Windows 10: Different MS account for Windows and Office?

Discus and support Different MS account for Windows and Office? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Can you have windows login using one microsoft account, and office 365 installation activated with a different microsoft account? 182157 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by och, Jul 6, 2021.

1. OCH
    och Win User

Different MS account for Windows and Office?

Can you have windows login using one microsoft account, and office 365 installation activated with a different microsoft account?

:)

2. JackKnapp Win User

Windows 10 Reinstall using different MS Account

I have reinstalled windows a couple different times (Reset, Recovery, and clean install) but every time I cannot activate - the Activation window is blank.

Could it be I am using a different MS Account for the reinstall? Checking my two MS accounts I see that this serial version of windows is now linked to both accounts (but it is NOT activated). Any suggestion on what to do? Do I need to disconnect the
    serial from the old MS account so it can be activated using the new MS account?

Thanks

JackKnapp, Jul 6, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Different MS account for Windows and Office? [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Kari, Jul 6, 2021
  4. trikeyz Win User

Windows account cant access Office 365 Family license

My husband recently renewed his Office 365 and shared the license with me (as he had done previously). Since this renewal, i am unable to use the Office license if i log into windows under the same MS account as i use for Office 365.

• my MS account shows that the license is shared with me.
    • if i log into windows under another (local) account, i can use the Office 365 shared license (I log into office 365 using the MS account)
    • if i log into windows under the MS account, then log into Office 365 under that same MS account, it says i am not licensed to use Office 365.
    After a 3 hour chat session with MS, it was concluded that i will need to log into windows under a different account if i want to use the MS Office license. During that 3-hour session (and before) we uninstalled/reinstalled office, and deleted numerous license
    keys, to no avail. The tech decided that my windows account must be corrupted, and since he was an Office tech (not a Windows tech), he didnt know how that could be fixed, other than to use separate accounts for Windows and Office.

I can live with having 2 different accounts (1 for windows and 1 for office) but this seems like a dumb solution, especially when it used to work fine until this recent renewal.

Any insight welcome.

T

trikeyz, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Different MS account for Windows and Office? - Similar Threads - Different account Office

2. MS Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office: How to upgrade Microsoft word/officde from 2019 to 2021?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office/6c6cf6e5-cd1c-4f47-9c5d-c257520afff1
  3. Windows/MS office Account name change not working

Windows/MS office Account name change not working: Hello. After a factory reset I unfortunately entered a wrong name when setting up windows. Now the wrong name shows up as my account name when I start up windows, and also on every email I sent out. I tried to change the account name in the windows control panel but it...
  4. Windows/MS office Account name change not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows/MS office Account name change not working: Hello. After a factory reset I unfortunately entered a wrong name when setting up windows. Now the wrong name shows up as my account name when I start up windows, and also on every email I sent out. I tried to change the account name in the windows control panel but it...
  5. Problem logging-in to MS Windows using MS accounts which affects MS Edge & MS Office

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem logging-in to MS Windows using MS accounts which affects MS Edge & MS Office: I have tried to login over multiple active networks with different DNS, proxies, and accounts for months, on the safe mode and not, but I cannot get it fixed.Errors include:0x800704cf"You'll need the internet for this.0x800706d9"Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened,...
  6. Problem logging-in to MS Windows using MS accounts which affects MS Edge & MS Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem logging-in to MS Windows using MS accounts which affects MS Edge & MS Office: I have tried multiple active networks with different DNS, proxies, and accounts for months, on the safe mode and not, but I cannot get it fixed.Errors include:0x800704cf"You'll need the internet for this.0x800706d9"Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened, it was probably...
  7. office 365 and or MS accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    office 365 and or MS accounts: I have companies sending me documents linked to a SharePoint box they hold docs in. MS I think claims i have a business and personal account using the same email address. I attempted to log in my account yet am receiving an error message as shown below. I have attempted to...
  8. Microsoft accounts and MS Office

Microsoft accounts and MS Office: I am constantly getting a message to update my security on my Hotmail and Gmail account. I have removed both and added again but this still continues. Also a recently added MS Office 365 stops working and I have to reload! What is going on????...
  9. What is the difference between MS Office and Office in Apps & features in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the difference between MS Office and Office in Apps & features in settings: I was looking through all the apps in Apps & Features and came across Microsift Office 2019 AND Office i.e. [ATTACH] Why is there a separate entry for Office? What is this? Can someone shed some light on this?...
  10. Windows 10 Reinstall using different MS Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reinstall using different MS Account: I have reinstalled windows a couple different times (Reset, Recovery, and clean install) but every time I cannot activate - the Activation window is blank. Could it be I am using a different MS Account for the reinstall? Checking my two MS accounts I see that this serial...