Windows 10: different cpu usage in "processes" and "details" of task manager

Discus and support different cpu usage in "processes" and "details" of task manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I found that the cpu usage of an arbitrary process are not the same in tabs "processes" and "details" of task manager. For example, I write a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chris P_N, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Chris P_N Win User

different cpu usage in "processes" and "details" of task manager

Hi,

I found that the cpu usage of an arbitrary process are not the same in tabs "processes" and "details" of task manager.

For example, I write a simple c++ program foo.exe as below:

int i;

while 1 { i++; };

The cpu usage in "processes" tab vary in the range 20%~30%, and the cpu usage in "details" tab is about 12% and much stable.

My questions are:
    1. Why does these differences happen?

2. Are there offcial documents of task manager and resource moninor?

My cpu is i5-8265u, running on win10.

Thanks,

Chris PN

:)

Chris P_N, Jun 27, 2020

2. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Nep Gear Win User
    Task Manager has different CPU Usage

I noticed that my Task Manager CPU Usage is different percent value from Rainmeter and Process Explorer. Sometimes On Task Manager CPU Usage reaches 100% sometimes I get lag and sometimes I don't lag at all even its 100%.

Windows: Windows 10 v1903

Processor: Intel core i5 8250u

different cpu usage in "processes" and "details" of task manager 01d2cebd-a0a7-412b-99c5-fb442756c9e5?upload=true.png

Nep Gear, Jun 27, 2020
  4. different cpu usage in "processes" and "details" of task manager

Task Manager has different CPU Usage

Hi,I am Vanshita, an Independent Windows Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Thank you

vanshitavanshita, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

different cpu usage in "processes" and "details" of task manager

1. different cpu usage in "processes" and "details" of task manager - Similar Threads - different cpu usage

2. CPU usage by a process named 'System Interrupts', is at 100% whenever Task Manager is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage by a process named 'System Interrupts', is at 100% whenever Task Manager is...: HiRecently I have been having a problem whenever I open the Task Manager. It says '100%' above the CPU usage section. It is showed to be caused by a process named 'System interrupts' and the CPU usage percentage by this process stays at 100% for a brief moment about 3...
  3. CPU usage by a process named 'System Interrupts', is at 100% whenever Task Manager is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage by a process named 'System Interrupts', is at 100% whenever Task Manager is...: HiRecently I have been having a problem whenever I open the Task Manager. It says '100%' above the CPU usage section. It is showed to be caused by a process named 'System interrupts' and the CPU usage percentage by this process stays at 100% for a brief moment about 3...
  4. Task manager cpu power usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager cpu power usage: Excuse me can someone help me I have found some processes using high power usage can you please have a look at these. These processes are making my laptop overheat. In this picture the cpu is at 76% but it goes upto 100%Is it okay to...
  5. Task Manager CPU Usage Question

Task Manager CPU Usage Question: Sometimes, when my computer slows down tremendously, and I open the Task Manager to try and see what process is causing the problem, the CPU usage reading at the top is showing something like 85%. But all the entries in that column are showing 0%. How do I determine what...
  6. All Processes in Task Manager>Details are Disabled and Not Allowed

All Processes in Task Manager>Details are Disabled and Not Allowed: I had to reload Windows 10 Pro 64bit from a authorized purchased disk which has Version 1703. Everything was OK until I updated to the latest Windows 10. Now all processes in Task Manager>Details>UAC Virtualization are Disabled and Not Allowed. Is this supposed to be the...
  7. The "System" Process in Task Manager Using Unusually High CPU Usage

The "System" Process in Task Manager Using Unusually High CPU Usage: In the past few days I have noticed the System process using a lot of CPU in Task Manager, around25% - 40% CPU usage. Since then I have noticed my fans randomly start spinning a lot when I am doing light tasks, like using Chrome. I am also seeing the blue loading sign next to...
  8. The memory usage of the Task Manager and the "process explorer" is different.

The memory usage of the Task Manager and the "process explorer" is different.: The memory usage of the Task Manager and the "process explorer" is different. Please tell me which program is correct. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-memory-usage-of-the-task-manager-and-the/ad23bd55-73a5-4260-9f81-75168e1a9126
  9. Task Manager has different CPU Usage

Task Manager has different CPU Usage: I noticed that my Task Manager CPU Usage is different percent value from Rainmeter and Process Explorer. Sometimes On Task Manager CPU Usage reaches 100% sometimes I get lag and sometimes I don't lag at all even its 100%. Windows: Windows 10 v1903 Processor: Intel core i5...
  10. Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage

Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage: So for roughly the past couple of weeks, I have been having issues with task manager giving me incorrect readings on the CPU usage. Before noticing this issue, I have been running my 9900K at 4.8 GHz all core with an AVX offset of 1. Initially, reducing my clock speed by 100...