Windows 10: Different Display Size for Different Programs

Discus and support Different Display Size for Different Programs in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; OK, since I started using my SP4 with Win 10, I've noticed a number of things - particularly Java-based (but not all Java based)- appear at about half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rjbinney, Sep 5, 2016.

1. rjbinney Win User

Different Display Size for Different Programs

OK, since I started using my SP4 with Win 10, I've noticed a number of things - particularly Java-based (but not all Java based)- appear at about half the size I'd like them to, and can't be adjusted.

Now here's a new one.

I have one piece of software that now appears DOUBLE its normal size. (That is, the fonts are at 200%, the buttons are twice as far apart as they should be, etc.). All other software is running as it used to.

Windows updated since the last time I used it, don't know if there's a connection.

If I go to Display Settings, I can only adjust EVERYTHING at once, not program-by-program. Is there a way to do this? FIx this? I am certain I'm not describing this well...

:)

rjbinney, Sep 5, 2016
  2. Jessen P Win User

Display changes to different size after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Georgiana,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

The issue could have happened due to some display driver issues with Windows 10.

Uninstall and reinstall the Display Driver
    and check. Refer to the following steps to uninstall Display Driver from the Device Manager

a. Press
    Windows key and X key together.

b. Select “Device Manager”.

c. Locate and expand “Display adapter

d. Right-click on the “Display Device" and click on “uninstall”.

e. Restart the computer and check.

If the issue still persists, download and install latest display adapter driver by downloading from the manufacturer’s website and check.

Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Jessen P, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Display changes to different size after upgrade to Windows 10

Original title: windows 10 problem

I purchased my computer (laptop) and it had 8-1. I used it for a wile and then upgraded to Windows 10 which was included with my purchase. It was working fine for a few days and then every time I turned my computer on, it goes crazy. The display is a
    different size or the keyboard doesn't work right (some letters will not type) and I can't change anything back or fix the problems with Windows 10. I have only had HP computers for many years and this is the worse experience I have ever had. I do not know
    if the programming is bad or if it is this equiment is bad, Can you help me, plase?

Georgiana Pterson

GeorgianaPeterson, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

Different Display Size for Different Programs

1. Different Display Size for Different Programs - Similar Threads - Different Display Size

2. USB drive displays different file contents on different PCs

in Windows 10 Support
    USB drive displays different file contents on different PCs: Hi I have a weird USD drive issue. The drive is a 1TB Western Digital My Passport drive that I use to move files between two PCs running Windows 10 64 bit version. There is a typical example PC 1 delete existing files, copy some new files to the USB drive, safely eject USB...
  3. similarities and differences program needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    similarities and differences program needed: I need a "similarities and differences" program to to note both, preferably side by side. Such as comparing folders Windows and windows.old Going through 100,000 files by hand is slow going. Any thoughts? Thanks 134246
  4. Maintaining different display configurations for different docks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maintaining different display configurations for different docks: I have a Surface Book 2 which I use at home and at work. In both locations, I connect to a Surface Dock. At home I have a monitor connected to the dock and positioned to the left side of my PC. At work I have a monitor connected to the dock and positioned on the right side...
  5. Is There A Different Display Lid That Is Aluminium?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is There A Different Display Lid That Is Aluminium?: (Since Toshiba doesn't really have any support community, I decided to see if I can get some answers here.) I have a Toshiba Satellite L755-S5214, which was from 2011. I recently took it apart to clean it of any dust and replaced the thermal paste. While I was taking the...
  6. difference in drive size

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    difference in drive size: windows explorer shows 67.1 Gb free for C: drive as below. [img] But dual boot mint shows as below [img] why such a difference? 118561
  7. Dual displays Same size different resolutions

Dual displays Same size different resolutions: I have a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both 27' and when i go to customize display settings they show up as different sizes. which makes things appear weird when going across the two monitors. Windows 10 thinks the 1080 is smaller. So i was hoping there was a...
  8. Difference with Used Size Calculations

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Difference with Used Size Calculations: Hi, I have been doing a little 'house keeping' and I noticed something a little odd. When I look at the properties of my D drive under 'This PC', it shows that the used space is 1.13TB (1,157GB). However, when I open the drive, sellect all items (all folders and files) and...
  9. Use different taskbar locations on different displays

Use different taskbar locations on different displays: When I first upgraded, the taskbar on my first display was located on the left side of the display and the taskbar on my second display was located on the bottom. I liked this. But I wanted to see how I'd like having both on left hand side. I went into taskbar properties....
  10. Different size of recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Different size of recovery drive?: I'm active in SeniorNet. We have helped about 20 persons to upgrade to Windows 10. One peculiar thing we noticed is that different PC´s demand different size for the USB Recvery disk after the uppgrade. We had a range from 4GB to 32GB. A majority used 16GB....