Windows 10: Difficulties downloading Windows 10

Discus and support Difficulties downloading Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I currently have Windows 8.1 and am looking to upgrade to Windows 10. I reserved a copy, and then got told it was ready to Download. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mj15uk, Aug 4, 2015.

1. mj15uk Win User

Difficulties downloading Windows 10

Hi all,

I currently have Windows 8.1 and am looking to upgrade to Windows 10. I reserved a copy, and then got told it was ready to Download. I started the download and all seemed to be going fine for an hour.

That was three days ago. Now, I am constantly getting the "Windows 10 is ready to download" window every couple of hours, and when I click it, it takes me to the "Get WIndows 10" window where it says download is in progress. When I press the "View download progress" button, it takes me to the "Windows update" window, where it says Restart your PC to finish installing updates. If I click this, it restarts the computer, and all just looks normal as it was. I then click on the WIndows 10 flag in the bottom right hand corner, and it again takes me to the windows update window - with the same "restart your PC to finish installing updates window.

I have had the computer switched on and connected to the internet now almost solidly for the last 3 days, so it could have a chance to install the WIndows 10, and also my settings for updates are on "download automatically". If I click the check for updates link in windows update, it tells me to restart to finish installing updates.

Any help??! Thanks! *Smile

:)

mj15uk, Aug 4, 2015

2. Difficulty downloading Windows 10

The fastest way to get the upgrade is to download the ISO. An ISO is like a dvd so to use it you will need to right click>mount. Start the upgrade from within windows.

I would use the techbench link

The Official Final Windows 10 download is now available (10586)

Use the download tool to create ISO media to update your windows.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 4, 2015
  3. SoLEiL360 Win User
    SoLEiL360, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Difficulties downloading Windows 10

Try this, go to This PC and right click on a blank area and choose properties. Under where you see system type you will see if you are running on a 32 bit system or 64 bit system. Then go to this link and download the Windows Media Creation tool and choose what system type you are running weather if it is 32 bit or 64 bit.

Windows 10

After you download it choose upgrade this PC now. If that does not work then you will need to either use a blank CD or flash drive with at least 4 GB of space. Open the media creation tool again and then choose Create installation media for another PC. Choose your language and what version of Windows you will be getting. You can go here to see what version of Windows 10 you will get for free. If you choose a different version than what you were supposed to choose, you will be asked for a product key after you install which will not be your Windows 8 key.

Which edition of Windows 10 will you get for free? - CNET

After you choose what version you want, you will be asked if you want to use a flash drive or make an ISO image. If you want to use a CD, choose the iso image and it will create one. Once it is done creating an ISO image, then locate it and double click on it and insert your CD and burn the installation files to the CD. If you want to use a flash drive, choose flash drive, then plug in the flash drive you will be using and then and the creation tool will ask you which flash drive you want to use. After you choose the flash drive you will install it to it will begin installing. After you are done install it to your CD or flash drive. Open this PC and double click on your CD or flash drive and double click on the file called setup. You can install Windows 10 from there without restarting your computer. You will be given 3 options.

*Install Windows 10 and keep your files and settings and programs.

*Keep your files and settings but erase your programs

*Erase everything of your computer and install Windows 10.

Choose to keep everything and your settings and programs unless if you want to do something else.

(I didn't realize it was no9t going to show the link, it was only going to make the webpage names a hyperlink. You can click on Windows 10 to download the media creation tool and the CNET link to find out what version you will be getting)

ZeldaYoshi, Aug 4, 2015
  5. ZeldaYoshi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Difficulties downloading Windows 10

1. Difficulties downloading Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Difficulties downloading

2. Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive: Hi there, I'm having trouble accessing a shared network drive from my work computer. Every time I try to connect, I receive an error message stating that the drive cannot be found. I've double-checked the network settings and ensured that I have the correct permissions. Could...
  3. Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive: Hi there, I'm having trouble accessing a shared network drive from my work computer. Every time I try to connect, I receive an error message stating that the drive cannot be found. I've double-checked the network settings and ensured that I have the correct permissions. Could...
  4. My old Windows XP laptop is having technical difficulties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old Windows XP laptop is having technical difficulties.: Hello I have this old Windows XP Toshiba laptop. I tried using the “product recovery” disk to restore the operating system. But I’ve come across some issues. One of the errors I got setting it up was “ERROR: CreateFile 1. PHYSICALDRIVEOThe system cannot find the file...
  5. My old Windows XP laptop is having technical difficulties.

My old Windows XP laptop is having technical difficulties.: Hello I have this old Windows XP Toshiba laptop. I tried using the “product recovery” disk to restore the operating system. But I’ve come across some issues. One of the errors I got setting it up was “ERROR: CreateFile 1. PHYSICALDRIVEOThe system cannot find the file...
  6. Difficulty turning on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Difficulty turning on my Laptop: Hello my name is Mike, I was using my laptop then got distracted for a short while when i came back to my laptop i found it in sleep mode and assumed that i turned it off so i went to bed not knowing that i never turned it off. So in the morning when i woke up i decided to...
  7. Difficulty downloading latest features from 2004 build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difficulty downloading latest features from 2004 build: I am trying to lean machine learning and was trying to set my computer up to a network. The directions I was following said I would need to download the unreleased version of window 10. Is it possible to do this? Dave...
  8. Downloading and Installing Games difficulties

Downloading and Installing Games difficulties: Hi, I cannot download the game called Fortnite in the Microsoft Store. It keeps on saying,'It looks like you do not have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft Account.To install,sign in on a device to your Microsoft account,' Please help......
  9. difficulty downloading photos from iphone

difficulty downloading photos from iphone: I seem to always have trouble trying to download photos from my iphone. It gets to the point where it has identified all the new photos and when I select the import option, I get the very unhelpful message "something went wrong." I have tried restarting, unplugging my phone...
  10. download difficulty on windows Store

download difficulty on windows Store: I am not able to download whatsapp or itunes on windows store, the download button "FREE" is not highlighted. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-difficulty-on-windows-store/02bc413e-c6d3-4a00-a860-7278215c5be6