Windows 10: Different types of BSOD while playing games

Discus and support Different types of BSOD while playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Could you upload the tool here directly or give me another link since its been giving me "failed - network error" all the time while downloading?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MJMampen, Jun 5, 2017.

1. MJMampen Win User

Different types of BSOD while playing games

Could you upload the tool here directly or give me another link since its been giving me "failed - network error" all the time while downloading?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just did it manually without the tool.

System Spec

Computer type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: To Be Filled By O.E.M
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 with stock cooler
    Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4
    Memory: PC4-17000 4GBX2 2133 DDR4
    Graphics Card(s): MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G
    Monitor(s) Displays: Asus VE248HR
    Screen Resolution: 1080p 60Hz
    Hard Drives: MX300 CT275MX300SSD1
    PSU: CX Corsair 550M 80+ Bronze
    Case: Versa H24
    Keyboard: Logitech Gaming Keyboard G105
    Mouse: Genius NetScroll 110X
    Internet Speed: 30 Download/30 Upload
    Browser: Google Chrome
    Antivirus: Windows Defender

MJMampen, Jun 17, 2017
  2. axe0 New Member

Just as an answer to this. I completely understand why you would like to go back to Windows 7, I've been there many times with the only difference that I had to reinstall Windows 8.
    If you have a Windows 7 activation key, you could download an ISO (if you don't have one) at Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files). Without a proper key you can't download a Windows 7 ISO.
    OTOH, I also understand the part of Windows 10.

As a final test, to prevent future driver verifier tests and driver updating suggestions, please update the BIOS if possible and reset the BIOS configuration.
    Then, perform a boot into safe mode. If problems occur in safe mode it is definitely a hardware issue and we can go from there.

Safe mode: Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

If you somehow loose your activation, for any reason, while troubleshooting this issue, I recommend to go to this thread where activation experts can help *Smile

3. MJMampen Win User
    But before that, I wanted to test something first although I'm not entirely sure if this is possible. I'm thinking of reverting everything back (the whole OS, including drivers) like it was freshly installed. I guess what I mean is I want to update my drivers one by one; similar to what I did the first time I installed Windows 10 when I had to connect to the Internet to update my whole system. So Is this possible? Basically like a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 WITHOUT its updated drivers, settings, patches and etcetera.

MJMampen, Jun 17, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Of course it's possible.

5. MJMampen Win User
    Okay if so, do you know how? I don't see any specific tutorials anywhere. I'm seeing clean reinstallation with updates.

EDIT: Is it the "remove everything" in Reset PC? Last time I did this it included the latest updates for some drivers.

MJMampen, Jun 17, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
  7. axe0 New Member
    A good way to do this would be using an ISO of the latest build before any updates were released.
    I have an ISO of the latest build, I do not think it has any updates since updates are implemented into ISOs some time later than the monthly updates.

Of course, if you don't an ISO you may be able to choose the option to not download any update, but chances exists that ISO does have updates already implemented.

You would also need to tell Windows to not install any drivers.

8. MJMampen Win User

Hey everyone,

I think I might have solved my problem, although I'm not fully sure yet since I only can do three tests tonight because I'm traveling tomorrow early morning.

I did a clean reinstallation using Windows reset and remove everything. After that I installed and updated all the latest drivers I needed instantly. However this doesn't really made any impacts on my problem, or at least what I thought. The solution that I think resolved my problem was updating my BIOS. I did a research on my motherboard's BIOS then I found out there's this update called improve DRAM compatibility. I guess this is the reason why I'm getting a lot of BSOD memory related even though all my pc parts are pristine.

So for all people out there who's experiencing the same problem and has a similar hardware (specifically motherboard/BIOS), I encourage you to try update your BIOS because it could possibly stop the BSODs. For more info: ASRock > AB350M Pro4

I want to give a big shoutout to everyone who help me with my problem through thick and thin, especially zbook and axe0 for sticking up. You guys are awesome!

I wouldn't mark my problem as solved yet because it only passed three tests and I only did it on one game: Dota 2, so just in case I will leave it open for future reports. However I have a feeling that this surely resolves my problem because this is the first time I played in straight three games without BSOD.

MJMampen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Different types of BSOD while playing games - Similar Threads - Different types BSOD

2. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi i've a problem with my pc. Usually while gaming with games like Diablo,Baldur's Gate 3 my pc crashes and restart alone and i don't know why. I've found some minidumps of the crash that are happening. I tried to check what was inside the mindump, but i don't know how i can...
  3. BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types: Hello,I'm facing a problem with my laptop.. it's Razer blade 15 advanced 2019, RTX 2060 and core i7 8750H gaming laptop..Windows 10.The issue:Suddenly, I started getting different types of BSOD while playing a specific game called "Apex Legends"Current state: My laptop is...
  4. BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types: Hello,I'm facing a problem with my laptop.. it's Razer blade 15 advanced 2019, RTX 2060 and core i7 8750H gaming laptop..Windows 10.The issue:Suddenly, I started getting different types of BSOD while playing a specific game called "Apex Legends"Current state: My laptop is...
  5. BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES

BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES: So I've been getting bsods while playing gamesall games. My hdd and ram are perfectly fine. I've tried running mem diag tool, sfc scannow and crystal disk info no errors and in good condition. Has been happening for a really long time. Windows keeps getting corrupted, hdd...
  7. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: It was happening before and then I fixed it by uninstalling my drivers and updating them, but then a couple days later it starts happening again various codes like driver irql not less or equal and others. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNinz5leQW4KkIe1Kx...
  8. Different BSODs while playing games.

Different BSODs while playing games.: Ive been experiencing different kinds of bsod while playing games. On some games i BSOD 100% of the time while on some i dont BSOD at all. Ive got bsods like irql not less than or equal and unexpected kernel mode trap. On the event viewer it says Kernel power, Event 41....
  9. BSOD while playing multiple games, different errors.

BSOD while playing multiple games, different errors.: Over the course of using windows 10 I have came across multiple BSOD errors, at least 5 different ones while I play some games. Most games I have noticed or remember are games like World of Warcraft, No Man's Sky, Overwatch. But there are many other games that I have not...
  10. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: Recently I have been getting BSODs while playing games on my computer, but not during normal use. Most recently it has been the game Roguelands. I originally thought it might be a memory problem, so I ran memtest for around 10 passes. Memtest did not turn up with...