Windows 10: Different keyboard types on same Microsoft Account

Discus and support Different keyboard types on same Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My wife is Austrian; I am British. we live in France and use French, English and German every day. Whilst working in Switzerland some years ago we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ron in France, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Different keyboard types on same Microsoft Account

My wife is Austrian; I am British. we live in France and use French, English and German every day. Whilst working in Switzerland some years ago we concluded that the Swiss French keyboard best met our needs for special characters and accents in the different languages we use. Since then, I have always bought a Swiss French keyboard when changing our main home computer. However that's not so easy for laptops and other devices so we have to settle for the French keyboard available as standard when we buy these devices here in France. HOWEVER - whenever I use mw laptop with French keyboard W

:)

Ron in France, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Very slow typing - associated with Microsoft account

Hi Todd,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The issue might be due to an application running in the background. However, this may not be the only reason for the issue.

I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

Method 1: Try Clean Boot.

To disable all non-Microsoft services refer the article called Clean Boot.

Follow: How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Steps for Windows 8.1 are also applicable for Windows 10)

Note:After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Method 2: Update Keyboard Driver Software.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboards drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboards.
    • Right-click on the Keyboard driver
      and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    You can delete your user account and create a new Microsoft Login account, however this may not be relevant in fixing the issue.

You can create a new Administrator User Account by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click onCommand Prompt (Admin).
      Kindly provide the administrative password, if prompt appears.
    • Type net user NewAccount password /add
      and click Enter.
    • Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click Enter.
    • Log off from the system and login to the new user account.
    • If your start menu and other applications work fine then you can transfer all your data to the new account.
    • Remember your new account name is "NewAccount" and it's password is "password" as mentioned in the commands.
    Now, go to the new account and you can delete your previous account from the control panel.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Different keyboard types on same Microsoft Account

While typing on keyboard opens different programs

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• May I know are you pressing Windows key while typing?
    • Which programs are getting opened?
    • Are you aware of any changes prior to this issue?
    • How many language packs are installed on the computer currently? To check navigate to
      Settings >> Time & Language >> Preferred languages

I would also suggest you to connect the keyboard to a different computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with the details to assist you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Different keyboard types on same Microsoft Account

1. Different keyboard types on same Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Different keyboard types

2. The access to same keyboard for different accounts for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The access to same keyboard for different accounts for windows 10: I have a question regarding devices on windows 10 for example is it possible to block acces to a keyboard for one account and have it working on another on the same pc ? If there is can someone link a tutorial for it? thank you...
  3. The access to same keyboard for different accounts for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The access to same keyboard for different accounts for windows 10: I have a question regarding devices on windows 10 for example is it possible to block acces to a keyboard for one account and have it working on another on the same pc ? If there is can someone link a tutorial for it? thank you...
  4. The access to same keyboard for different accounts for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?: Hi,I bought Minecraft on my laptop for my kiddo--required a "Microsoft Account", which I made.When to download the installer, and it forced me to open the "Xbox App". Went to sign in there, and it said "Sign in with Microsoft Account?" I chose "Yes", and it now says that SAME...
  6. Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?

Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?: Hi,I bought Minecraft on my laptop for my kiddo--required a "Microsoft Account", which I made.When to download the installer, and it forced me to open the "Xbox App". Went to sign in there, and it said "Sign in with Microsoft Account?" I chose "Yes", and it now says that SAME...
  7. Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Different email same Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Different email same Microsoft account: I changed my email in my Microsoft account, and now i cant log in to my laptop. Cant find the option to change the user or email in the start screen before singing in. I tried the option of reseting the password in the laptop but it goes back to the old user when i have to...
  9. Different email same Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different email same Microsoft account: I changed my email in my Microsoft account, and now i cant log in to my laptop. Cant find the option to change the user or email in the start screen before singing in. I tried the option of reseting the password in the laptop but it goes back to the old user when i have to...
  10. Different email same Microsoft account