Windows 10: Different Product Keys

Discus and support Different Product Keys in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am trying to determine the product key for system incase I need to reinstall windows. I have a windows 10 install along with a product key I used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by IkennaOkafor, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Different Product Keys

I am trying to determine the product key for system incase I need to reinstall windows. I have a windows 10 install along with a product key I used to activate windows. However when I run this command in powershell "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" I get a different product key. Which of these keys is the correct product keys is the correct key I should record?

:)

IkennaOkafor, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Porthos Win User

Different Product Keys?

Have an Acer with a COA showing the product key for Windows 7.
    Use this one for activation.
    Ran Belarc Advisor, and it shows a different Product key for Windows 7.
    All Acer's with 7 home have that same factory key.

Porthos, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Different Product Keys?

Would appreciate your help. Different Product Keys :)

Have an Acer with a COA showing the product key for Windows 7.
    Ran Belarc Advisor, and it shows a different Product key for Windows 7.

Any clues as to why he PKs do not match?

Also, planning to install Windows 10 Home, and wondering which of these Product IDs it will affect when it digitally signs the install.

Thank you!

cottonball, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Different Product Keys

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Different Product Keys

1. Different Product Keys - Similar Threads - Different Product Keys

2. Product key being used by different device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key being used by different device: I built a new pc about a week ago, installed a fresh version of windows purchased through a retailer, all of the sudden I’m getting the activate windows watermark and once I try to troubleshoot it says I cannot activate because my product key is already being used? I bought...
  3. Use product key with a different account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Use product key with a different account: Hello,I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer and was wondering if I could take this chance to change which Microsoft account is associated to my product key. It is currently linked to an old Hotmail account that I don't really use anymore, and would like to use my...
  4. Use product key with a different account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use product key with a different account: Hello,I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer and was wondering if I could take this chance to change which Microsoft account is associated to my product key. It is currently linked to an old Hotmail account that I don't really use anymore, and would like to use my...
  5. Use product key with a different account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Different Product Keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different Product Keys: So I was going to reinstall windows, and decided to get my product key. I got this pc from someone with w10 pro already installed. I go to cmd, and type the text that displays the key, and I get a key. Just to make sure, I do the notepad.vbs script and I get a different key....
  7. Same Product IDs, Different Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Same Product IDs, Different Keys: Hello, We have two Lenovo P330 Windows 10 Pro boxes with embedded keys. After setting up one of the units, we decided to clone it to the other new PC. The activation worked without issues, and I'm seeing the proper keys, but the product IDs are matching. This is causing...
  8. different product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    different product key: I can not activate windows 10. 0x8007007B error in my display. please give me different product key. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-product-key/706a4405-de9e-4c92-9312-875c8ed0a859
  9. Different Product Keys?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Different Product Keys?: Would appreciate your help. *Smile Have an Acer with a COA showing the product key for Windows 7. Ran Belarc Advisor, and it shows a different Product key for Windows 7. Any clues as to why he PKs do not match? Also, planning to install Windows 10 Home, and...
  10. Windows product key on label differs to retrievd key

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows product key on label differs to retrievd key: UPDATE found my own answer... apparently the key on the label is the OEM key the manufacturer is obliged to give with an OEM product. the ' embedded' key found with magicaljellybean is the volume licensing key that the manufacturer uses to bulk activate multiple PC's...