Windows 10: Different user accounts for different purposes - save on resources or no?

Discus and support Different user accounts for different purposes - save on resources or no? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it valuable, from an installation/removal/resources perspective, to create different user accounts for different purposes? Same physical user.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kevinatblinn, May 13, 2020.

1. Different user accounts for different purposes - save on resources or no?

Is it valuable, from an installation/removal/resources perspective, to create different user accounts for different purposes? Same physical user. Perhaps there is The Audio/Video profile, the 2D/3D Design profile, the Image and Publishing profile, and the Gaming profile.

Will I save much in resource utilization, keeping software installations (and all their little bits of memory hogging hangers-on) separate? Some software, of course, would be installed to all users, and others only to one. Or does Windows 10 really install all software for everyone, but only let certain user accounts with rights run the executables?

submitted by /u/Kevinatblinn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kevinatblinn, May 13, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

different user accounts, only one email address?

Hi Geoff, welcome to the Ten Forums.

In Windows 10 it is not possible to use the same MS account for more than one user account on the same computer. If User-A signs in with an MS account User-A@AnyEmail.com, that MS account (email address) cannot be used to sign in any other user than User-A. User-B needs to use either a different MS account or a local account. However, you can use the same MS account on multiple computers.

There's no way to work around this restriction.

In your case I would simply install Windows 10 on both computers with a local admin account, then create an additional standard user account as an MS account on both computers using the same email address. If any of the two computers requires the gaming account, too, as you explained I would make this account a local account.

Tutorials:

3. Different desktop for different users

Hi Michael

Different Desktops as well as all of the other personal folders has always been the default setup in Windows.

These are automatically set up when a new User Account is created.

Create a local user account in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...18c/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, May 13, 2020
  4. Different user accounts for different purposes - save on resources or no?

Desktop shows different shortcuts than Windows explorer desktop

Hello Glyn,

We regret for the inconvenience.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account. This will help us ascertain if the issue is user account specific.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Different user accounts for different purposes - save on resources or no?

1. Different user accounts for different purposes - save on resources or no? - Similar Threads - Different user accounts

2. Different user accounts with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Different user accounts with OneDrive: I am using Windows 10 with Onedrive and I am totally confused about my user / computer accounts.I have an Access database that references files on my primary machine at: C:\Users\David\OneDrive\Documents\My Files..On a secondary machine on a different network the files are...
  3. Different user accounts with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different user accounts with OneDrive: I am using Windows 10 with Onedrive and I am totally confused about my user / computer accounts.I have an Access database that references files on my primary machine at: C:\Users\David\OneDrive\Documents\My Files..On a secondary machine on a different network the files are...
  4. Different user accounts with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User accounts on different hard drives?

in Windows 10 Customization
    User accounts on different hard drives?: I currently have a hard drive from another computer that I use as an external drive D2 I'd like to know if it's possible to create a user account on my current drive D1 that would run on D2. I guess you could say 1 tower, 1 screen, 2 hard drives for 2 "computers"...
  6. Windows 10 - Install different programs on different user accounts?

Windows 10 - Install different programs on different user accounts?: I want to have both The Sims 2 (base game, physical copy/CD installation) and The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection (digital download) on the same computer, but I can't run one with the other installed because they conflict. I have two user accounts on my computer and I was...
  7. Saving audio profiles for different users on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Saving audio profiles for different users on PC: l mean this tool: [ATTACH] Problem is, devices what l choosed in current User Profile - chooses for entire machine (PC). Thus when PC starts use other person with it own profile and for example it prefer play sound from Speakers, this choose saves for everyone's else User...
  8. Different Users

Different Users: I have a computer that I own but was used thru Raymond James a Company. I had 3 users Daniel King, Nancy Wiles and Patrick King I had Turbo Tax loaded on for the last 3 years. Under Daniel King, We all left Raymond James, I can get on the computer as Patrick King but I...
  9. User accounts and users are different

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts and users are different: Hi I have two accounts on my laptop: Bryan as admin and James as my local account which I use for my daily workings. All my work is save to a different partition on the hard drive. I now notice that if I go to C:\users, I have my admin account but there are two other...
  10. Different default modes (Tablet/Desktop) for different user accounts..

in Windows 10 Support
    Different default modes (Tablet/Desktop) for different user accounts..: Hi I have a touchscreen laptop and 3 user accounts, one of which is for my children (aged 3 and 5). I would like to be able to make the default mode for my children's account 'tablet mode' (to make it as simple as possible for them to use and access key apps) while...