Windows 10: Different D/L speeds

Discus and support Different D/L speeds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've got two PC's connected to the same router with both connected via Ethernet cable. D/L speeds between the two are wide apart. I'd like to know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by miata54, Sep 8, 2020.

1. miata54 Win User

Different D/L speeds

I've got two PC's connected to the same router with both connected via Ethernet cable. D/L speeds between the two are wide apart. I'd like to know what factors could influence this difference.

PC#1

i7-9700K 3.6 ghz base
    32GB DDR4 2666 RAM
    802.11 Network card
    D/L speed between 50-60 MBps

PC#2

AMD 1660 2.4 ghz
    4GB RAM (unknown speed)
    802.11 Network Card
    D/L speed between 10-12 MBps

Would a faster processor influence DL speeds?

:)

miata54, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Pipepro Win User

Huge differenvce in D/L speeds on different PC's

I went to device manager clicked on properties then advanced tab and this is what I have to work with.
    Different D/L speeds [​IMG]

Pipepro, Sep 8, 2020
  3. strollin Win User
    Huge differenvce in D/L speeds on different PC's

For the wireless issue, I would suggest trying a different channel as there may be some interference (such as a wireless phone) causing the slowdown. However, that has no bearing on the slowdown while wired. The only suggestion I have there is to try using a different cable. Are you using the same cable when testing on the different machines?

strollin, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Different D/L speeds

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Different D/L speeds

1. Different D/L speeds - Similar Threads - Different speeds

2. RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?: I wanted to know my ram specs to get another ram stick . So, I used task manager to know my ram specs which shows my ram speed to be 2667 mhz. on the contrary, command prompt shows it to be 3200 Mhz . i also tried using BIOS which shows it 2667 MHZ . what should i believe?...
  3. RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?: I wanted to know my ram specs to get another ram stick . So, I used task manager to know my ram specs which shows my ram speed to be 2667 mhz. on the contrary, command prompt shows it to be 3200 Mhz . i also tried using BIOS which shows it 2667 MHZ . what should i believe?...
  4. RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why there is speed difference in Ram frequency between cmd and task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why there is speed difference in Ram frequency between cmd and task manager?: Why does my laptop shows different ram speed, for example with cmd command show that is 3200mhz but on task manager shows 2400mhz, i have Asus vivobook 15 m515da with ryzen 3 3250u. Thanks....
  6. Why there is speed difference in Ram frequency between cmd and task manager?

Why there is speed difference in Ram frequency between cmd and task manager?: Why does my laptop shows different ram speed, for example with cmd command show that is 3200mhz but on task manager shows 2400mhz, i have Asus vivobook 15 m515da with ryzen 3 3250u. Thanks....
  7. RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?: Hey,I recently upgraded my RAM to 32GB. The speed should be on 3200 MHz but somehow, my task manager is showing only 1600 MHz meanwhile cmd shows 3200...What is the right number? Also my mother-board is B450M PRO-M2 V2 MS-7B84....
  8. RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?

RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?: Hey,I recently upgraded my RAM to 32GB. The speed should be on 3200 MHz but somehow, my task manager is showing only 1600 MHz meanwhile cmd shows 3200...What is the right number? Also my mother-board is B450M PRO-M2 V2 MS-7B84....
  9. RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Online speed checkers major difference

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Online speed checkers major difference: I am running windows 10, For about the last month video clips have pulsed, play about a minute then download some more. One speed checker Google.co.UK says my down load speed is about 10M which seems accurate, whilst other speed testers report the expected speed of around...