Windows 10: Different File Explorer version?

Discus and support Different File Explorer version? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop's File Explorer changed to what seems to be a different version of the program: [ATTACH] Without turning dark theme on, only ones with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bar-Amir, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Bar-Amir Win User

Different File Explorer version?

My laptop's File Explorer changed to what seems to be a different version of the program:

Different File Explorer version? b52c3d73-00e6-492c-87e2-b6c36872a218?upload=true.png

Without turning dark theme on, only ones with a sharp eye could see how the title bar design is different than the usual one. This version also has issues displaying dark theme, as you can see from the pale address bar. Such quirks in the color scheme makes dark theme unusable.

For reference, here's a screenshot of File Explorer from a different workstation:

Different File Explorer version? 03c173b7-308f-4a1f-b506-5e705dab4600?upload=true.png

Both running version 1809 (OS Build 17763.437) of Windows. The issue occurred on my laptop, the other workstation is stationary.

Any ideas for what triggered this change?

:)

Bar-Amir, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Different File Explorer version? - Similar Threads - Different File Explorer

2. Different panes for different monitors in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different panes for different monitors in File Explorer: I have two monitors, with one oriented landscape and the other portrait. In addition to the Navigation pane, when using File Explorer I like to enable the Details pane on the landscape monitor, but not on the portrait monitor since it takes up too much space. However, when I...
  3. Different panes for different monitors in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different panes for different monitors in File Explorer: I have two monitors, with one oriented landscape and the other portrait. In addition to the Navigation pane, when using File Explorer I like to enable the Details pane on the landscape monitor, but not on the portrait monitor since it takes up too much space. However, when I...
  4. File Explorer shows different Locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer shows different Locations: File Explorer shows Docs, Pictures, Music, Video in the Cloud Onedrive and stored locally as I want it. File Explorer also shows Docs, Pictures, Music, Video folders under 'This PC' but the Docs and Pictures folders are the ones under OneDrive whereas the Music and Video...
  5. How are different versions of files stored in File History?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How are different versions of files stored in File History?: File History is not working to recover files. Since I have several versions of the files backed up, I want to restrict this to only the latest versions so I can free up disk space. Is there a way to remove older backups without File History? File History does nothing. It...
  6. Layout Of Icons In File Explorer Different In Version 2004

Layout Of Icons In File Explorer Different In Version 2004: Hi, I just updated my laptop to Windows 10 Version 2004. I noticed that the layout of icons has been rearranged in the File Explorer as shown below. I would like to check if it is a bug, or it is updated to be arranged in that way on Windows 10 Version 2004?\ Laptop Specs:...
  7. ntoskrnl.exe file version difference with the windows 10 1809 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ntoskrnl.exe file version difference with the windows 10 1809 version: Hi, I have received this error on the my vulnerability check for the Surface. It state that the below nstoskrnl.exe file is not patched. However, after some google. It found that I have updated the latest patch for Win 1909 released few days ago...
  8. file explorer in different language

file explorer in different language: In file explorer the icon of the folder in the upper left is not in English. It is in the language of the other user on the computer. I have redownloaded the English language pack,but it does not change the icon file language. Everything else is in English. How do I fix this?...
  9. Different versions

in Windows 10 Support
    Different versions: Got a Win 10 Home disk off of e-bay. Full version. 64 bit. OEM. Just had a question on the different versions available. Does it matter which version I got? Will it update to the current version when installed? I received ver. 1709. Thanks for the help. 143595
  10. Finding the .PNG files with different pixels in file explorer

Finding the .PNG files with different pixels in file explorer: hello, when you make a .png file filled with white pixels and transparent pixels, save it in a folder and look at the folder in the File Explorer, you get your .png file with black pixels instead of transparent pixels, and that's good. Now if you replace all white pixels...