Windows 10: Difficulties installing a new SSD

Discus and support Difficulties installing a new SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a new 240GB SSD to replace an ailing hard drive. I've created an image of the old drive. I cannot get the computer a Dell laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RalphBrands, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Difficulties installing a new SSD

I recently bought a new 240GB SSD to replace an ailing hard drive. I've created an image of the old drive. I cannot get the computer a Dell laptop running Windows 10 to recognize the new drive. It does not appear in File Explorer, but does show up in Device Manager/Disk Drives as "SATA SSD USB device". I'm running is as an external hard drive on my desk top through a USB port.

In Disk Management I can see it and it shows as Basic, Online, and Unallocated.

I've been to the Windows Help site and tried those suggestions. The options are either shaded or don't appear at all. I am unable to assign a drive letter. I could find no way to initialize or format it.

I've tried Easus Partition Master and DriveImage XML to see if I can do something with it, with no success.

I don't see a search function here to see if someone else has already asked about this topic, so sorry if I'm missing something here.

Thanks for looking.

:)

RalphBrands, Oct 21, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Vario Win User
    Difficulty with new build

Hello.

I just built a new computer with a Biostar NF4 SLI Mobo, a MSI ATI X800XL, 2x512 Mushkin Ram, 80 GB SATA Samsung HDD.

Computer had a lot of difficulty after a fresh reformat and install of windows. Lots of difficulty with drivers, for example, mouse fails to work occasionally after boot. The main problem I am experiencing is the Videocard fails to take any catalyst drivers. After an install of the latest drivers, I get a CLI.exe error, and the catalyst control center fails to load (which it should load every windows boot) Windows is up to date.

The error is as follows:
    CLI.exe - Application error:
    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Any suggestions? I am wondering about compatibility between this particular motherboard and the video card.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Ran DXDIAG. According to direct x, I am running an x800gto. Should it say x800xl? Is it possible a prior owner (this is a possibly refurb. ebay purchase) flashed the card wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Vario, Oct 21, 2020
  4. JMiller06 Win User

Difficulties installing a new SSD

Installing Windows 10 to a new SSD

Hello.

I'm having some difficulty installing a fresh copy of Windows 10 onto my SSD. Here's a little background information.

I have a Lenovo Flex 3 laptop which came with a HDD. Being accustomed to the fast boot and load times of a SSD on my desktop, I set out to replace my HDD with a SSD. I opened up the laptop, pulled the HDD and popped in the SSD. After some difficulty I won't
    go into here, I managed to boot into Windows 10 setup from a USB drive.

The problem I am facing now is that the Windows 10 setup will not recognize my SSD during installation. I've been working on this for a few hours now and have read a few people running into similar problems but have yet to find a solution that works.

I know the BIOS recognizes the drive as I have seen it listed in the boot sequence. Setup is asking me for a driver for the SSD but I have had no luck finding such a driver.

Anyone else have this problem? How did you solve it?

The SSD is a Micron M500 240gb, in case that helps.

JMiller06, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Difficulties installing a new SSD

1. Difficulties installing a new SSD - Similar Threads - Difficulties installing SSD

2. Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD: So basically my computer takes a really long time to open, like very long, like it will take 2 minutes to get to the password page and then once I enter my password it takes maybe 10 minutes for my computer to function normally. The only apps I set to open automatically via...
  3. Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD: So basically my computer takes a really long time to open, like very long, like it will take 2 minutes to get to the password page and then once I enter my password it takes maybe 10 minutes for my computer to function normally. The only apps I set to open automatically via...
  4. Difficulty changing windows to my new SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Installing new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing new SSD: I think I may have done something stupid and I'm hoping someone might have a solution to help me! My daughter's Lenovo laptop had an HDD and was running terribly slowly and causing problems when she tried to do her homework. I bought a Scandisk SSD, followed a YouTube...
  6. Installing new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing new SSD: I think I may have done something stupid and I'm hoping someone might have a solution to help me! My daughter's Lenovo laptop had an HDD and was running terribly slowly and causing problems when she tried to do her homework. I bought a Scandisk SSD, followed a YouTube...
  7. Installing new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Installing a new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing a new SSD: I recently purchased NVMe SSD for my laptop I installed the Drive but the system doesn't seem to recognize that a drive has been installed. When opening the Disk Management resource nothing appears do I need to install a version of windows on the SSD before it will be...
  9. new install on new ssd,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new install on new ssd,: is there a way to delete just the windows files on my old ssd or am i going to have to format my old ssd to get rid of the old installation? submitted by /u/traveler9001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxhkz5/new_install_on_new_ssd/
  10. New SSD Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD Install: Backed up files per MS instructions Created recovery USB per MS instructions Replaced SSD with a bigger one from another computer Stared eecovery off USB After a long install process, got the message "there was a problem resetting your pc. No changes were made" Any...