Windows 10: different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds

Discus and support different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, So I found out you can set up different desktops on my laptop. I have 3, (one for school, one for other productivity stuff and one for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GHuff96, Jul 9, 2019.

1. GHuff96 Win User

different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds

Hi guys,

So I found out you can set up different desktops on my laptop.

I have 3, (one for school, one for other productivity stuff and one for fun/entertainment)

Can I set up 3 different wallpapers for each desktop background?

I tried using settings and "change my desktop background" but that changes all 3 instead of just the one I'm currently on.

Any suggestions?

Thank You

:)

GHuff96, Jul 9, 2019

2. Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Different wallpapers for different desktops

I was wondering, is it possible to have different wallpapers for different desktops? It'd be cool to have different desktops for school work and for fun... Please let me know if it is possible!

Suraj Krishnamurthey, Jul 9, 2019
  4. different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds

Lost ability to set different Desktop background on each screen after Windows update

Hi Lioo,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How the extended display is connected to the system?
    • Do you get the option to select wallpaper for particular desktop screen?
    Let's try simple steps and check if this helps. follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R, type control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper
      and press Enter.
    • Now right click on the picture and try setting up the Wallpaper for particular desktop background.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds

1. different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds - Similar Threads - different Desktop wallpaper

2. multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/multiple-desktops-in-windows-36f52e38-5b4a-557b-2ff9-e1a60c976434#articleFooterSupportBridge=communityBridgeGives the option to use different backgrounds on the different backgrounds. I use this to tell them appart. I use one to...
  3. multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/multiple-desktops-in-windows-36f52e38-5b4a-557b-2ff9-e1a60c976434#articleFooterSupportBridge=communityBridgeGives the option to use different backgrounds on the different backgrounds. I use this to tell them appart. I use one to...
  4. Unable to set different backgrounds for different desktop screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set different backgrounds for different desktop screens: Hello, I would like to set different backgrounds for my various desktop screens so that I will be able to recognise the tabs easier. I have tried the instructions given to change the background via right-click > choose background on the different desktop tabs. However, it...
  5. Unable to set different backgrounds for different desktop screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to set different backgrounds for different desktop screens: Hello, I would like to set different backgrounds for my various desktop screens so that I will be able to recognise the tabs easier. I have tried the instructions given to change the background via right-click > choose background on the different desktop tabs. However, it...
  6. How to set different wallpaper on different desktops on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to set different wallpaper on different desktops on Windows 11: [IMG]Windows 11 has been announced with many new features, such as Snap Layout, redesigned widgets, new Startup sound, etc. If you often use the Desktop option, you would be glad to know that now you can set different wallpaper on different desktops on Windows 11. Meaning, if...
  7. Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper: Hi, Since the latest feature release update in July 2019, I get unexpected behaviour when running Remote Desktop to connect from one Windows 10 Pro PC to another on my local network. The desktop wall paper on the remote machine can be replaced by the wallpaper image on the...
  8. Background wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background wallpaper: In Windows 7 you could set a sideshow as a Main Folder and it would pick up all subsidiary folders also, so that the random shots would trawl through all folders. In Windows 10 it seems you can only nominate 1 folder. Is there a way around that? Thx...
  9. wallpaper/backgrounds

wallpaper/backgrounds: My win 10 home edition will not let me change my wallpaper anymore since the Oct. update. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet and none of them work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaperbackgrounds/af486ca3-6b31-4d3e-a8d0-68eab56808ef
  10. Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background

Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background: I just reset my wallpaper and now it appears in the background of my Start page. I want my Start background to remain solid, as it was before I added the new wallpaper. 98363

Users found this page by searching for:

1. different names and backgrounds for desktops 2019