Windows 10: Different Backgrounds on each monitor

Discus and support Different Backgrounds on each monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to set a different wallpaper on each monitor. However, when I right click the image to set the monitor seeing "Set for monitor 2" twice. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimVanDerPloeg, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Different Backgrounds on each monitor

I am trying to set a different wallpaper on each monitor. However, when I right click the image to set the monitor seeing "Set for monitor 2" twice.

I have two of the same model number monitors. They are ONN Monitors. Does anyone know why I am not seeing a "Set for monitor 1" selection?

Different Backgrounds on each monitor 83ec819a-8bcf-45b3-859a-c2597a495dec?upload=true.png

:)

JimVanDerPloeg, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Kildja Win User

Support For Different Backgrounds on Dual Monitors

Hello,

I have seen posts from a couple years ago with solutions that don't work on this topic, so I am re-posting this in the hopes that this is a suggestion that would benefit other Windows 10 Users besides me.

My PC has Windows 10 and because I like to bounce back and forth between things, I have dual monitors attached to my PC. This is all fine and dandy, except for one tiny Customization option that is missing - I wish I had the support to have differing backgrounds.
    In my particular case, I would like my Monitor 1 to have a picture/slideshow of a household pet or family pictures whereas I would like my Monitor 2 to have personal motivational quotes that I could change by pretty-fying (dunno if that's even a real word)
    the quote using the Paint program.

• Am I alone in thinking this would be a good feature for Microsoft to add in a future update?
    • What kind of different background options would you want to have on Windows 10?
    • Is there a way to do this that is easy enough for a non-programming casual PC gamer to understand and implement?
    • I bring this up only because I have seen some "Magic Fix" on a post from 2015 that I tried involving using the Windows Run
    • And it didn't work at all. Just took me back to the Background page under Settings -> Personalization

Kildja, Oct 1, 2019
  3. (4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background when background is set to slideshow shuffle

My setup:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
    • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition, fully updated drivers

Steps to reproduce:

1. Connect the monitors as in the title
    2. Set wallpaper background to shuffle in Windows Settings

What happens:

2 of the monitors (always adjacent to each other) have the same background.

What should happen:

All 3 monitors should have different backgrounds.

Anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas?

Judah_Richardson, Oct 1, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Different Backgrounds on each monitor

Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Hi All,
    If you have a dual monitors and want to set a different background for each. You don't need third party program to set them. Here's an easy way:
    1. Copy the background images to: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows

Different Backgrounds on each monitor [​IMG]

2. Use CTRL key for multiple selection to select both backgrounds.
    3. Right click on one background->Set as desktop background

You should have a separate background for each monitor.

The background images will be stored under:
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
    as:
    Transcoded_000 and Transcoded_001 without extension

If you want to swap the images, just rename 0 to 1, 1 to 0. Sign out and sign back in or
    right click on desktop and select: Next desktop background

Here's an example:

topgundcp, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Different Backgrounds on each monitor

1. Different Backgrounds on each monitor - Similar Threads - Different Backgrounds each

2. Two different background pictures, one for each monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two different background pictures, one for each monitor: I woke up this morning and i realised I'm not able to set up two different background images, as I said in the title. The "Set for monitor 1" and "Set for monitor 2" buttons just dissapeared and now it only shows "Set as background image" as a whole, both monitors now must...
  3. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors: I am currently unable to set different images as backgrounds on my different monitors. This is what I see when I try to do so:I have tried using methods I found in other threads to fix this problem. I have tried switching to duplicate display and back to extend as well as...
  4. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors: I am currently unable to set different images as backgrounds on my different monitors. This is what I see when I try to do so:I have tried using methods I found in other threads to fix this problem. I have tried switching to duplicate display and back to extend as well as...
  5. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Different Backgrounds For My Monitors

Different Backgrounds For My Monitors: So I have two monitors, one being set up vertically and the other (my main monitor) is horizontal. I was wondering if there was a way to have my main monitor be set to shuffle for my backgrounds and the secondary monitor be a set/static background. I don't know if I am just...
  7. Unable to select different backgrounds for each monitor

Unable to select different backgrounds for each monitor: My monitors are different resolutions and after the update, windows no longer has the right click option of "set to monitor 1/2/etc". Any idea on how to fix this? submitted by /u/wawawanny [link] [comments]...
  8. Different Slideshow wallpaper for each monitor?

Different Slideshow wallpaper for each monitor?: Looking for a program that would allow me to have a sperate slideshow wallpaper for each of my monitors. submitted by /u/32_bit_link [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lhkjto/different_slideshow_wallpaper_for_each_monitor/
  9. Different desktop background slideshow for each monitor?

Different desktop background slideshow for each monitor?: I'm looking for a way to have a different desktop background slideshow for each monitor. Each of my monitors has a different aspect ratio (one is 4x3, one is 16x9) and I want each picture to fit nicely. I have two folders of photos with the right aspect ratio for each...
  10. How to display different slideshow wallpapers (backgrounds) on each monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display different slideshow wallpapers (backgrounds) on each monitor: Previously, I could set the background to "Slideshow," choose an album folder, and see a different image from the folder on each screen. The pictures on each screen would then change to something else according to the "Change picture every" timeframe. Now, with these same...