Windows 10: different speaker and brightness setting for each account

Discus and support different speaker and brightness setting for each account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my laptop has 2 accounts, one for me and one for my daughter the problem is that my daughter changes the brightness and speaker settings whenever she... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by makhan10, Jun 25, 2020.

1. makhan10 Win User

different speaker and brightness setting for each account

my laptop has 2 accounts, one for me and one for my daughter

the problem is that my daughter changes the brightness and speaker settings whenever she uses her account

which annoys me greatly

is there any way that windows 10 uses different brightness and speaker setting for each account

thnx in advance

:)

makhan10, Jun 25, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jun 25, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 25, 2020
  4. different speaker and brightness setting for each account

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

different speaker and brightness setting for each account

1. different speaker and brightness setting for each account - Similar Threads - different speaker brightness

2. How to set each monitor to a different display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set each monitor to a different display: I have added a larger monitor to my laptop to allow working on different projects.Both are working, but both show the same screen. Detect other display shows "we could,t find...", but it is showing the screen I am on.New to this and could use a bit of help. Thanks in advance....
  3. How to set each monitor to a different display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set each monitor to a different display: I have added a larger monitor to my laptop to allow working on different projects.Both are working, but both show the same screen. Detect other display shows "we could,t find...", but it is showing the screen I am on.New to this and could use a bit of help. Thanks in advance....
  4. Setting a different desktop for each person that uses a pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting a different desktop for each person that uses a pc: I have built my son his own PC and I created him a login for himself and one for me to administrate the pc and I want to set different desktops for both. I can't seem to figure out how to add an icon to my desktop without it also being added under his login. Any ideas? This...
  5. Setting a different desktop for each person that uses a pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting a different desktop for each person that uses a pc: I have built my son his own PC and I created him a login for himself and one for me to administrate the pc and I want to set different desktops for both. I can't seem to figure out how to add an icon to my desktop without it also being added under his login. Any ideas? This...
  6. Setting a different desktop for each person that uses a pc

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Switching between different color settings brightness and contrast?

Switching between different color settings brightness and contrast?: Hello,is there a way to have multiple color settings for your display color profiles, so that you can switch between them?I'm not talking about the color of the taskbar or dark mode. But contrast/brightness/gamma settings.For example: I want to use my main color settings with...
  8. Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays

Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays: Hello, I just bought a new Samsung Q60R 4K tv. When I connect it to my laptop via HDMI, it sets the resolution to 4k on both my laptop main display (which is only capable of 1600x900) and the TV so my laptop screen looks blurry as the Desktop resolution is 3840x2160 and the...
  9. How can I keep different settings for EACH different folder in explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I keep different settings for EACH different folder in explorer?: Hi. I've seen this question here before, mostly answered two ways: 1) "Simply, you can't" 2) "Try this 2-page workaround each time" I have recently bought a win7 desktop (2nd hand) and a win10 tablet, and for heavy workloads I still have to go to my winXP laptop -...
  10. Screen brightness for each user

Screen brightness for each user: Hello, In Windows 10, when I adjust the screen brightness bar, it applies to other user accounts, and vice versa. It doesn't seem to matter whether the accounts are admin or standard. Does windows allow brightness settings specific to each individual user?...