Windows 10: difficult to wake up

Discus and support difficult to wake up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; when i walk away from the pc, it goes into sleep mode.But, to wake it up i have to push the power button followed by banging the keyboard buttons and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MarkGunning1, Mar 25, 2022.

1. difficult to wake up

when i walk away from the pc, it goes into sleep mode.But, to wake it up i have to push the power button followed by banging the keyboard buttons and mouse buttons always been like this its very annoyingI once rang Dell support, they couldnt fix it. told me it needed a new SSD. they sent me one.but just today took me 10 min to get it going i thought it had crashed.helpMark

:)

MarkGunning1, Mar 25, 2022

2. Will not wake from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to open the power troubleshooter

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box.

4. On the left side, click on "troubleshooting".

5. Click "view all" on the left pane.

6. Run the power troubleshooter.

To make sure your devices are set to wake the computer up, I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.

4. Select Power management.

5. Check Allow this device to wake the computer.
    Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 25, 2022
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 25, 2022
  4. difficult to wake up

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 25, 2022
Thema:

difficult to wake up

1. difficult to wake up - Similar Threads - difficult wake

2. is this free for student but it is very difficult to sign and give slow reponse ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is this free for student but it is very difficult to sign and give slow reponse ?: i need free access just two platform wordpad and adope applications is these are important for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-free-for-student-but-it-is-very-difficult/3f268f7b-e5a3-4c3e-96ed-2a1ee9d7fa9d
  3. is this free for student but it is very difficult to sign and give slow reponse ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is this free for student but it is very difficult to sign and give slow reponse ?: i need free access just two platform wordpad and adope applications is these are important for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-free-for-student-but-it-is-very-difficult/3f268f7b-e5a3-4c3e-96ed-2a1ee9d7fa9d
  4. The laptop cursor can move but it is difficult and unable to click every time the laptop is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The laptop cursor can move but it is difficult and unable to click every time the laptop is...: When I turn on the laptop the next day, the cursor moves but is not responsive, nor can the cursor click on something on the laptop. However, when I press the keyboard any keyboard the cursor returns to its original state. And it always happens when I turn on the laptop the...
  5. The laptop cursor can move but it is difficult and unable to click every time the laptop is...

The laptop cursor can move but it is difficult and unable to click every time the laptop is...: When I turn on the laptop the next day, the cursor moves but is not responsive, nor can the cursor click on something on the laptop. However, when I press the keyboard any keyboard the cursor returns to its original state. And it always happens when I turn on the laptop the...
  6. Microsoft Account is difficult to work with

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account is difficult to work with: I have two email addresses, and not long ago, I was having trouble logging in to my MS Account. All previous MS emails were going to one address, so I changed my profile to reflect this, and got a confirmationSomething is now messed up, as when I tried to log in, first the...
  7. Microsoft Account is difficult to work with

Microsoft Account is difficult to work with: I have two email addresses, and not long ago, I was having trouble logging in to my MS Account. All previous MS emails were going to one address, so I changed my profile to reflect this, and got a confirmationSomething is now messed up, as when I tried to log in, first the...
  8. Solutions that are difficult to understand

Solutions that are difficult to understand: The current program is the same as automatically generated by the device. I'm making a copy of this and keeping it. Let's say it's user error. How to understand The support community seems to be fooling me I have 3 Microsoft accounts, But I use it alone. It is not shared with...
  9. difficult to wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    difficult to wake up: when i walk away from the pc, it goes into sleep mode.But, to wake it up i have to push the power button followed by banging the keyboard buttons and mouse buttons always been like this its very annoyingI once rang Dell support, they couldnt fix it. told me it needed a new...
  10. difficult to wake up

difficult to wake up: when i walk away from the pc, it goes into sleep mode.But, to wake it up i have to push the power button followed by banging the keyboard buttons and mouse buttons always been like this its very annoyingI once rang Dell support, they couldnt fix it. told me it needed a new...