Windows 10: Different default playback device for each user profile.

Discus and support Different default playback device for each user profile. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to set a different default playback device for each user? I have one user account for which I want the computer speakers to always play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hs369258, Sep 24, 2018.

1. hs369258 Win User

Different default playback device for each user profile.

Is it possible to set a different default playback device for each user? I have one user account for which I want the computer speakers to always play and a gaming profile for which I want to use my headphones. Each time I switch users I also have to switch playback devices. Can I lock a device to a user?

TIA

:)

hs369258, Sep 24, 2018
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    User Profile Service failed

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Copy the Default folder (in C:\Users) from another windows 10 computer.
    • Rename the Default folder to something like DefaultOLD (just to keep it for safety reasons).
    • Paste it in your Users folder.
    • To make sure that you won't have problems with permissions of the "implant" folder, just transfer it via a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB stick (those filesystems don't have permissions).

This will provide solution to the error User Profile Service failed.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Different default playback device for each user profile.

Default Device

Hi Bilal,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

There isn't any shortcut option for switching playback device in Windows 10 so far. However you may change the settings for the default play back devices following the below steps and check.

• Open the Desktop, find the volume icon on the
      Taskbar.
    • Right click on Volume button and select the Playback devices.
    • Select the device (which you want to set as default playback device) and click on
      Set as default button (you may use the different option under the drop down menu also).
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Different default playback device for each user profile.

1. Different default playback device for each user profile. - Similar Threads - Different default playback

2. Different User Notifications on my Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different User Notifications on my Profile: Since moving in with my partner and putting her account on my PC, I have had the inconvenience of her FB messenger notifications playing sound when she is signed in but I am working on my profile. I can't seem to find any settings to disable this, and it is a pain to have her...
  3. User Profile Name by Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Name by Default: Hi everyone, my Microsoft email id is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, when on clean install i enter this email to login the user profile name under " C:\user\mail2 " shows like this.I want to know is there a way to change this " C:\user\mail2 " to " C:\user\...
  4. User Profile Name by Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile Name by Default: Hi everyone, my Microsoft email id is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, when on clean install i enter this email to login the user profile name under " C:\user\mail2 " shows like this.I want to know is there a way to change this " C:\user\mail2 " to " C:\user\...
  5. If you delete a user profile, will it affect the account on a different device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    If you delete a user profile, will it affect the account on a different device?: If you delete a user profile, will it affect the account on a different device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-you-delete-a-user-profile-will-it-affect-the/ffdba9ce-4cec-4ae9-befe-62548c93b165
  6. Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User: How to copy All Users and Default User from C drive to D drive?All Users and Default User seems to be shortcut icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-users-profile-all-users-and-default-user/e94bb39f-d648-4b2e-a930-a7aea4c158e2
  7. Unable to set default playback device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to set default playback device: Hello! I have installed VB Virtual audio cable to be able to change my voice through fl studio and into Discord. After which everything was working fine, until the next boot-up of my PC. I have no sound playing and after looking into it, I realised that Windows detected VB...
  8. Switching apps to different playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching apps to different playback devices: So Adobe Premiere Pro is currently outputting sound to speakers, how do I make it output to my headphones? I have tried Settings>System>Sound>App Volume Devices Preferences but it does not work. I also do not want to download other apps....
  9. Default user profile startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Default user profile startup: I added a user profile for my wife to my PC, but for some reason the PC always boots tmher profile and Imhave to sign myself in. Is there a way t make my profile the default. Have removed the need for login with netplwiz. thanks UPDATE found the answer in netplwiz just had...
  10. Cannot Change Default Playback Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Change Default Playback Device: I did a fresh install of windows 10 pro from windows 7 and I'm already starting to hate myself. I open the playback devices tab under sound and click on my Siberia v2 illuminated headset and click set as default device and it does nothing. I can't disable my speakers or...