Windows 10: Different Touchpad and Mouse Primary Button Settings

Discus and support Different Touchpad and Mouse Primary Button Settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, Changing the primary mouse button settings in Windows also changes the touchpad settings. Is there any app or solution to let flipping the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lonely-Trouble-4902, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Different Touchpad and Mouse Primary Button Settings

Hi,

Changing the primary mouse button settings in Windows also changes the touchpad settings. Is there any app or solution to let flipping the right and left mouse buttons while the laptop touchpad's right and left clicks won't be changed?

P.S: I tried the Mouse Speed Switcher app, but it cannot detect the mouse and touchpad separately in Windows 11. So, it didn't work, Or I don't know how can I address this issue.

Thanks

submitted by /u/Lonely-Trouble-4902
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lonely-Trouble-4902, Aug 28, 2022

2. Different settings in mouse and touchpad

Hi,

I generally set up my mouse so that the primary button is the right button instead of the left button, but I don't want the touchpad to mirror that setting; I want to set the primary button of the mouse to the right button but for the touchpad the left button.
    Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Jac

JacquelineVeloz, Aug 28, 2022
  3. Different settings in mouse and touchpad

This thread might give you some solutions you can try:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

The primary issue here (no pun), is that driver compatibility might prevent you from making those changes. You should still have separate settings for both the mouse and touchpad in Start > Settings > Devices > Touchpad and Mouse category that let you adjust
    settings for each button.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 28, 2022
  4. Different Touchpad and Mouse Primary Button Settings

Mouse primary button setting

I use a scroll mouse on the desktop with windows 10, and use "Right" as my primary button. I remote login to the same desktop while I am away using a laptop (mac os or windows 10) which has a normal mouse, and every time I login, I have to change the primary
    button setting to "Left".

Can this setting be saved when logging in using remote desktop, so windows understands to use different primary buttons for mouse?

SatishUnawane, Aug 28, 2022
Thema:

Different Touchpad and Mouse Primary Button Settings

1. Different Touchpad and Mouse Primary Button Settings - Similar Threads - Different Touchpad Mouse

2. Mouse settings primary button shared between dual boot windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse settings primary button shared between dual boot windows: Hello,I have dual boot Windows 10 on different SSDs.When I change mouse to left handed in one windows installation it become left-handed in another. I assume mouse settings shoudn't be shared between dual boot windows installations, at least other settings are not.Could I...
  3. Touchpad and mouse buttons not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad and mouse buttons not working: I have an issue with the touchpad and mouse today. They simply stopped working. Actually, it happens that they work from time to time for only a few seconds, but then the problem starts again. I have managed to try the standard steps, i.e. to uninstall the drivers and...
  4. Changing the primary mouse button setting on one computer changes the setting simultaneouly...

Changing the primary mouse button setting on one computer changes the setting simultaneouly...: Our home office has a couple of PC computers an ACER Spin laptop and a custom AMD desktop running entirely separate Windows accounts on different email addresses. The problem: When a user changes the primary button in the Settings>Mouse page on one of the computers, the...
  5. Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button

Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button: The Windows Icon is located in the lower left corner of the screen. When I LB click it, an hour glass icon appears, then goes away, and there is no further action. When I RB Click, I see the expected pop up menu which contains the shutdown command among others. Shouldn’t this...
  6. Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button: The Windows Icon is located in the lower left corner of the screen. When I LB click it, an hour glass icon appears, then goes away, and there is no further action. When I RB Click, I see the expected pop up menu which contains the shutdown command among others. Shouldn’t this...
  7. Mouse primary button setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse primary button setting: I use a scroll mouse on the desktop with windows 10, and use "Right" as my primary button. I remote login to the same desktop while I am away using a laptop (mac os or windows 10) which has a normal mouse, and every time I login, I have to change the primary button setting to...
  8. Set Left Button as Primary

Set Left Button as Primary: In the Win10 task bar on the left edge is the windows symbol which currently responds to a rightmouse button click. Can I change it to respond to a left button click instead ?Settings show Right-handed (left Primary Click ) radio button is set.What do you suggest ?Bob 133702
  9. intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons

intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons: Hello all. I have a Dell XPS 15 and use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I have not had any issues until yesterday. I'm not sure when the last win update occurred Problem: - On Startup sometimes there us no function of keypad pr mouse buttons. However, the keyboard...
  10. intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons: Hello all. I have a Dell XPS 15 and use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I have not had any issues until yesterday. I'm not sure when the last win update occurred Problem: - On Startup sometimes there us no function of keypad pr mouse buttons. However, the keyboard...