Windows 10: different users from old computers i had are showing up in user folder

Discus and support different users from old computers i had are showing up in user folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi so the main thing I want to do today is figure out if it is true that these amd folders are used because I have the option to switch with my intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MR105020, Jun 23, 2020.

1. MR105020 Win User

different users from old computers i had are showing up in user folder

hi so the main thing I want to do today is figure out if it is true that these amd folders are used because I have the option to switch with my intel graphics card hopefully its for games.

next whenever I want to save a download which is from amd adrenalin which probably isn't the correct download for the amdk8.sys graphics folder but it says I need to contact the administrator and it tells me would I like to save in a user that exsisted from awhile ago instead of the user account I have named on my computer but using the same the email address from the user that existed awhile ago.

their will be another question I gurantee it.

:)

MR105020, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    different users from old computers i had are showing up in user folder 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Jun 23, 2020
  4. different users from old computers i had are showing up in user folder

How to copy administrator user account

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to copy the user date and check if it helps.

Note: I suggest to create a new user profile and transfer user data to new account and delete or change the corrupt user profile.

Copy User Data: Follow the below steps to copy files to the new user profile

• Log on as a user other than the user whose profile you are copying files to or from.
    • In Windows Explorer, click View, and Check mark hidden files and folders, uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click
      OK
    • Locate the C:\Users\Old Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy user data from.
    • Press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each file and subfolder in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat

• Ntuser.dat.log

• Ntuser.ini
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Copy
    • Locate the C:\Users\New Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and New Username is the name of the user profile that you created in the "Create a New User Profile" section.
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Paste
    • Log off the computer, and then log on as the new user.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

different users from old computers i had are showing up in user folder

1. different users from old computers i had are showing up in user folder - Similar Threads - different users old

2. User name is not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User name is not showing in Users folder: I've seen this question asked before but the solution does not work for me. Hopefully Dave M sees itMy user name is EricI'm trying to find my AppData folder in the following path;C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator [version number] Settings\en_US\x64\New...
  3. User name is not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User name is not showing in Users folder: I've seen this question asked before but the solution does not work for me. Hopefully Dave M sees itMy user name is EricI'm trying to find my AppData folder in the following path;C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator [version number] Settings\en_US\x64\New...
  4. Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users: Hello,I would like to delete an old user's folder in C:\Users but there is the folder AppData and the file NTUSER.DAT which prevent me from doing so. Is there a solution to this problem I've also tried taking ownership of the folder, but it doesn't fix my...
  5. Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users: Hello,I would like to delete an old user's folder in C:\Users but there is the folder AppData and the file NTUSER.DAT which prevent me from doing so. Is there a solution to this problem I've also tried taking ownership of the folder, but it doesn't fix my...
  6. main user not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    main user not showing in Users folder: I messed things up and did a re-install of Windows 11 to get folders back to the correct places. Before I had Desktop in several place,s one within the prinmary Desktop folder.After the re-install, under Users I have - Default, Desktop and Public. My main User is Frank which...
  7. User name is not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name is not showing in Users folder: Hi, my name is Manish Kumar recently I reset my pc and made some changes but after this, I realized that my user name "manis" is not showing in the Users folder. > Also, my Appdata folder is showing in the Desktop directory and when I make the hidden tick on the explorer it...
  8. Folder showing different number of items for different users.

Folder showing different number of items for different users.: I have a number of users that have folders showing the wrong number of files. I've checked the server and know how many files should be in the folders and when I've looked myself I'm seeing the right number of files. I've looked for a solution and most of the results...
  9. Removing a user from an old computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a user from an old computer: "delete the Microsoft Account and make the other account as administrator." If I delete the Microsoft Account, my wife can't use her new computer without a Microsoft Account, right? How do I give her old windows computer to someone else while moving everything form her...
  10. Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users

Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users: I have a WIndows 2012 R2 server, on that server I have about 10 users. My desktop computer is Windows 10, my boss' computer is Windows 10. We are both users on the network. I am trying to share a folder with only him and none of the other employees. I have gone to Properties,...