Windows 10: different looking search icons on taskbar

Discus and support different looking search icons on taskbar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; the search icon on the taskbar looks different on 3 different systems after windows updates. how can i get them the same again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TwanW, Jan 31, 2023.

1. TwanW Win User

different looking search icons on taskbar

the search icon on the taskbar looks different on 3 different systems after windows updates. how can i get them the same again.

:)

TwanW, Jan 31, 2023
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 31, 2023
  3. Search on Taskbar covers up icons

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please be informed that there is no way to shift the icons on the taskbar to right. It is per the system design. As you do not want to use the search icon, perform the below steps as a work around and check if it helps.

• Right click on the empty area on the taskbar, click on
      Properties.

• Click on Taskbar tab, check the box
      Use small taskbar buttons.

• Select Always combine, hide labels from the
      Taskbar buttons: drop down menu.

• Click on Apply button and click on
      OK button.
    This will help you to certain extent as the search bar will not cover the all icons on the taskbar.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 31, 2023
  4. different looking search icons on taskbar

How Can I Remove or Hide the Network and Volume Icons on Taskbar?

To remove or hide the network and volume icons from the taskbar in Windows 10, you can follow these steps:

1. Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar and select "Taskbar settings" from the context menu.
    2. In the "Taskbar settings" window, scroll down to the "Notification area" section.
    3. Under the "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" heading, you will see a list of icons that are currently displayed on the taskbar. To hide an icon, click on the toggle next to its name to turn it off.
    4. To remove an icon from the taskbar completely, click on the "Turn system icons on or off" link under the "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" heading.
    5. In the "Turn system icons on or off" window, you will see a list of system icons. To remove an icon, click on the toggle next to its name to turn it off.
    6. When you are finished hiding or removing icons, click on the "Apply" button to save your changes. The network and volume icons should now be hidden or removed from the taskbar.
    Note that the steps above may vary depending on your version of Windows and the specific configuration of your computer. If you are unable to find the options described in these steps, you can try searching for "taskbar settings" in the Windows search bar or looking for the relevant settings in the Control Panel.

-Michael C.-, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

different looking search icons on taskbar

1. different looking search icons on taskbar - Similar Threads - different looking search

2. My taskbar looks different than it used to look before.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar looks different than it used to look before.: MY TASKBAR LOOKED TO LOOK LIKE THISAND NOW IT LOOKS LIKE THIS CAN SOMEONE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM??I installed translucent tb from microsoft store and then uninstalled it since then this is happening...
  3. different looking search icons on taskbar

different looking search icons on taskbar: the search icon on the taskbar looks different on 3 different systems after windows updates. how can i get them the same again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-looking-search-icons-on-taskbar/072311ef-fcd9-4acc-a286-931507b26a4d
  4. different looking search icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    different looking search icons on taskbar: the search icon on the taskbar looks different on 3 different systems after windows updates. how can i get them the same again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-looking-search-icons-on-taskbar/072311ef-fcd9-4acc-a286-931507b26a4d
  5. Why does my windows 11 search "icon" look different?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my windows 11 search "icon" look different?: When I updated Windows 11 to a new quality update, my search button looked like this all of a sudden:Please help. Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-windows-11-search-icon-look-different/6652dfc4-1e40-4f1e-af30-eaead09e6c9f
  6. Why does my windows 11 search "icon" look different?

Why does my windows 11 search "icon" look different?: When I updated Windows 11 to a new quality update, my search button looked like this all of a sudden:Please help. Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-windows-11-search-icon-look-different/6652dfc4-1e40-4f1e-af30-eaead09e6c9f
  7. OneDrive icon looks different on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive icon looks different on Taskbar: I am running Windows 10 v1809 and I have not signed in to OneDrive and never will as I keep my backups offline. I noticed that the OneDrive cloud icon on the Taskbar has a line or a slash mark through it. Is this how the OneDrive icon should look like when I am not signed...
  8. Search icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search icon on taskbar: Just had the latest Win 10 update, .After 3 hours of waiting I have now lost the ordinary search icon. I do not use Cortana, I just want the search icon (magnifying glass type) on the tasbar and not the Cortana one. How do I achieve this? Win 10 pro 67308
  9. search icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    search icon on taskbar: I have both desktop and laptop set up on 10. The desktop has "Search the web and Windows" on the task bar. It's not on the laptop. How do I get it. Thanks. 24297
  10. Search icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search icon in taskbar: magnifying glass missing from taskbar How to I get this back Please.Many thanks.*Sad 77118