Different backgrounds in virtual desktops for Windows 10

1. Different backgrounds in virtual desktops for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Different backgrounds virtual

2. Still cannot have different backgrounds for Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still cannot have different backgrounds for Virtual Desktops: I keep reading different posts about issues setting different backgrounds wallpapers for virtual desktops in Windows 11. Everyone keeps saying they can't do it and the response is always the same; "Here is how you do it".PLEASE. FOR THE LAST TIME. I know HOW you are SUPPOSE...
  3. Still cannot have different backgrounds for Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still cannot have different backgrounds for Virtual Desktops: I keep reading different posts about issues setting different backgrounds wallpapers for virtual desktops in Windows 11. Everyone keeps saying they can't do it and the response is always the same; "Here is how you do it".PLEASE. FOR THE LAST TIME. I know HOW you are SUPPOSE...
  4. multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds

multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/multiple-desktops-in-windows-36f52e38-5b4a-557b-2ff9-e1a60c976434#articleFooterSupportBridge=communityBridgeGives the option to use different backgrounds on the different backgrounds. I use this to tell them appart. I use one to...
  5. I can't change the background for different virtual desktops in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the background for different virtual desktops in windows 11.: Hi all,I am unable to change wallpapers in different virtual desktops. I am trying to have different pictures in different desktops but somehow whenever I try to change the background, it changes for all the desktops.I have tried changing it by clicking the desktop from the...
  6. I can't change the background for different virtual desktops in windows 11.

I can't change the background for different virtual desktops in windows 11.: Hi all,I am unable to change wallpapers in different virtual desktops. I am trying to have different pictures in different desktops but somehow whenever I try to change the background, it changes for all the desktops.I have tried changing it by clicking the desktop from the...
  7. Virtual Desktop Background issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Desktop Background issues: Hi All, So I created separate backgrounds for my seven desktops. I edited pretty pictures with text in the corner to let me know which desktop I'm on. But even though I right click and change the background for one of them, it will appear on two or three of them overwriting,...
  8. Virtual Desktop Background issues

Virtual Desktop Background issues: Hi All, So I created separate backgrounds for my seven desktops. I edited pretty pictures with text in the corner to let me know which desktop I'm on. But even though I right click and change the background for one of them, it will appear on two or three of them overwriting,...
  9. windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops: Bug reproduce: OS: windows 10: 1803 (x64 intel 7500U 8G ram) it is easy to reproduce the bug.... When I press Task View it will show currently opened apps on this desktop (e.g. desktop 1) then I add a new virtual desktop (e.g. desktop 2) Now Task View shows I have...
  10. Virtual Desktop running in the background?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Desktop running in the background?: I know how to create virtual desktops and all in Windows 10, but is there any way to have them running in the background while I do other things? For instance I want a game to be running in fullscreen and a macro controlling the character on one desktop, while I do other...