Windows 10: Different Desktops with Icons possible?

Discus and support Different Desktops with Icons possible? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Are Desktops with different Program Icons possible, ie Desktop 1 and Desktop 2 with different Program Icons.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisGrove4, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Different Desktops with Icons possible?

Are Desktops with different Program Icons possible, ie Desktop 1 and Desktop 2 with different Program Icons.

:)

ChrisGrove4, Oct 11, 2020
  2. AynRand86 Win User

Is it possible to have different icon layouts in different virtual desktops?

Original title: Virtual Desktop and Icon Lapyouts

Is it possible to have different icon layouts in different virtual desktops?

If not any software which manages that with min usage of resources?

AynRand86, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Different Desktops with Icons possible?

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Different Desktops with Icons possible?

1. Different Desktops with Icons possible? - Similar Threads - Different Desktops Icons

2. Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?: I have one desktop that I use for games and heavier programs like fusion 360 as well as a laptop used for tuning my car and school. They both are signed into the same windows account and would like them to have different desktops. When I make a change on my laptop like...
  3. Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?: I have one desktop that I use for games and heavier programs like fusion 360 as well as a laptop used for tuning my car and school. They both are signed into the same windows account and would like them to have different desktops. When I make a change on my laptop like...
  4. Is it possible to have different desktops on different computers?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  6. Different icons on Different desktops

Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  7. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  8. Different icons on Different desktops

Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  9. Multiple desktops, different icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple desktops, different icons: Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work. 159223
  10. Different shortcut icons on different desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different shortcut icons on different desktops: Is it possible to place different sets of icons on different desktop ? For example, having desktop 1 empty, desktop 2 full of files, desktop 3 with shortcuts to programmes/games, etc. Also is there a way to have a different wallpaper on each desktop, to tell them apart...