Windows 10: Different icons on Different desktops

Discus and support Different icons on Different desktops in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ThyabTo, Aug 11, 2022.

1. ThyabTo Win User

Different icons on Different desktops

when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons

:)

ThyabTo, Aug 11, 2022

2. Different icons on Different desktops

Hi all,

Just wondering (as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11) if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.

It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.

It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether for what the desktops are for.

Any one know if this is possible?

Thanks.

FemiTheDon, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Different icons on Different desktops

Different icons on Different desktops ba200165-84bb-4e1c-bd32-969be0ff1ac5?upload=true.png

Hello Greg, thanks for the feedback. I don't think I understand what you mean. When I check C:\Users\Public\Desktop, it appears there's only one desktop, even though I have desktops setup as you can see below.

Different icons on Different desktops dc759a69-4fc4-4097-9f5b-ad34423ef939?upload=true.png

Each desktop i go to has a different background which is great for starters but I wished i could install different apps/icons to show in each of those different desktops. When I go in there now, I see the exact two icons on each page.

I hope this is clearer? What I am wondering is if it was possible to move different icons to each of those different desktops so for example, the Video Production one will only have icons or folders related to Video and the ones for Main wouldn't have anything related to the other ones.

Is this possible in Windows 11? I know it's doable in Linux hence why I am asking.

Thanks.

FemiTheDon, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Different icons on Different desktops

Different Desktops with Icons possible?

Are Desktops with different Program Icons possible, ie Desktop 1 and Desktop 2 with different Program Icons.

ChrisGrove4, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Different icons on Different desktops

1. Different icons on Different desktops - Similar Threads - Different icons Different

2. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  3. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  4. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  5. Desktop icons are different sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons are different sizes: Why would downloaded or made online ico files be different sizes on the desktop. They are all 256px by 256 arent they? I have several folders on the desktop. The icons are for these folders. Thanks all 173606
  6. Different Desktops with Icons possible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Desktops with Icons possible?: Are Desktops with different Program Icons possible, ie Desktop 1 and Desktop 2 with different Program Icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-desktops-with-icons-possible/fd7aeab8-771c-4769-9709-a6b28245a4a4
  7. Multiple desktops, different icons

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Multiple desktops, different icons: Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work. - - - Updated - - - Why was this...
  8. Multiple desktops, different icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple desktops, different icons: Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work. 159223
  9. Different shortcut icons on different desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different shortcut icons on different desktops: Is it possible to place different sets of icons on different desktop ? For example, having desktop 1 empty, desktop 2 full of files, desktop 3 with shortcuts to programmes/games, etc. Also is there a way to have a different wallpaper on each desktop, to tell them apart...
  10. Way to get different desktop icons on different desktops in task view?

in Windows 10 Support
    Way to get different desktop icons on different desktops in task view?: Is it possible when I go to task view and choose a different desktop that I could have certain desktop icons only on one? 57735