Windows 10: Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

Discus and support Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by sparky2205, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the basic things I need. In my current document I want to be able to number the first 10 pages (in a table in the header) Page 1 of 10, 2 of 10, etc... However the document currently has eleven pages, the last page being an appendix. The appendix template can be used multiple times. To date I have used -1 in the Page X of Y to deal with this. This was fine as the document was being printed and executed manually. However, I am now trying to move to executing the document electronically. So if I need to repeat the appendix template the document will grow by X number of pages. So, what I need is a numbering system for the main body of the document that will be Page 1 of 10, 2 of 10 etc. And a numbering system for the appendices that will be 1 of X, 2 of X, etc. X being however many repeats of the appendix there are. I understand the concept of Next Page Section Breaks and delinking the header from the previous. This works fine for X in X of Y but not for Y. Am I hoping for too much that there might be a solution out there for this? - - - Updated - - - Hi folks, I found a solution for this so I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else should need it. Note: this method assumes the document is set up as described below. Document setup: My document has 6 sections. Sections 1-5 are enforced due to the need to switch between portrait and landscape. The headers in sections 2-5 are all Linked to Previous. Section 6 contains my Appendix. Section 6 header is not linked to previous. Process: Create a Bookmark at the foot of the last page of the document you want counted. i.e. for me the last page of Section 5. I called this Bookmark LastPage. For the Y portion of Page X of Y use an auto insert field. This can be in the header of any page of section 1-5 as they are linked. I used the header in the last page of Section 5. Category: Links and References. Field names: PageRef. The previously created Bookmark i.e. LastPage will appear in the Bookmark name: box to the right. Select this and click OK. And that's it. As long as you keep the bookmark at the end of the last page this will work fine. It works because the PageRef auto insert field is a refrence to a page number which is supplied by the bookmark LastPage. So LastPage will always supply the page number it resides on to PageRef. I only needed 2 different page numbering sequences in my document so I didn't need to go any further but you can probably see that you can use this method to create a different page numbering sequence for each Section of a document. Just create multiple Bookmarks.

:)

sparky2205, Jul 24, 2021

2. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

Windows 10 version 20H2

Hi folks,
    my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the basic things I need.
    In my current document I want to be able to number the first 10 pages (in a table in the header) Page 1 of 10, 2 of 10, etc...
    However the document currently has eleven pages, the last page being an appendix. The appendix template can be used multiple times.
    To date I have used -1 in the Page X of Y to deal with this. This was fine as the document was being printed and executed manually.
    However, I am now trying to move to executing the document electronically. So if I need to repeat the appendix template the document will grow by X number of pages.
    So, what I need is a numbering system for the main body of the document that will be Page 1 of 10, 2 of 10 etc. And a numbering system for the appendices that will be 1 of X, 2 of X, etc. X being however many repeats of the appendix there are.
    I understand the concept of Next Page Section Breaks and delinking the header from the previous. This works fine for X in X of Y but not for Y.
    Am I hoping for too much that there might be a solution out there for this?

sparky2205, Jul 24, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    "The previous system shutdown at X on Y was unexpected"

Hi, suggest you start by checking your disk e.g.
    HD Tune v2.55 free
    Health and Error scan tabs

- but many things can cause erratic failure.

A search might suggest more, but no guarantees as to the quality of the results..

Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 24, 2021
  4. korngear Win User

Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

Y partition?

What program you used to see that Y partition? Did you try using two different file explorer to check if both of them are showing the Y ?

korngear, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

1. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word - Similar Threads - Different Page across

2. Meu mouse inverteu X e Y .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Meu mouse inverteu X e Y .: Meu mouse inverteu X e Y quanto a rasto o mouse para baixo a seta vai para cima, quando a rasto para cima vai para baixo a seta. Pros lados mesma coisa a rasto o mouse para a direta a seta vai pra esquerda a rasto para esquerda vai para direta já tentei de tudo e não resolve....
  3. Meu mouse inverteu X e Y .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Meu mouse inverteu X e Y .: Meu mouse inverteu X e Y quanto a rasto o mouse para baixo a seta vai para cima, quando a rasto para cima vai para baixo a seta. Pros lados mesma coisa a rasto o mouse para a direta a seta vai pra esquerda a rasto para esquerda vai para direta já tentei de tudo e não resolve....
  4. Meu mouse inverteu X e Y .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Word, Footer, Numbering pages x of y starting from page 3, y is wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word, Footer, Numbering pages x of y starting from page 3, y is wrong: Hi all,My name is Thomas,I am experiencing an issue when I start numbering pages from let's say page 3, the total number of pages includes the first 2 pages I don't number.After Alt+F9I have tried:Page {PAGE} of {NUMPAGES} wich give me the actual total of pages including the...
  6. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

in Windows 10 Support
    Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word: Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the basic things I need. In my current document I want to be able to number the first 10 pages (in a table in the header) Page 1 of...
  7. Swap Mouse X-Y Axis

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Swap Mouse X-Y Axis: I previously saw posts asking about how to swap the x-y axis on a mouse from 2020 and ran across this by github project which could help others looking to do that:https://github.com/krog78/MouseInverter...
  8. how to search "x - y" in a text files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to search "x - y" in a text files?: I have tons of text files. and if I need to search the whole string like "x - y", it return files contains either x or y. I am not sure if issue is with dash or the space. how can i do precise search to get the file containing x - y ? submitted by /u/bmountewar1 [link]...
  9. "The previous system shutdown at X on Y was unexpected"

in Windows 10 Support
    "The previous system shutdown at X on Y was unexpected": Hello, Last night I shut down my PC from the start menu like I usually do and went to sleep. I've turned on the PC today and it took a while to start (It usually takes around 5 seconds) so I took a quick look at the Event Viewer and there were some weird events. The first...
  10. y tho?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    y tho?: Microsoft plz, y u bloatware Also stop spamming edge! I will never join the dark side (use edge) y u no stop show me candy crush gai af bois No but in all seriousness Good f***king god, that is an atrocious thing to see after a reinstall! I love windows 10.... I've...