Windows 10: Different BSOD on 2 different Win 10 boot drives

Discus and support Different BSOD on 2 different Win 10 boot drives in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Custom made my desktop a few weeks ago with 1 nvme and 1 sata hdd. Win 10 installed on both hdd because initially had trouble installing on the nvme.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by soliquid, Apr 20, 2020.

1. soliquid Win User

Different BSOD on 2 different Win 10 boot drives

Custom made my desktop a few weeks ago with 1 nvme and 1 sata hdd.
    Win 10 installed on both hdd because initially had trouble installing on the nvme.

BSOD on the sata drive seem to be caused more by ntoskrnl.exe
    sata.zip

BSOD on the nvme drive seem to be caused more by dxgkrnl.sys
    nvme.zip

Window Version 1909 for both.

:)

soliquid, Apr 20, 2020
  2. FAUguy Win User

How to dual boot Windows 10 with 2 different hard drives?

This is what I use, Visual BCD Editor

https://www.boyans.net/

I had Win 7 on SSD, with XP and Vista on separate hard drive.

Then last week did the Win 10 upgrade over Win 7.

This program allows different drives with different OS on them and can boot to any.

FAUguy, Apr 20, 2020
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Different BSOD on 2 different Win 10 boot drives :)

cplpro, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Different BSOD on 2 different Win 10 boot drives

Have 4 different SSD drives with 4 different operating systems using UEFI DELL BIOS 2018

I Have 4 different SSD drives with 4 different operating systems, Win 7 -
    Win8.1 - Win 10 Pro - and lynx Ubunta, Using Dell UEFI on Windows 10 Pro 64bit Machine,

How to boot to each different drive when system is booting up

How to manage this drives UEFI is giving me a hard time ( Well I am not sure what is going on ) . One of the drives is mounted on the mother board ( M.2 SSD )

I have secure boot turned off

Format drives using MBR/GPT ?

Why hasn't engineering design a choice on boot for toggling between different drives ( I do not mean dual boot )

I Hope someone can explain I would be grateful because I am loosing my hair

Thank You

James

Fasteddy711, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Different BSOD on 2 different Win 10 boot drives

1. Different BSOD on 2 different Win 10 boot drives - Similar Threads - Different BSOD different

2. Will not boot from a different drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will not boot from a different drive: I am on Windows 10. I originally had two drives, a storage ssd and a smaller boot ssd. I just installed a brand new m.2 in my machine, and installed windows on it. I tried to format my original boot ssd afterwards, but to no avail. The new drive boot into Windows once upon...
  3. Will not boot from a different drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will not boot from a different drive: I am on Windows 10. I originally had two drives, a storage ssd and a smaller boot ssd. I just installed a brand new m.2 in my machine, and installed windows on it. I tried to format my original boot ssd afterwards, but to no avail. The new drive boot into Windows once upon...
  4. Will not boot from a different drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 2 different BSODS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2 different BSODS: I've never had BSOD up until a few days ago after I install a folder lock application that required a restart. I can only launch in safe mode, but I've done everything under the sun. I've ran memory diagnostics, updated all my drivers, clean booted, full scanned with...
  6. Can't boot into Win 8.1 after Win 10 install on different drive.

Can't boot into Win 8.1 after Win 10 install on different drive.: I have Windows 8.1 on one drive. Then I installed Windows 10 on a second drive that was attached to the same computer. Since then, I can't boot into Windows 8.1 anymore. I can see the original files and folders of the windows 8.1 installation from within the Windows 10...
  7. Dual Boot: 2 different Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Boot: 2 different Windows 10: Hello everyone, I am having a little bit of trouble and hoping you guys can help me out. I want to set up a dual boot with two different versions of Windows 10. The first (and primary) would be the 2004 update with my primary C drive, the second would be a flash drive with...
  8. How to dual boot Windows 10 with 2 different hard drives?

How to dual boot Windows 10 with 2 different hard drives?: Not sure if this is possible.. I have a new I5 Windows 10 desktop. Boots off a 500gig SSD drive and I installed a 2TB drive for additional space. Super fast runs great. I only use it for work. Minimal browsing, mostly excel type stuff. I have an older dell I5 that was...
  9. One Computer Using 2 Different Operating Systems On 2 Different Drives And Boot Manger

One Computer Using 2 Different Operating Systems On 2 Different Drives And Boot Manger: The goal is to be able to boot from either of the two operating systems from the boot manger but i don't know how to do this do i have to install OS on one then unplug that HDD then install the OS on the other HDD any help and how do i get boot Boot Manger to work right?...
  10. BSOD, 2 different codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, 2 different codes: I bought a new computer a month ago (spec on my profile). There were no problems. But 2 days ago i had a first BSOD. And since then i ve had a lot. Firstly the only code was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT but then came also CRITICAL_STRUCTULE_CORRUPT . I want to add that when i type sfc...