Windows 10: Differential Backup On Cloned Drive (Macrium Reflect)?

Discus and support Differential Backup On Cloned Drive (Macrium Reflect)? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I replaced my hard drive, same size. So I cloned it. Can I do a differential backup based on a full image of the original drive using the clone? Using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jmsnyc, Jun 26, 2021.

1. jmsnyc Win User

Differential Backup On Cloned Drive (Macrium Reflect)?

I replaced my hard drive, same size. So I cloned it. Can I do a differential backup based on a full image of the original drive using the clone? Using Macrium Reflect Free Edition as my backup software.

:)

jmsnyc, Jun 26, 2021
  2. Martmcd Win User

Attempted cloning a WD 8TB usb hard drive to another WD 8TB usb hard drive using Macrium Reflect.

Hi DennisCPA

i don't know of a maximum size (nor can i find it mentioned), largest i have cloned is 4TB.

when i last had a clone fail, whilst checking connections of the destination drive i put it in a different port and it worked (i didn't investigate further), suggestion, check destination drive connections or try a different port

you may get a better solution if you ask in the Macrium reflect forums

Macrium Support Forum

Martmcd, Jun 26, 2021
  3. Mcd73165 Win User
    Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup

I'll try to explain a little clearer. In Macrium Reflect I click on the Restore tab which will then show me the Full and Differential Images that I created. On the right side of those there is Restore Image and Other Actions drop down menu.. From that I can delete the file (Differential) or create a Differential or Incremental backup. Can't do Incremental on the free version). So what I'm trying to find out is would it matter if I create another Differential Image from my Full Backup or from the Differential Backup. What I have been doing when changes are made to the computer is to delete the Differential and create a new Differential from the Full backup other actions list. This way I have 1 Full Backup and 1 Differential Backup.

Mcd73165, Jun 26, 2021
  4. Mcd73165 Win User

Question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup

Hi. Macrium Reflect free allows 4 differential backups per full backup. If I have a full backup and 1 differential backup and I want to make a second differential backup, does it matter if I make it from the 1st differential backup or from the full backup? Thanks in advance for any replies. Running Windows version1909.
    Mark

Mcd73165, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Differential Backup On Cloned Drive (Macrium Reflect)? - Similar Threads - Differential Backup Cloned

2. Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup: Hi. I was just wondering if it matters when making let's say a 2nd Differential Image if I make it from the 1st Differential or from the Full Backup. I think it probably doesn't matter but I want to make sure. Macrium Reflect (free) is a great program! My computer is Windows...
  3. Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup

in Windows 10 Support
    Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup: Hi. I was just wondering if it matters when making let's say a 2nd Differential Image if I make it from the 1st Differential or from the Full Backup. I think it probably doesn't matter but I want to make sure. Macrium Reflect (free) is a great program! My computer is Windows...
  4. Question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup

Question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup: Hi. Macrium Reflect free allows 4 differential backups per full backup. If I have a full backup and 1 differential backup and I want to make a second differential backup, does it matter if I make it from the 1st differential backup or from the full backup? Thanks in advance...
  5. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  6. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  7. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect: I am wanting to clone my hard drive and put it on another computer. I think I get it cloned on a external hd. I have made a boot cd. Now here is my problem I don't know how to get it to transfer to the new hd on the new computer. The cd ask wish image to tranfer but there is...
  8. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524
  9. Macrium Reflect Incremental/Differential Curiosity

Macrium Reflect Incremental/Differential Curiosity: Is there any way to see what changed between the most recent image and the previous image? I see the file size increase nearly daily when I have not always made any major changes to my system. I know Windows saves new logs daily, but sometimes the change is 10GB+ after...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...