Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

Discus and support Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen? For example: My Microsoft Account Pin and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theoldfarter, Jun 1, 2018.

1. theoldfarter Win User

I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen?

For example:
    My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin at the lock screen, others can just use the Microsoft account Password instead.

What I wish to do is lock my computer and when presented with the lock screen, have the Password for that different than the sign in screen. The only option presented at the first lock screen is either a Pin or Password.

The computer will be doing things in the background while it is locked.

Is it even possible to do what I want?

:)

theoldfarter, Jun 1, 2018
Thema:

Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen? - Similar Threads - Different Pin Password

1. password changed on different device

in Windows 10 News
    password changed on different device: [ATTACH] Microsoft recommends users to set up a separate password for their device unless they are logging in using their Microsoft account. However, the leave the choice upon users whether they wish to set the password or not. In the later [...] This post Your password was...
  2. Difference Between Exploit Protection DEP & Performance Options DEP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Difference Between Exploit Protection DEP & Performance Options DEP: When I was playing around with some settings in Windows Defender, I noticed that there is a setting to turn on/turn off DEP in the Exploit Protection settings section. I've had trouble with DEP on Windows 7 so I ran the following command to disable it completely: bcdedit.exe...
  3. Any difference in Thunderbolt vs USB 3.0 external HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any difference in Thunderbolt vs USB 3.0 external HDD?: Hi. I am facing extremely slow read / write speeds with my present USB 3.0 external HDDs (4TB). I am thinking of switching to ones with an optional Thunderbolt connector, like the 2TB Transcend Storejet 300. I was of opinion that it should increase the speed drastically....
  4. Your password was changed on a different device

in Windows 10 News
    Your password was changed on a different device: [ATTACH] Microsoft recommends users to set up a separate password for their device unless they are logging in using their Microsoft account. However, the leave the choice upon users whether they wish to set the password or not. In the later [...] This post Your password was...
  5. Same error, different ocasions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Same error, different ocasions: Hey everyone. So recently I've been getting lots of BSODs at seemingly random intervals. Sometimes I'm playing something, other times I'm watching a video and one time it even crashed when I was editing a text. However, despite the tasks made by the computer being very...
  6. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen: I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen? For example: My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin...
  7. Asks for PIN when adding a different hotmail account to the mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Asks for PIN when adding a different hotmail account to the mail app: I have two outlook/Hotmail accounts. One I log into the PC with (which is pretty crappy by the way and is a huge hassle in Windows 10 IMO). In the mail app, I was able to add the mailbox of the one I use, however I have a second email account through Hotmail that when I try...