Windows 10: Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

Discus and support Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sparky2205, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the basic things I need. In my current document I want to be able to number the first 10 pages (in a table in the header) Page 1 of 10, 2 of 10, etc... However the document currently has eleven pages, the last page being an appendix. The appendix template can be used multiple times. To date I have used -1 in the Page X of Y to deal with this. This was fine as the document was being printed and executed manually. However, I am now trying to move to executing the document electronically. So if I need to repeat the appendix template the document will grow by X number of pages. So, what I need is a numbering system for the main body of the document that will be Page 1 of 10, 2 of 10 etc. And a numbering system for the appendices that will be 1 of X, 2 of X, etc. X being however many repeats of the appendix there are. I understand the concept of Next Page Section Breaks and delinking the header from the previous. This works fine for X in X of Y but not for Y. Am I hoping for too much that there might be a solution out there for this?

:)

sparky2205, Jul 20, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

"The previous system shutdown at X on Y was unexpected"

Hi, suggest you start by checking your disk e.g.
    HD Tune v2.55 free
    Health and Error scan tabs

- but many things can cause erratic failure.

A search might suggest more, but no guarantees as to the quality of the results..

Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 20, 2021
  3. korngear Win User
    Y partition?

What program you used to see that Y partition? Did you try using two different file explorer to check if both of them are showing the Y ?

korngear, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

mouse axis ''X'' is now ''Y'' and viceversa

Hi Richiesco,

I would suggest you to test the issue plugging in a different mouse and see if the issue persists.

You may also test the same mouse on a different computer and let us know the results.

I would also suggest you to follow these steps and test the issue:

• Click on Start.
    • Search for Ease of Access and click on Ease of Access mouse settings.
    • Turn on Use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen.
    • Check if the mouse moves in the right direction when you use the numeric keypad on the keyboard.

Let us know if it helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

1. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word - Similar Threads - Different Page across

2. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word: Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the basic things I need. In my current document I want to be able to number the first 10 pages (in a table in the header) Page 1 of...
  3. Swap Mouse X-Y Axis

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Swap Mouse X-Y Axis: I previously saw posts asking about how to swap the x-y axis on a mouse from 2020 and ran across this by github project which could help others looking to do that:https://github.com/krog78/MouseInverter...
  4. My y and x axis problem on my mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    My y and x axis problem on my mouse: For the past few days I've been having this problem where my y and x axis on my mouse are inverted and I can't seem to find any solutions to this problem. I've tried uninstalling the device unplugging it and turning it on again, I've tried updating my drivers but they're...
  5. how to search "x - y" in a text files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to search "x - y" in a text files?: I have tons of text files. and if I need to search the whole string like "x - y", it return files contains either x or y. I am not sure if issue is with dash or the space. how can i do precise search to get the file containing x - y ? submitted by /u/bmountewar1 [link]...
  6. Invert the mouse x with y axis and vice versa

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invert the mouse x with y axis and vice versa: It is possible to change the x axis with y axis and vice versa?I want to make my mouse movement of up become left, down become right, right become up, left become down. I want to do this so that I can use the left click of the mouse with my thumb conviniently...
  7. "The previous system shutdown at X on Y was unexpected"

in Windows 10 Support
    "The previous system shutdown at X on Y was unexpected": Hello, Last night I shut down my PC from the start menu like I usually do and went to sleep. I've turned on the PC today and it took a while to start (It usually takes around 5 seconds) so I took a quick look at the Event Viewer and there were some weird events. The first...
  8. Program or way to find X Y Position on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program or way to find X Y Position on the desktop?: I tried looking it up, all I found was a program mentioned in a forum that was called Point Position, but all the download links are dead. I'd be grateful for the help :) submitted by /u/SolidIcecube [link] [comments]...
  9. y tho?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    y tho?: Microsoft plz, y u bloatware Also stop spamming edge! I will never join the dark side (use edge) y u no stop show me candy crush gai af bois No but in all seriousness Good f***king god, that is an atrocious thing to see after a reinstall! I love windows 10.... I've...
  10. Mionix mouse software x&y settings help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mionix mouse software x&y settings help: Hi All! I'm not a gamer (only Backgammon), I'm too old for that sort of thing, but I've just bought a Mionix Castor mouse, mainly for comfort and photo editing. It's seems good, but I'm not sure how to set up the X and Y controls? I had no instructions with the mouse....