Windows 10: Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest

Discus and support Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Suddenly, after relatively close agreement, I am getting wildly different results from the Windows Network Speedtest and the Ookla Speedtest (both app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ninebarks1, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest

Suddenly, after relatively close agreement, I am getting wildly different results from the Windows Network Speedtest and the Ookla Speedtest (both app and browser version). Windows gives download speeds between 12.5 and 14.0 Mbps while Ookla gives results in excess of 450 Mbps. I have a new Dell Precision 3630 with a brand new version of Windows 10/64 Plus.

The Precision has two Ethernet ports. Sometimes I have them both connect to the Internet (cat 6 cabling) and sometimes I have one of the directly connected to older Precision with a crossover cable (although I have yet to get that working but more about that later). It makes no difference to the download speeds which way I have it configured. I believe the difference occurred only after I started using the second port. Security is Norton and Malwarebytes.

:)

Ninebarks1, Jul 16, 2019

2. Speedtest and OOKLA shows different speed results of Internet connection

Original title: Speedtest results

I'm in the boondocks with a broadband connection. The PC is windows 10. With Microsofts speedtest I show 3.3MBPS, while OOKLA shows .49MBPS. Whats up with that?

MikeMosier, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Help with OOKLA Speedtest App for windows Ten

Hello Microsoft Answer users

i have just installed the OOKLA Speedtest app for windows Ten and i did the first test then i wanted to choose a different Server but the Server List is empty. WHY?? i have reset the App Data i have uninstalled and reinstaleld the app but same problem

deanpepler, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest

Network Speed Test results significantly different from Okla SpeedTest

Running the Network Speed Test app on a Win 10 computer I consistently get results significantly different than the de facto tool Speedtest from Okla.

eg.

App
    Download (Mbps)
    Upload (Mbps)

MS Speedtest

Okla Speedtest

They both measure in Mega bits per second Mbps.

Any idea why the results are so different?

BernieMacNeil, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest

1. Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest - Similar Threads - Different results Network

2. Speedtest slows down my entire pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speedtest slows down my entire pc: when i run speedtest through the browser and the app,my entire pc slow down and my mouse pointer moves very slowand when i run speedtest while running any other app that has sound ,the sound glitches/stutters .why?my pc specs:i7 4600Ugpu :nvidia gefore GT 720m8gb ram500gb hdd...
  3. Is Windows 10 slowing my Speedtest dow?.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is Windows 10 slowing my Speedtest dow?.: Hi, When I run a speedtest by OOKLA on my computer its a low reading, but when i run the same test on my iphone i get the maximum that my ISP provides, is there something slowing it down on my PC? I'm running Win 10 with Vir**nme**a my ISP...
  4. Speedtest issues on Windows 10

Speedtest issues on Windows 10: Looking for an answer to this.. I have 2 laptops on the same connection 100/100. One is Windows 7 the other Windows 10. The Windows 7 laptop sits next to the 10 laptop which gets 90/90 up and down. The 10 laptop only gets 10 down and 40 up ish. I can sus this out....
  5. Speedtest by Ookla for Windows install failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speedtest by Ookla for Windows install failure: I tried installing Speedtest for Windows on a friend's computer running Win 10. It seemed to install OK, but had only a black background when it opened. Nothing on it at all. I've searched, but can't find any mention of a similar problem. Anybody else experienced this? I've...
  6. Speedtest Ap connection failure

Speedtest Ap connection failure: After downloading the Speedtest App from Microsoft today, it fails to connect to the Internet each time I try to run it. What am I missing? (Microsoft Edge running under Windows 10.) Carter...
  7. Speedtest app by ookla

Speedtest app by ookla: I don't suppose many use it other than in browser mode but is anyone having trouble updating the speedtest app from the store? All other apps updating ok but this app is producing an error code when trying to initiate download. I think k it must be at their end because both...
  8. Thoughts on BETA Speedtest?

Thoughts on BETA Speedtest?: Hi all, just a thread to ask what are all your thoughts on the new Speedtest BETA? [img] Personally I actually can't get it to work yet... But I have downloaded the app through the Windows Store and that seems to work fine. No ads so far! *Biggrin EDIT: It works...
  9. speedtest vpn

speedtest vpn: what is the best way to do a speedtest on vpn. at the moment i am using speedtest.net but after finding this reading this article https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/10562/t...s-an-overview/ it suggests that speedtest.net gives very inaccurate results when testing vpn speeds. i use...
  10. OOKLA releases new Speedtest app (UWP)

in Windows 10 News
    OOKLA releases new Speedtest app (UWP): Just out on WinBeta, story about (and pointer to) a new Speedtest app for Windows. This one runs on the Universal Windows Platform, so it works on Mobile and PC devices. Speedtest for Windows Phone has been available for quite some time, but to test your internet speed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Okla. eg. App Download (Mbps)