Windows 10: Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

Discus and support Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sparky2205, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the basic things I need. In my current document I want to be able to number the first 10 pages (in a table in the header) Page 1 of 10, 2 of 10, etc... However the document currently has eleven pages, the last page being an appendix. The appendix template can be used multiple times. To date I have used -1 in the Page X of Y to deal with this. This was fine as the document was being printed and executed manually. However, I am now trying to move to executing the document electronically. So if I need to repeat the appendix template the document will grow by X number of pages. So, what I need is a numbering system for the main body of the document that will be Page 1 of 10, 2 of 10 etc. And a numbering system for the appendices that will be 1 of X, 2 of X, etc. X being however many repeats of the appendix there are. I understand the concept of Next Page Section Breaks and delinking the header from the previous. This works fine for X in X of Y but not for Y. Am I hoping for too much that there might be a solution out there for this?

:)

sparky2205, Jul 20, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

"The previous system shutdown at X on Y was unexpected"

Hi, suggest you start by checking your disk e.g.
    HD Tune v2.55 free
    Health and Error scan tabs

- but many things can cause erratic failure.

A search might suggest more, but no guarantees as to the quality of the results..

Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 20, 2021
  3. korngear Win User
    Y partition?

What program you used to see that Y partition? Did you try using two different file explorer to check if both of them are showing the Y ?

korngear, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

mouse axis ''X'' is now ''Y'' and viceversa

Hi Richiesco,

I would suggest you to test the issue plugging in a different mouse and see if the issue persists.

You may also test the same mouse on a different computer and let us know the results.

I would also suggest you to follow these steps and test the issue:

• Click on Start.
    • Search for Ease of Access and click on Ease of Access mouse settings.
    • Turn on Use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen.
    • Check if the mouse moves in the right direction when you use the numeric keypad on the keyboard.

Let us know if it helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

1. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word - Similar Threads - Different Page across

2. Meu mouse inverteu X e Y .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Meu mouse inverteu X e Y .: Meu mouse inverteu X e Y quanto a rasto o mouse para baixo a seta vai para cima, quando a rasto para cima vai para baixo a seta. Pros lados mesma coisa a rasto o mouse para a direta a seta vai pra esquerda a rasto para esquerda vai para direta já tentei de tudo e não resolve....
  3. Meu mouse inverteu X e Y .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Meu mouse inverteu X e Y .: Meu mouse inverteu X e Y quanto a rasto o mouse para baixo a seta vai para cima, quando a rasto para cima vai para baixo a seta. Pros lados mesma coisa a rasto o mouse para a direta a seta vai pra esquerda a rasto para esquerda vai para direta já tentei de tudo e não resolve....
  4. Meu mouse inverteu X e Y .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Word, Footer, Numbering pages x of y starting from page 3, y is wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word, Footer, Numbering pages x of y starting from page 3, y is wrong: Hi all,My name is Thomas,I am experiencing an issue when I start numbering pages from let's say page 3, the total number of pages includes the first 2 pages I don't number.After Alt+F9I have tried:Page {PAGE} of {NUMPAGES} wich give me the actual total of pages including the...
  6. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word: Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the basic things I need. In my current document I want to be able to number the first 10 pages (in a table in the header) Page 1 of...
  7. Swap Mouse X-Y Axis

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Swap Mouse X-Y Axis: I previously saw posts asking about how to swap the x-y axis on a mouse from 2020 and ran across this by github project which could help others looking to do that:https://github.com/krog78/MouseInverter...
  8. how to search "x - y" in a text files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to search "x - y" in a text files?: I have tons of text files. and if I need to search the whole string like "x - y", it return files contains either x or y. I am not sure if issue is with dash or the space. how can i do precise search to get the file containing x - y ? submitted by /u/bmountewar1 [link]...
  9. "The previous system shutdown at X on Y was unexpected"

in Windows 10 Support
    "The previous system shutdown at X on Y was unexpected": Hello, Last night I shut down my PC from the start menu like I usually do and went to sleep. I've turned on the PC today and it took a while to start (It usually takes around 5 seconds) so I took a quick look at the Event Viewer and there were some weird events. The first...
  10. y tho?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    y tho?: Microsoft plz, y u bloatware Also stop spamming edge! I will never join the dark side (use edge) y u no stop show me candy crush gai af bois No but in all seriousness Good f***king god, that is an atrocious thing to see after a reinstall! I love windows 10.... I've...