Windows 10: Different date formats for Windows Explorer and System Tray

Discus and support Different date formats for Windows Explorer and System Tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I recently updated the system tray's date format by adjusting the short date. But now I noticed that when I openFile Explorer, the date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Flyingsolo2020, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Different date formats for Windows Explorer and System Tray

Hello,

I recently updated the system tray's date format by adjusting the short date. But now I noticed that when I openFile Explorer, the date format for Date Modified and Date Created is the same as the one I created for the System tray. I don't want it to be the same date format as I'm using in the System Tray. I would like for File Explorer to use a different date format for Date Modified and Date Created properties. My questions are:

1. Is there a way to have different date formats for the System Tray and File Explorer?
    2. On the system tray I show the day of the week long and not just the first 3 letters. Always on Wednesdays, the date will not show and the system tray will only show the time. Why is this? How can I fix this?

Thanks for your help,

Flyingsolo2020

:)

Flyingsolo2020, Mar 18, 2020

2. Change date format in File Explorer

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Community.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Are you trying to change the format of the date that reflects besides your files and folders in File Explorer?

If that is the case then, I would like to inform you that you will be able to do so only if you change the system date format. To do so follow the steps below:

1. Click on the Time and Date that is located in the system tray on the task bar.

2. Click on Date and Time Settings.

3. Locate Additional Date, Time and Regional Settings.

4. Click on Date and Time.

5. Change Date and Time and then click on Change Calendar Settings.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 settings are in the American format of MMDDYY and Sage only recognises the Euro format of DDMMYY.

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to manually set the Date and Time formats.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Date and Time icon from the System tray.
    • Click on Date and time settings.
    • Select the Date & time and click on
      Change date and time formats
    • Manually set the Date and Time and check if it helps.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Different date formats for Windows Explorer and System Tray

Windows 10 Lock Screen date format

We appreciate the information that you've given. This issue may have occurred due to the selected Format under Region. There are locations that happen to follow a certain date and time format. To correct the format, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows icon + X and select Control Panel.
    • On the Control Panel window, select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Under Region, select Change date, time, or number formats.
    • On the Region window, under Formats tab, select
      English (United States) on the drop-down menu on Format.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Check your lock screen. (Attached is a reference photo)

• Different date formats for Windows Explorer and System Tray [​IMG]

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Different date formats for Windows Explorer and System Tray

1. Different date formats for Windows Explorer and System Tray - Similar Threads - Different date formats

2. Windows Explorer System Tray not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer System Tray not showing: Windows 11 Pro 22h2, windows tiny edition. Issue present since first setup, previously the issue was seen when taskbar was set to autohide, system tray stopped showing wifi/battery/sound/clock.NB: I've turned off everything I don't use search etc. I was gonna patch the...
  3. OneDrive not in system tray or Explorer

OneDrive not in system tray or Explorer: Windows 10 Home - I've just installed Onedrive on my laptop, but it's not showing up in system tray & won't start from the Start menu, so I don't think it's syncing my files.I uploaded files to it & I can access these files on Onedrive on my Android phone, but I need it to...
  4. Date not showing with time in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date not showing with time in system tray: My date has stopped appearing in my task bar, and only the time is showing. I recently changed monitor configurations over and back, and I found this problem when I returned to my original set up. I have messed with settings for this before, formatting the date/time in the...
  5. Date not showing with time in system tray

Date not showing with time in system tray: My date has stopped appearing in my task bar, and only the time is showing. I recently changed monitor configurations over and back, and I found this problem when I returned to my original set up. I have messed with settings for this before, formatting the date/time in the...
  6. Date not showing with time in system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Date format on folders in explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Date format on folders in explorer: Hi I have many folders in windows explorer that are showing American date format yyyy-mm-dd how do i change so they display dd-mm-yyyy. All settings are uk including clock and date format....
  8. Different date formats for File Explorer and System Tray

Different date formats for File Explorer and System Tray: Hello, I recently updated the system tray's date format by adjusting the short date. But now I noticed that when I openFile Explorer, the date format for Date Modified and Date Created is the same as the one I created for the System tray. I don't want it to be the same...
  9. Short Date format options differ

Short Date format options differ: I have a question about why I have different short date data format options on my SP6 vs my SP3 when they are both running ver 1903. SP6 [ATTACH] SP3 [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows & programs using different date formats

Windows & programs using different date formats: Hey all, When using Windows 10, Excel 2016 and Firefox (to name a few flavors), I'm presented with different date formats. Windows is set up the way I want it: [ATTACH] In Firefox however, some pages that display dates swap the dd / mm order, while the within the...