Windows 10: difficulties getting a secure 802.11 AC connection

Discus and support difficulties getting a secure 802.11 AC connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently installed an 802.11 AC wi-fi adapter, dual-band: 2.40 GHz ISM; and 5.0 GHz UNII, which claims to be backwards-compatible with 802.11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gunn Purdy Corp, Sep 19, 2018.

1. difficulties getting a secure 802.11 AC connection

I recently installed an 802.11 AC wi-fi adapter, dual-band: 2.40 GHz ISM; and 5.0 GHz UNII, which claims to be backwards-compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n, and I've downloaded the most recent driver update for it, released August 31, 2018. My wi-fi hub is a Cisco Linksys WAP610N, approximately 4 years old. Since installing the new adapter I am having difficulties getting a secure connection. Signal strength is excellent, but it can take half-an-hour to get a secure connection, and data transfer rates are really slow. I know this is not really a Microsoft issue, I should contact the manufacturers of the hub and the adapter, but I have a hunch that this forum is more likely to give me a helpful answer.

:)

Gunn Purdy Corp, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Aera Rua Win User

AC WiFi connecting as N protocol WINDOWS 10 64 BIT

AC Wireless standard is part of the 802.11 family of a 5 Ghz band. Based on your post your connection type is set to 802.11n and the transmission rate is ranging to 585 MBit/s. We suggested that you contact ISP for them to see on their side if there is something
    that you have to check in the web UI of your router. We’ll do our best to help you try to change the N protocol to your desired set-up. Try these steps to see if your connection type is set to 802.11ac:

• Press Windows key + X, then select Device Manager.
    • Click the dropdown list for your Network Adapters, then right-click on the driver for your USB stick.
    • Select Properties, then Advanced Tab.
    • Under Advanced Tab, check the following:
      • 40MHz Intolerant is enabled.
      • Wireless Mode value is 802.11ac
      • 800.11n is disable
    • Try running netsh wlan show interfaces again, to see if there are changes.

Keep us in the loop with the results.

Aera Rua, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Le Boule Win User
    After Full Scan with windows defender i got problem to remove Trojan:win32/Dynamer!ac

https://www.microsoft.com/security/...Name=Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!ac&ocid=-2147283291

If Windows Defender will not alleviate this problem, recommend you follow the suggestions in this free multi-step removal guide from Malwaretips.com. The removal tools/procedures are free. http://malwaretips.com/blogs/trojan-win32-dynamer-ac-removal/

But…

If none of the other tools listed in the Malwaretips guide identify any malware, you are using an HP laptop and the alleged malware detection by Windows Defender is listed as
    being in the “D” Drive on the laptop then you may be seeing a “false positive” detection. Should you determine you are probably seeing a "false detection"
    suggest you post back in this thread with further information.

Good luck…

Le Boule, Sep 19, 2018
  4. curatia Win User

difficulties getting a secure 802.11 AC connection

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

difficulties getting a secure 802.11 AC connection

1. difficulties getting a secure 802.11 AC connection - Similar Threads - difficulties getting secure

2. Event ID 802: RD Connection Broker failed to process

in Windows 10 News
    Event ID 802: RD Connection Broker failed to process: [IMG]After setting up Remote Desktop Quick Start, when some Windows users tried to RDP to the RD Server, they received an error stating that Can’t connect to the remote computer. After probing about the error in Event Viewer, they see Event ID 802: RD Connection Broker failed...
  3. Miracast Connection difficulty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast Connection difficulty: I am using a Dell XPS-13-9310 running Windows 10. I am trying to use Miracast to a Roku TV. My computer indicates that: " Miracast: Available, with HDCP" but "Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver". When I try to connect from my laptop to TV my laptop sees the TV but...
  4. Miracast Connection difficulty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast Connection difficulty: I am using a Dell XPS-13-9310 running Windows 10. I am trying to use Miracast to a Roku TV. My computer indicates that: " Miracast: Available, with HDCP" but "Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver". When I try to connect from my laptop to TV my laptop sees the TV but...
  5. Difficulty connecting Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty connecting Bluetooth device: Hi! I'm finding it difficult to connect my Earbud-Edifier TWS1 Pro to my laptop - windows 10.It seems the device but it's asking for PIN to finish the connection process. I don't know how to get the PIN...
  6. Difficulty connecting Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difficulty connecting Bluetooth device: Hi! I'm finding it difficult to connect my Earbud-Edifier TWS1 Pro to my laptop - windows 10.It seems the device but it's asking for PIN to finish the connection process. I don't know how to get the PIN...
  7. Difficulty connecting Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. There is an difficulty with the Windows VPN connection.

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is an difficulty with the Windows VPN connection.: Hello there,I'm in want of a few assist with this...When I actually have a everyday net connection, I don't have any difficulty gaining access to any website. When I hook up with a VPN Hotspot Shield, however, it seems that the web website online is unavailable. But the...
  9. Projector connecting difficulties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projector connecting difficulties: Please i need help. My HP pentium R running current windows 10 can display on external projector on epson projector but does for other projectors.All suggestions are warmly welcomed...
  10. Difficulty connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty connecting to wifi: I am running Windows 10 on my computer. I was having no trouble connecting to wifi until now. When I try to connect, I get a message stating that the computer cannot connect to the internet. I know that my modem and router are working correctly since I am able to connect...