Windows 10: Different languages in the screen settings

Discus and support Different languages in the screen settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hallo all, after ticking various obptions, I get replies/description in both languages: [img] [img] [img] Further troubles with the language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Milada, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Milada Win User

Different languages in the screen settings

Milada, Nov 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 Lock screen Different Language after boot.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the language input changes automatically. We will help you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better I would like to know whether you have chosen multiple language input.

Please follow the steps to check whether the computer is set to multiple inputs.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language and region.
    • Click on language and check whether the computer has multiple languages.

I also suggest you to sync the time zone with internet time zone and check if it helps.

• Click on date and Time from the action bar.
    • Click on Add clocks for different time zone.
    • Click on Internet Time Tab.
    • Change according to your preference.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 5, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Different languages in the screen settings

Unable to set keyboard language as default differently from Windows 10 language

Hello,

You can configure your keyboard language by adding it on the default language set on the system. For instructions, follow these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Open Time & language.
    • Select Region & language.
    • Click on the default language, and click Options.
    • Select Add a keyboard, and select the language that you want to add.

We'll wait for the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Different languages in the screen settings

1. Different languages in the screen settings - Similar Threads - Different languages screen

2. Different languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different languages: Issue: I added a second language. When I try to download the "Basic typing" or "Speech" package, it starts downloading and after 5 sec comes up with error code "0x800F0950"...
  3. Different languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different languages: Issue: I added a second language. When I try to download the "Basic typing" or "Speech" package, it starts downloading and after 5 sec comes up with error code "0x800F0950"...
  4. Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11: I am using 4 different languages on my Windows system. Under Settings/Time & Language/Typing/Advanced Keyboard Settings, in the part called Switching input methods, I have selected the option Let me use a different input method for each app window. But where and how do I then...
  5. Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11

Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11: I am using 4 different languages on my Windows system. Under Settings/Time & Language/Typing/Advanced Keyboard Settings, in the part called Switching input methods, I have selected the option Let me use a different input method for each app window. But where and how do I then...
  6. different windows setting screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    different windows setting screens: [IMG][IMG]So I have two Windows 10 computers. When I go to settings I have two different kinds of screens. One shows my info and last time Windows did and update. The other does not. How do I change it to always show that info at the top? Don...
  7. different windows setting screens

different windows setting screens: So I have two Windows 10 computers. When I go to settings I have two different kinds of screens. One shows my info and last time Windows did and update. The other does not. How do I change it to always show that info at the top? Don[IMG][IMG]...
  8. Windows settings in different language.

Windows settings in different language.: When I changed the Russian language to English there still settings are on Russian. Is there a way to fix it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-in-different-language/78752d18-7f24-4686-91d4-9253623e7658
  9. Different language in different apps

Different language in different apps: Hi, I just bought a computer and I noticed that some apps appear in a different language than the one I had set it up with. I speak 2 languages, spanish and korean, the computer is in spanish and I noticed that the notifications of my mail were in korean and also my...
  10. Search results of settings and control panel are in different language

Search results of settings and control panel are in different language: I'm from Belgium, so my Windows 10 is in Dutch. To try something, I changed the display langugae to English. Everything was English, no problem. But when I changed it back to Dutch, everything changed back to Dutch except the search results of settings and control panel....