Windows 10: Different RAM usage Values on Windows 10 on the task managerwhy?

Discus and support Different RAM usage Values on Windows 10 on the task managerwhy? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cs11111, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Cs11111 Win User

Different RAM usage Values on Windows 10 on the task managerwhy?

I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to Fix it.

So basically, why do I see 5.4GB used on the performance tab and approximately 1.7 GB on the Users tab?

Performance Tab

Different RAM usage Values on Windows 10 on the task managerwhy? b25c8736-eb09-4e54-9ee6-9ad5be221bab?upload=true.jpg

Users Tab

Different RAM usage Values on Windows 10 on the task managerwhy? cbf2ea89-e6be-421c-ad76-7db56a406990?upload=true.jpg

:)

Cs11111, Jan 22, 2021

2. Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jan 22, 2021
  3. knute97 Win User
    Task Manager RAM Usage

My computer is running 64 bit Windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM.

I have been monitoring my memory usage via Task Manager and occasionally download tasklist via the cmd line.

What has been bothering me is that my RAM usage at reboot starts at 34%, and left alone, increases to ~75-80% without running any programs.
    (I do have start up programs including McAfee, Dropbox, Seagate console, gadgets, etc.)

When I analyze the tasklist download file via Excel, the total RAM memory usage is approximately 3.1 GB at 79%.
    Doing the math, this means there is only 4 GB in use?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Task Manager list all the RAM usage or is there some background usage that is not shown.?

2. Is there any other way to monitor RAM leakage?

knute97, Jan 22, 2021
  4. WiIfred P Win User

RAM usage

Hi Ramon,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about RAM usage.

RAM usage is not just about what are the programs that are currently open. You also have to consider the other programs and services running in the background. Try to launch the task manager and click on the Memory header to sort the list from Highest to Lowest
    based on memory usage. From it, you will find out which app or services are using most of your RAM memory and you can end it from there by right-clicking on it and choose End Task.

I hope the information I provided will help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

Different RAM usage Values on Windows 10 on the task managerwhy? a6834a61-ee3f-4789-b63b-4be06736323a?upload=true.png

WiIfred P, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Different RAM usage Values on Windows 10 on the task managerwhy? - Similar Threads - Different RAM usage

2. Task manager percentage and value is different.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager percentage and value is different.: My task manager is saying that 20% of my RAM is currently being used by Chrome. But when I change the manager visual for memory to value. It only shows around 750 MB. this isn't only chrome, it's all apps. I have 8 GB of RAM, and I'm pretty sure 750 MB is NOT 20% of 8 GB....
  3. Task manager percentage and value is different.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager percentage and value is different.: My task manager is saying that 20% of my RAM is currently being used by Chrome. But when I change the manager visual for memory to value. It only shows around 750 MB. this isn't only chrome, it's all apps. I have 8 GB of RAM, and I'm pretty sure 750 MB is NOT 20% of 8 GB....
  4. In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage: I'm using a brand new Dell G15 5520 with 16 GB of RAM and the overall uasage seems a bit high, plus the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage. The RAM percentages seems to be relative to 8GB of RAM, when in fact I have 16 I checked it at Settings -> System...
  5. In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage

In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage: I'm using a brand new Dell G15 5520 with 16 GB of RAM and the overall uasage seems a bit high, plus the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage. The RAM percentages seems to be relative to 8GB of RAM, when in fact I have 16 I checked it at Settings -> System...
  6. In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage

8. Can I lower the value of RAM usage by these background windows apps in Task Manager? It's...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I lower the value of RAM usage by these background windows apps in Task Manager? It's...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UpgradeTheChick [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htyfxq/can_i_lower_the_value_of_ram_usage_by_these/
  9. Task Manager percent RAM usage doesn't correspond with value RAM usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager percent RAM usage doesn't correspond with value RAM usage: Hi I've been having some problems with task manager showing a very high RAM usage even when there isn't any app running. https://imgur.com/a/9cnqJHy You can clearly see that 491MBs of RAM used by firefox shouldn't be 25.2% out of 8GB of RAM. My computer has also been a...
  10. Windows 10 - Difference Between Disk Usage Values in Drive Properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Difference Between Disk Usage Values in Drive Properties: My son asked me about the difference between the hard disk usage values in the drive properties. I did not have a good answer for this, so I thought I would ask. I always assumed it had something to do with the 1024 byte allocation calculation, however I am not sure, and I...