Windows 10: Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

Discus and support Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen? For example: My Microsoft Account Pin and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theoldfarter, Jun 1, 2018.

1. theoldfarter Win User

Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen?

For example:
    My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin at the lock screen, others can just use the Microsoft account Password instead.

What I wish to do is lock my computer and when presented with the lock screen, have the Password for that different than the sign in screen. The only option presented at the first lock screen is either a Pin or Password.

The computer will be doing things in the background while it is locked.

Is it even possible to do what I want?

:)

theoldfarter, Jun 1, 2018
  2. theoldfarter Win User

I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen?

For example:
    My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin at the lock screen, others can just use the Microsoft account Password instead.

What I wish to do is lock my computer and when presented with the lock screen, have the Password for that different than the sign in screen. The only option presented at the first lock screen is either a Pin or Password.

The computer will be doing things in the background while it is locked.

Is it even possible to do what I want?

theoldfarter, Jun 25, 2018
  3. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Jun 25, 2018
  4. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

that does not change the login screen. I want to use Spotlight as my lock screen image but when I type in my password I want a different image (the sign in screen).

dacrone, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen? - Similar Threads - Different Pin Password

2. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen: I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen? For example: My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin...
  3. I Want The Sign-in Lock Screen To Show A Different Picture Each Day

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Want The Sign-in Lock Screen To Show A Different Picture Each Day: When I first installed WinX it showed a different picture each day in the "pre sign in" lock screen, either for a second or two or until I clicked the sign-in spot. Since I am the administrator I don't have to use a password to sign in, and WinX seems to sometimes, but not...
  4. Lock & Sign-in screen

Lock & Sign-in screen: When I turn on my computer, a picture of a lone backpack on a mountain w/a lake is shown (picture 1). When I move my mouse to bring up the screen where I can choose an account, I get the same screen. This also happens when I'm in Windows & lock the screen (which I rarely...
  5. Sign in screen vs lock screen backgrounds

Sign in screen vs lock screen backgrounds: Just had my laptop returned after a repair and done a reset/upgrade. I'm 99.999% sure that last time, when I powered it on the background of the sign in screen was the spotlight one with the changing picture and the little info boxes but now its just this picture...
  6. different lock screen and sign in screen?

different lock screen and sign in screen?: In 1607, the lock screen can be shown on the sign in screen. If disabled, it shows a solid color. Is there a way I can use Spotlight for my lock screen and set the Hero image as my sign in screen background? 63183
  7. Unable to use same lock screen and sign in screen.

Unable to use same lock screen and sign in screen.: I am running windows 10 (If it helps, my computer started out with Win 7) with no previews or builds. I can't find any way to allow me to change the sign-in screen to the same as the lock screen. I know some people have posted pictures of what to switch, but that option isn't...
  8. lock screen password

lock screen password: Hello, I have successfully disabled the request for logon password with netplwiz, but lock screen still requires the password. Is there a way I can disable this as well? I selected "never" not to require it upon the pc waking up, but it doesn't work. Thanks. 34777
  9. Lock Screen/Having to Sign In

Lock Screen/Having to Sign In: I was thrilled when I first got W10 that I was not required to sign back in every time I went to the bathroom or to get a cup of coffee. Then I did a restart and, yup, there was the lock screen and the requirement to sign back in.*Mad This thread is mostly gobbledygook to...
  10. Lock Screen/Sign-in screen problems - screen shows three users

Lock Screen/Sign-in screen problems - screen shows three users: I've been using Windows 10 for just over one year. For some reason the Lock Screen/Sign-in screen shows three users. All three are me in three iterations. I find also that when trying to save some excel and word documents I receive messages saying that i am not allowed to...