Windows 10: Different Display Size for Different Programs

Discus and support Different Display Size for Different Programs in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; OK, since I started using my SP4 with Win 10, I've noticed a number of things - particularly Java-based (but not all Java based)- appear at about half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rjbinney, Sep 5, 2016.

1. rjbinney Win User

Different Display Size for Different Programs

OK, since I started using my SP4 with Win 10, I've noticed a number of things - particularly Java-based (but not all Java based)- appear at about half the size I'd like them to, and can't be adjusted.

Now here's a new one.

I have one piece of software that now appears DOUBLE its normal size. (That is, the fonts are at 200%, the buttons are twice as far apart as they should be, etc.). All other software is running as it used to.

Windows updated since the last time I used it, don't know if there's a connection.

If I go to Display Settings, I can only adjust EVERYTHING at once, not program-by-program. Is there a way to do this? FIx this? I am certain I'm not describing this well...

:)

rjbinney, Sep 5, 2016
  2. Jessen P Win User

Display changes to different size after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Georgiana,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

The issue could have happened due to some display driver issues with Windows 10.

Uninstall and reinstall the Display Driver
    and check. Refer to the following steps to uninstall Display Driver from the Device Manager

a. Press
    Windows key and X key together.

b. Select “Device Manager”.

c. Locate and expand “Display adapter

d. Right-click on the “Display Device" and click on “uninstall”.

e. Restart the computer and check.

If the issue still persists, download and install latest display adapter driver by downloading from the manufacturer’s website and check.

Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Jessen P, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Display changes to different size after upgrade to Windows 10

Original title: windows 10 problem

I purchased my computer (laptop) and it had 8-1. I used it for a wile and then upgraded to Windows 10 which was included with my purchase. It was working fine for a few days and then every time I turned my computer on, it goes crazy. The display is a
    different size or the keyboard doesn't work right (some letters will not type) and I can't change anything back or fix the problems with Windows 10. I have only had HP computers for many years and this is the worse experience I have ever had. I do not know
    if the programming is bad or if it is this equiment is bad, Can you help me, plase?

Georgiana Pterson

GeorgianaPeterson, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

Different Display Size for Different Programs

1. Different Display Size for Different Programs - Similar Threads - Different Display Size

2. Display borders for different sized displays.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display borders for different sized displays.: I noticed something yesterday after I updated where the boundaries on my displays changed. I have a 15" laptop and a 27" display connected by HDMI, and they aren't level with each other, and I have them arranged in the layout as best I can.Previously, If I moved my mouse to...
  3. Display borders for different sized displays.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display borders for different sized displays.: I noticed something yesterday after I updated where the boundaries on my displays changed. I have a 15" laptop and a 27" display connected by HDMI, and they aren't level with each other, and I have them arranged in the layout as best I can.Previously, If I moved my mouse to...
  4. Vastly Different Display Size shown in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vastly Different Display Size shown in settings: I have a 15in laptop screen that is usually running at 4k and a 32in monitor that is at 1080p. In the display settings, it shows the monitor as a lot smaller since it is only at 1080, and I was wondering if there was a way to make windows think that they are both the same...
  5. Vastly Different Display Size shown in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vastly Different Display Size shown in settings: I have a 15in laptop screen that is usually running at 4k and a 32in monitor that is at 1080p. In the display settings, it shows the monitor as a lot smaller since it is only at 1080, and I was wondering if there was a way to make windows think that they are both the same...
  6. Vastly Different Display Size shown in settings

7. Thumbnail Size Difference

Thumbnail Size Difference: I was wondering why the thumbnail image is bigger than others.. I am new at making my own icons, etc and the only thing I can say is that they are all the same dimensions. They are all kb in size. I'm not sure why it bothers me, but it does. Any ideas to fix it? Some larger...
  8. Font size different

Font size different: Hi,The size of the view menu bar is smaller than that of icons. How can I fix this problem? I mean to make the size of view bar biggerBest regards,Jiao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size-different/2970b447-e0eb-4079-950f-97ce96867ee4
  9. difference in drive size

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    difference in drive size: windows explorer shows 67.1 Gb free for C: drive as below. [img] But dual boot mint shows as below [img] why such a difference? 118561
  10. Dual displays Same size different resolutions

Dual displays Same size different resolutions: I have a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both 27' and when i go to customize display settings they show up as different sizes. which makes things appear weird when going across the two monitors. Windows 10 thinks the 1080 is smaller. So i was hoping there was a...