Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

Discus and support Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen? For example: My Microsoft Account Pin and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theoldfarter, Jun 1, 2018.

1. theoldfarter Win User

I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen?

For example:
    My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin at the lock screen, others can just use the Microsoft account Password instead.

What I wish to do is lock my computer and when presented with the lock screen, have the Password for that different than the sign in screen. The only option presented at the first lock screen is either a Pin or Password.

The computer will be doing things in the background while it is locked.

Is it even possible to do what I want?

:)

theoldfarter, Jun 1, 2018
  2. theoldfarter Win User

I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen?

For example:
    My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin at the lock screen, others can just use the Microsoft account Password instead.

What I wish to do is lock my computer and when presented with the lock screen, have the Password for that different than the sign in screen. The only option presented at the first lock screen is either a Pin or Password.

The computer will be doing things in the background while it is locked.

Is it even possible to do what I want?

theoldfarter, Jun 25, 2018
  3. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Jun 25, 2018
  4. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

that does not change the login screen. I want to use Spotlight as my lock screen image but when I type in my password I want a different image (the sign in screen).

dacrone, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen? - Similar Threads - Different Pin Password

2. Screen display size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen display size: How do I change the size of my screen display. I have a monitor inside a cabinet but the cabinet isn't wide enough for the screen so most of the icons on the left side are hidden. I need to make the display narrower. Thanks....
  3. screen time issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen time issue: I have created a Microsoft family and my child plays using his own account with a limited screen time. However, Microsoft constantly sends numerous requests for more screen time at night when my child is asleep. I know that PC was powered on but nobody was at the computer....
  4. Win10 update unfinished install for personal settings Aug 2018, hung on black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update unfinished install for personal settings Aug 2018, hung on black screen: An automatic Win10 update downloaded to my laptop in the last couple of days, not sure exactly when, Aug. 12-14/18? It installed upon shutdown. When I next booted up, the installation proceeded, then when I logged in (to MS option) it showed a small box, Updating personal...
  5. Blue Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen: So my computer works and then shuts off to blue screen. It has had multiple codes and they are as follows: IRQL_not_less_or_equal Kmode Bad Pool Header System Thread Exception not Handled I think my hard drive is failing but can anyone give me advice. If I need a new...
  6. Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps: So I just got a new laptop (MSI GE73 8RF) and noticed that the webcam doesn't seem to show any image in apps, only shows a black screen. The weird thing is it works perfectly fine on sites like www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ but not on any of the Windows apps. Skype also...
  7. make text appear darker on the screen

make text appear darker on the screen: I have windows 10 and the letters are mostly light. Some letters are darker than other but really hard to read. I have hunted and hunted to find where I can make the text more bold. This ole grannie really needs help. Thank you DeLories...
  8. PIN NUMBERS

PIN NUMBERS: Please advise me how to disable my PIN number so I can enter my computer without it. I use Windows 10. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/pin-numbers/898053ad-1947-4f52-9312-13bb5b23cbfe
  9. PC screen stutters when using mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC screen stutters when using mouse and keyboard: When I type with the keyboard or move the mouse the screens stutters for about 0.2 seconds and then does it again after 2 or 3 seconds if I continue to use them. I have tried troubleshooting, scanning for viruses, uninstalling drivers, different mouse and keyboard and...
  10. computer hangs or locks up

in Windows 10 Support
    computer hangs or locks up: evry since the 1803 my computer hangs or freezes I can move mouse and right click but I can't left click or contro alt delete doesn't help I have to manual hold power button shut down. I tried turning off the hardware accerlation on both firfox and edge but didn't help can...