Windows 10: Different devices plugged into random usb ports?

Discus and support Different devices plugged into random usb ports? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; if I plug "device A" into "USB 1", and plug "device B" into "USB 2", then disconnect both devices and plug "device B" into "USB 1" there will be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by p5200, Jan 28, 2021.

1. p5200 Win User

Different devices plugged into random usb ports?

if I plug "device A" into "USB 1", and plug "device B" into "USB 2", then disconnect both devices and plug "device B" into "USB 1" there will be a device-driver conflict? Thanks! *Smile

:)

p5200, Jan 28, 2021

2. Moving device to different USB port = NIGHTMARE!

Hi all,

Is anyone else having this problem? I have 6 USB 2.0 ports and a 4x Hub plugged into one of them, and if more any device from one USB port to another, Windows thinks I'm plugging in a new device, and needs to go through the whole process of installing both the drivers and the software (in correct order yada yada) EACH time this is done.

I have 4 cables plugged into the 4 main USB ports, and everytime I unplug them all to open the case, I never know which ones went in which one so I whack them all back in, boot up, and have to go through settings them all up again! Its a NIGHTMARE! *Mad Different devices plugged into random usb ports? :mad:

Examples so far that needed reinstalling when switched USB ports:
    Vimicro Webcam - cannot just choose drivers again, need to reinstall off cd (even though cd recognises drivers are already installed - windows doesn't!!)
    Logitech MX700 mouse - movement of mouse is automatically enabled, but MouseWare software needs to be reinstalled
    Belkin USB 802.11g adapter - Complete and total nightmare, needs fully uninstalling and manually uninstall service before reinstall

The list goes on... I thought USB was plug and play!! Not only is it not plug and play (you need to install drivers/software, then plug in, then install drivers again!), but you can't even swap ports, they are considered by windows to be totally seperate and unconnected devices.

Any opinions/workarounds/advice/flame?

Pinksteady, Jan 28, 2021
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Different devices plugged into random usb ports? [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jan 28, 2021
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD driver_corrupted_expool plugging in USB device

Hi Wendelly,

As you say it is from your USB ports, but I have 2 questions regarding this.

1. Does a BSOD occur with every (should working) device you're trying to connect via USB?
    2. Does a BSOD occur when a device is connected on different USB ports?

Thema:

1. Different devices plugged into random usb ports? - Similar Threads - Different devices plugged

2. Windows11 Device Manager does not respond to ANT+ USB-m device plugged into USB ports.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11 Device Manager does not respond to ANT+ USB-m device plugged into USB ports.: I have a Levono X64 system laptop running Windows 11. I have a GARMIN USB-m stick which works in my partners laptop also running Windows 11 and also works in my old laptop running Windows 10.When I plug the USB-m stick into either of the 2 available USB-3 slots, the device...
  3. Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port: Windows cannot recognize any device being plugged into the USB port. Doesn't make any difference if it 2.0 or 3.0. I went into device manager and uninstalled Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller-1.10Microsoft, USB Composite Device, USB Root Hub 3.0 rebooted drivers...
  4. Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port

Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port: Windows cannot recognize any device being plugged into the USB port. Doesn't make any difference if it 2.0 or 3.0. I went into device manager and uninstalled Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller-1.10Microsoft, USB Composite Device, USB Root Hub 3.0 rebooted drivers...
  5. USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in: I recently updated my computer and ever since then, any USB device no longer works with my laptop. It isn't the port as I'm still able to charge through USB-C and it isn't the devices as they work on other laptops. I've tried uninstalling USB Serial Bus Controllers, changing...
  6. USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in: I recently updated my computer and ever since then, any USB device no longer works with my laptop. It isn't the port as I'm still able to charge through USB-C and it isn't the devices as they work on other laptops. I've tried uninstalling USB Serial Bus Controllers, changing...
  7. USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. USB devices doesn't work when the devices are plugged in to different ports

USB devices doesn't work when the devices are plugged in to different ports: So my friend has a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10, and he has a strange issue. He has 2 USB ports, both 3.0, and the situation is like this: PORT 1: Mouse and Keyboard work in this port only. Don't work on PORT 2. PORT 2: Scanner and Wacom tablet work in this port. Don't...
  9. (Windows 10) USB device not recognized loop ... yet the only devices plugged into USB ports...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    (Windows 10) USB device not recognized loop ... yet the only devices plugged into USB ports...: I have Windows 10 installed on a desktop computer. Everything has been working fine for years. But for the last several days my computer has incessantly been looping the "USB device not recognized" error, making the (now annoying) sound effects every couple of seconds. The...
  10. Plug into different USB port after shutdown?

Plug into different USB port after shutdown?: If I unplug all the USB connections to modify the computer (insert/remove pci card, etc) and replug the USB connections back into different locations, they do not work....at least not immediately. I have to reboot a few times, disconnect them, reboot, etc. and eventually they...