Windows 10: Different Product Keys?

Discus and support Different Product Keys? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Would appreciate your help. *Smile Have an Acer with a COA showing the product key for Windows 7. Ran Belarc Advisor, and it shows a different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cottonball, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Different Product Keys?

Would appreciate your help. *Smile

Have an Acer with a COA showing the product key for Windows 7.
    Ran Belarc Advisor, and it shows a different Product key for Windows 7.

Any clues as to why he PKs do not match?

Also, planning to install Windows 10 Home, and wondering which of these Product IDs it will affect when it digitally signs the install.

Thank you!

:)

cottonball, Sep 14, 2016
  2. symbianer Win User

E72 product code difference

i am using nokia e72 but its confusing me. when i checked device manager its shows model E72-2 & type RM-529. But when i checked it under battery section its different than device manager info which are

nokia E72-1

RM-530

product code- 0586209

i checked this product code and it is of RM-530 but firmware shows RM-529. i have updated my fone to latest firmware 71.4 but it changed its basic configuration. i want to restore the factory configurations i.e. product type and product code written under
    battery. please tell me how can i do that???? waiting for your precious replies.

symbianer, Sep 14, 2016
  3. symbianer Win User
    E72 product code difference

plz anyone tell can i install firmware of RM-530 on my e72??????? its hardware is of RM-530 but firmware is of RM-529. i want to install firmware of RM-530 on it but dont know how???????? plz let me know guys

symbianer, Sep 14, 2016
  4. Porthos Win User

Different Product Keys?

Have an Acer with a COA showing the product key for Windows 7.
    Use this one for activation.
    Ran Belarc Advisor, and it shows a different Product key for Windows 7.
    All Acer's with 7 home have that same factory key.

Porthos, Sep 14, 2016
  5. Thanks for your help, Porthos!

So, if it is upgraded to Windows 10 Home, which of these Product IDs will it affect when it digitally signs the install?

Or, is this a stupid question? *Redface

cottonball, Sep 14, 2016
  6. Porthos Win User
    It wont matter any way. The original Win 7 key or activation does not get cancelled you can always go back. But you cant use the Win 7 at the same time on the same machine or use that OEM key on any other computer.

And no you do not have two licenses on that computer for win 7.

Porthos, Sep 14, 2016
  7. The key on the sticker is an OEM-COA key. The one Belarc found is the OEM-SLP key. Windows 7 factory OEM installs use OEM-SLP (System Locked Preinstallation) activation from the factory. And each manufacturer has its own set of keys to use. That OEM-SLP key will be common to all Acer's with that version of Windows installed. They only work with the custom OEM install media. The OEM-COA key on the sticker, is a backup key that you can use with stock install media. It's a unique key only issued to that device.

If your upgrading from the current install, the OEM-SLP key is the one currently in use. I don't think it looks at the key anyway, when upgrading. It just checks to see if your system is legally activated. If your doing a clean install, and going to enter the key manually, OEM-SLP keys are blocked. You have to use the OEM-COA key from the sticker. Once that PC is upgraded and issued a Digital License it will get a new generic Windows 10 key. All Pro installs get the same key ending in 3V66T.

You do know the free upgrade offer has expired right? Doing an upgrade now could leave you with an un-activated Windows 10 install? There is no guarantee you'll be issued a Digital License. If you end up in that situation, you can do a roll back to your original OS. Just do it in the first 30 days. After 30 days an auto disk cleanup may make it impossible to do the roll back. Then you would have to reinstall Windows 7 manually.

alphanumeric, Sep 15, 2016
  8. lx07 Win User

Different Product Keys?

It still seems to be working I think (although no guarantees of course). It worked last week anyway.

9. Unofficially, it was still working after the 29th. Microsoft wouldn't say why, but it was still giving out new DL as per the free upgrade offer. At some point I expect the free ride to end though. Just giving the OP a heads up, just in case he does the upgrade now and wonders why it won't activate. And so they know their options if that happens. I suspected it was still working, but haven't tested it myself lately. Thanks for the heads up that it was still working last week.

alphanumeric, Sep 15, 2016
  10. Thanks, alphanumeric and lx07.

Very useful information!

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Different Product Keys?

1. Different Product Keys? - Similar Threads - Different Product Keys

2. Product key being used by different device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key being used by different device: I built a new pc about a week ago, installed a fresh version of windows purchased through a retailer, all of the sudden I’m getting the activate windows watermark and once I try to troubleshoot it says I cannot activate because my product key is already being used? I bought...
  3. Use product key with a different account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Use product key with a different account: Hello,I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer and was wondering if I could take this chance to change which Microsoft account is associated to my product key. It is currently linked to an old Hotmail account that I don't really use anymore, and would like to use my...
  4. Use product key with a different account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use product key with a different account: Hello,I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer and was wondering if I could take this chance to change which Microsoft account is associated to my product key. It is currently linked to an old Hotmail account that I don't really use anymore, and would like to use my...
  5. Use product key with a different account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Different Product Keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different Product Keys: So I was going to reinstall windows, and decided to get my product key. I got this pc from someone with w10 pro already installed. I go to cmd, and type the text that displays the key, and I get a key. Just to make sure, I do the notepad.vbs script and I get a different key....
  7. Same Product IDs, Different Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Same Product IDs, Different Keys: Hello, We have two Lenovo P330 Windows 10 Pro boxes with embedded keys. After setting up one of the units, we decided to clone it to the other new PC. The activation worked without issues, and I'm seeing the proper keys, but the product IDs are matching. This is causing...
  8. different product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    different product key: I can not activate windows 10. 0x8007007B error in my display. please give me different product key. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-product-key/706a4405-de9e-4c92-9312-875c8ed0a859
  9. Different Product Keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Different Product Keys: I am trying to determine the product key for system incase I need to reinstall windows. I have a windows 10 install along with a product key I used to activate windows. However when I run this command in powershell "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get...
  10. Windows product key on label differs to retrievd key

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows product key on label differs to retrievd key: UPDATE found my own answer... apparently the key on the label is the OEM key the manufacturer is obliged to give with an OEM product. the ' embedded' key found with magicaljellybean is the volume licensing key that the manufacturer uses to bulk activate multiple PC's...