Windows 10: Different Windows PCs Show Each Other's Desktop Icons?

Discus and support Different Windows PCs Show Each Other's Desktop Icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just updated my Windows 10 to the latest version December 11, 2020. I have 2 different PCs on the same home network - one used for work, one for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert_865, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Different Windows PCs Show Each Other's Desktop Icons?

I have just updated my Windows 10 to the latest version December 11, 2020. I have 2 different PCs on the same home network - one used for work, one for music - both of which I log in on with the same password. Now my music PC's desktop shows some of my work PC's desktop icons as well as blanks, since the actual applications are not installed and my work PC's desktop shows some of my music PC's desktop icons again, as blanks. When I delete the blank icons from one desktop, they are immediately deleted from my OTHER PC's desktop too.

How can I stop this garbage occurring? How can I keep the two PCs separate?

You kind assistance would be sincerely appreciated.

:)

Robert_865, Dec 11, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Different Windows PCs Show Each Other's Desktop Icons?

No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Different Windows PCs Show Each Other's Desktop Icons?

1. Different Windows PCs Show Each Other's Desktop Icons? - Similar Threads - Different PCs Show

2. Icons on Desktop cover each other by invisible square

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on Desktop cover each other by invisible square: My icons on desktop windows 10 cover each other by invisible square, these are shortcutsAnd these are images, they also IDK why cover each othe with this "invisible square". I want to place icons very close to each other to but i can't because of this strange thing. I don't...
  3. Icons on Desktop cover each other by invisible square

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on Desktop cover each other by invisible square: My icons on desktop windows 10 cover each other by invisible square, these are shortcutsAnd these are images, they also IDK why cover each othe with this "invisible square". I want to place icons very close to each other to but i can't because of this strange thing. I don't...
  4. Icons on Desktop cover each other by invisible square

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other: when I made some changes on the resolution the desktop icons got mad and they come over each other and not shown on the left as it was, and they aren't shown on the desktop properly....
  6. my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other: when I made some changes on the resolution the desktop icons got mad and they come over each other and not shown on the left as it was, and they aren't shown on the desktop properly....
  7. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PCs can't see each other: I have two PCs both running Windows 10 and ESET Antivirus and Firewall. When they are both on Network 1 they can see each other and share folders happily. Then, if I move them to Network 2 they can no longer see each other or share folders. The only change I make to both is...
  8. Problems with connecting multiple VMs on different PCs with each other.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with connecting multiple VMs on different PCs with each other.: Hi I hope someone can help me please. I'm trying to get 4 Hyper-V VMs on 2 different PCs to connect with each other. Here's the scoop: I have my laptop with WiFi and ethernet with 1 VM and a desktop with ethernet with 3 VMs - connected to each other with a crossover LAN...
  9. Some network PCs not seeing each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some network PCs not seeing each other: I have 5 PCs on my network, all running Windows10. Some are connected to the router by ethernet, others by wifi: it doesn't seem to matter which. A, B and C can see all 5 including themselves. Both D and E can only see B and D. What could be stopping them seeing all five?...
  10. DESKTOP icons are repelling each other...need help

in Windows 10 Support
    DESKTOP icons are repelling each other...need help: today i downloaded a mod for GTA san andreas, it needed microsoft.net framework v1.1 in order for it to work, hence i tried to download it, but just as i was installing it, a message popped up: this app has made a exception that cannot be handelled" i had to click OK and...