Windows 10: Different regional keyboard settings

Discus and support Different regional keyboard settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,I have Windows 10 10 Pro Edition, version 20H2, OS build 19042.985, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0By default I have UK regional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TechSawi, May 18, 2021.

1. TechSawi Win User

Different regional keyboard settings

Hello,I have Windows 10 10 Pro Edition, version 20H2, OS build 19042.985, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0By default I have UK regional settings enabled. After enabling BitLocker I realised that during start up default keyboard settings are US, not UK. So basically I have to remember which key is which, e.g.: double quotes " is actually @, meaning I have to enter password in plain text which obviously is not secure especially if I have to use laptop in public place.Could someone please help how to enable / set default keyb

:)

TechSawi, May 18, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 18, 2021
  3. Unable to set keyboard language as default differently from Windows 10 language

Hello,

You can configure your keyboard language by adding it on the default language set on the system. For instructions, follow these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Open Time & language.
    • Select Region & language.
    • Click on the default language, and click Options.
    • Select Add a keyboard, and select the language that you want to add.

We'll wait for the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, May 18, 2021
  4. Different regional keyboard settings

£ - Regional settings

The currency symbol textbox in regional settings is editable. Tap to select the default currency symbol and tap backspace on the soft keyboard. On the soft keyboard, tap áü and tap £. It will appear in the currency symbol textbox. then press enter. Close
    Regional settings. The £ will now be available in the currency list. For example, if you want to format cells in Excel mobile to use the £ currency.

Linley Meslier, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Different regional keyboard settings

1. Different regional keyboard settings - Similar Threads - Different regional keyboard

2. Payment Currency Offered is different from the region of my Account setting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Payment Currency Offered is different from the region of my Account setting: I want to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to 10 Pro.I have my Windows 10 installed in Korean language, but my microsoft account region is set as United States.So I want to pay with the US Price of $99 , but the windows is only offering me to pay with KRW 165,000 including VAT...
  3. Payment Currency Offered is different from the region of my Account setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Payment Currency Offered is different from the region of my Account setting: I want to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to 10 Pro.I have my Windows 10 installed in Korean language, but my microsoft account region is set as United States.So I want to pay with the US Price of $99 , but the windows is only offering me to pay with KRW 165,000 including VAT...
  4. Payment Currency Offered is different from the region of my Account setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. removing region keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing region keyboard layout: i want my region and almost everything to be uk but i dont want uk keyboard layout because i only use US and thai keyboard layout but when i remove uk keyboard layout it say something like "this is regional language and if you remove it we will change your region" but i want...
  6. removing region keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    removing region keyboard layout: i want my region and almost everything to be uk but i dont want uk keyboard layout because i only use US and thai keyboard layout but when i remove uk keyboard layout it say something like "this is regional language and if you remove it we will change your region" but i want...
  7. Region settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Region settings: Dear All, I have a problem with region setting. I need to customize date format for two different languages. I would like that both english US and spanish Spain short date formats are dd-MMM-yyyy. I change english without problem, then I switch to spanish and change it...
  8. Region settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Region settings: Has the 2004 edition of win 10 pro have different Region setting to the 1909 win 10 edition because I have a program that keeps asking to adjust the reign settings to allow it to work . After changing all different settings i still get the fault. The program...
  9. Region setting date format: can it use different locale/language?

Region setting date format: can it use different locale/language?: Hi, The region setting starts with a format, e.g. English United States. In additional setting -> Date, we can set the format string for the date. For example, dddd,MMMM d, yyyy Is it possible to force a different language for date? Thanks...
  10. Keyboard or regional location settings

Keyboard or regional location settings: My at symbol '@' and my ' " ' symbols have changed places and i am unable to find the settings to change them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-or-regional-location-settings/2600e103-00ae-4831-bea3-cb899e8fc08a