Windows 10: different window behaviour for HDMI and DP monitor connections when monitors powered down.

Discus and support different window behaviour for HDMI and DP monitor connections when monitors powered down. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there,I have been using a 2 monitor setup on my Windows 10 box for several years.I have had various CPU/GPU configurations during this time and this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Auric Mists, Jun 9, 2023.

1. different window behaviour for HDMI and DP monitor connections when monitors powered down.

Hi there,I have been using a 2 monitor setup on my Windows 10 box for several years.I have had various CPU/GPU configurations during this time and this problem is apparent on all of them.I'm currently running an Intel i9-10900K processor and an NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti GPU.I often leave jobs running that may take days to complete so I tend to switch off my monitors at the electrical outlet but leave the PC running.Here is the issue...When I switch the monitors back on, all the windows on the monitors connected using HDMI appear where they were when I switched them off.However, if I connect a monitor

:)

Auric Mists, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

different window behaviour for HDMI and DP monitor connections when monitors powered down.

1. different window behaviour for HDMI and DP monitor connections when monitors powered down. - Similar Threads - different window behaviour

2. different window behaviour for HDMI and DP monitor connections when monitors powered down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    different window behaviour for HDMI and DP monitor connections when monitors powered down.: Hi there,I have been using a 2 monitor setup on my Windows 10 box for several years.I have had various CPU/GPU configurations during this time and this problem is apparent on all of them.I'm currently running an Intel i9-10900K processor and an NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti GPU.I often...
  3. different window behaviour for HDMI and DP monitor connections when monitors powered down.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    different window behaviour for HDMI and DP monitor connections when monitors powered down.: Hi there,I have been using a 2 monitor setup on my Windows 10 box for several years.I have had various CPU/GPU configurations during this time and this problem is apparent on all of them.I'm currently running an Intel i9-10900K processor and an NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti GPU.I often...
  4. Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI: I have a monitor with no speakers. If I connect my headphones to my pc I get audio with both HDMI and DP cables. If I connect it to my monitor though, I only get audio with DP cable. I need it to be connected to the monitor because I use more than one device with audio, and...
  5. Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI: I have a monitor with no speakers. If I connect my headphones to my pc I get audio with both HDMI and DP cables. If I connect it to my monitor though, I only get audio with DP cable. I need it to be connected to the monitor because I use more than one device with audio, and...
  6. Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI

7. Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.: Hello!I couldn't find anything about this issue using search engines, so I thought I'd try here!I'm using Windows 11.I have two monitors of the same brand and basically the same model. I have a GTX 1660 Super.Monitor 1 is connected through DP.Monitor 2 is connected through...
  8. Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.: Hello!I couldn't find anything about this issue using search engines, so I thought I'd try here!I'm using Windows 11.I have two monitors of the same brand and basically the same model. I have a GTX 1660 Super.Monitor 1 is connected through DP.Monitor 2 is connected through...
  9. Dual Monitors going from HDMI to DP

Dual Monitors going from HDMI to DP: I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 with 1 VGA and 1 HDMI outputs. I have 2 Dell E2216H monitors with 1 VGA and 1 DP outputs on each monitor. The first monitor hooked up via VGA works fine. I bought a cable with HDMI on 1 end and DP on the other. But the 2nd monitor will not...
  10. GTX 1070 draws power from the DP connected to the monitor...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GTX 1070 draws power from the DP connected to the monitor...: At first I thought it was my monitor providing power to the PC through the graphics card when in fact its the graphics card (got a replacement monitor and its not the monitor at fault). The problem is that when I shut down my PC i cannot start it up again unless I turn it off...